The Race Place

The Black Caps Cant!

Hesi

2 hours ago, curious said:

I part covered at 1.18 so ended up a little ahead. That freaky throw that hit the bat screwed me when I thought I was home for all money!

how must Martin Guptill be feeling right now? Got us to the final running out Dhoni but threw the ball that ricocheted off Stokes's bat to the fence for the 4 overthrows. Freakish incident that cost us the final. And it was Guptill run out at the very end by Buttler. The man must be in need of a good psychotherapist!

Hopefully it will go down in history as the greatest ODI ever played. A fairer result would be for the Final to be tied and the glory shared. But what a game...

Dobby is so so sorry Master VC! I’ve even added an extra exclamation mark

Dobby was there as instructed Master to make sure the Black Caps won the cricket World Cup 

But Dobby is a Stranger Thing from the upside down world and and there was a force greater than Dobby’s at the ground Master Dobby could feel it 

As instructed Dobby used his magic Master VC!! 

It’s time Master Stokes was caught on the boundary by Master Boult But But Dobby could feel it as soon as Dobby cast the spell for Master Stokes to be caught a greater force cast there spell and Master Boult was made stand on the rope

Dobby wanted to run and hide Master VC!!

This time Dobby like instructed in the last game was going to run Master Stokes out by Master Guptill But Dobby could feel it Sir the last time Dobby had a feeling like this was at the England Argentina World Cup and that day it was the hand of god and today it was the Bat of God after all Master VC!! We were at Lords

Dobby is so sorry he has failed his Master look on the bright side Master 

NZ are Gupted but at least England are Stoked09C89DF3-B940-4A85-AA48-2BBF8A37A93B.thumb.jpeg.b8ea605c3ab615f801e8b70288f7bcc8.jpeg

• Haha 1

They need to get the review system sorted, the technology is accurate enough to determine whether a batsman is out or not.

At the moment it is limited as to whether a side still has a review(Ross Taylor's lbw), or whether the on field umpire gives a lbw out or not.

Out and reviewed, it only has to clip the stumps, not out and reviewed, it has to be more than 50% hitting the stumps??

They seem to have got themselves into a bit of a pickle, trying to use the technology to get the right decision

To be honest, there should never have been a super over for each to determine a winner. Tied on 241 each, we should have won the match ,awarded the win by two wickets. We bowled them out FFS. Archaic outdated rules indicative of Cricket as a whole, and throw in the Duckworth Lewis system and it gets even more ridiculous.

Give me a Penalty shootout anyday.  Football is lost on the insufferable you know who, eh Pete.:classic_wink:

• Like 1

I note that Ben Stokes went to the umpire and said he wanted the 4 runs from the boundary taken off, but the umpire said he could not as it was the rules.

Normal cricket 'etiquette', is that a ball being accidentally deflected into the field, the batsmen doesn't run, but if it deflects to the boundary the ump must score it as 4.

A fascinating situation....only if you are a Pom.  Imagine the uproar within England had the umpire acceded to Stokes request

Thats a sticky wicket that laws change.

Problem is that the current etiquette is just that. It would become absurd when players play against that etiquette and start running. Maybe its not absurd, maybe its just like waiting for a ball to run dead in rugby - thats what fielders would have to do. Give it a sly kick along the way to boot.

Personally I wish players of all sports would play hard to to rules and give up the etiquette. Someones backing up? Thanks for the wicket. Someone hurt their wittle ankle in football and wants the game to stop? Harden up lad and pick the ball out of the net!!

Cricket is a funny game though, an English upper class bastion, full of more etiquette than most other sports put together.

The Aussies rode roughshod over a lot of that, and look where that got them.

Talking of England and Aussie, the Ashes start at Edgbaston on Aug 1

• 2 weeks later...