The Race Place

Cambridge Polytrack underway

Hesi

The statement is quite specific, so it cannot be a typo with someone mixing up m2 with m3

The construction which started yesterday will see the main Cambridge grass trial track dug up and over 10,000 square metres of the Polytrack surface laid.

5 minutes ago, Freda said:

If that is correct wrt the source of sand,  the Awapuni and Riccarton models are going to be a tad pricey.

I think barryb was also referring to the material for the underlying drainage layers which may have to be 'imported' in the Waikato.

2 hours ago, barryb said:

Do the calcs as Curious has and you see that a Race Track is not what it adds up too.

Well the further calc would be that if the silica surface mix is round .3m deep over the asphalt, 10,000 m3 would equal a 15-16m track. That does add up better.

Edited by curious

Response from Michael Guerin, I've invited him to join, but probably too busy

Hi Alan
No it’s definitely going to be 16m wide and a race track eventually. They told me 10,000 square metres, which sounds light to me, but that may be what they already have their to lay initially. I think he might have meant to say cubic meters to be honest. I must admit they were a little vague on detail but I’m pretty sure they will cover the whole thing.
:)
Good luck with the site and Happy New Year