Craig's 5 Winners Spring Summer Comp Second to Last Day Feb 22
Sir Gee Gee's(Sir Gallivant/Rex) HARNESS Comp continues FEB 23RD OAMARU - BURNIE

It is with a heavy heart i wish to advise i need to step down from running the punters club as with 2 young kids with medical issues and 4 kids and a wife to look after this needs to be my main priority.

Over the last 7-8 years i have met some amazing people who i will be life long friends with and the support from everyone over that time has been amazing.

I do hope it is not the end of the club and that someone may have the time to put in to continue running it with tweaks etc. I definately be keen to be a member of a club run by another member.

May the punting gods be kind to every single one of us and that a huge collect allows a punters club punting weekend where we can all meet each other ( i guess dreams are free)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a great shame but totally understandable Jason, I do hope things get better for the whole family this year and years to come.

Though i have only been part of the club for the last three to four years it has been enjoyable and hopefully it will be picked up by another one of us in the Punters Club.

My personal thanks for your kind and supportive messages and the jocular bantering we have had, best wishes to Sarah and your wee ones.

• Like 1

Jason, can you post a summary of what is required to run the Punters Club 

Basically, what you do

Might help with convincing someone else picking up the running

4 hours ago, Sir Gallivant said:

This is a great shame but totally understandable Jason, I do hope things get better for the whole family this year and years to come.

Though i have only been part of the club for the last three to four years it has been enjoyable and hopefully it will be picked up by another one of us in the Punters Club.

My personal thanks for your kind and supportive messages and the jocular bantering we have had, best wishes to Sarah and your wee ones.

Thanks for your kind words Rex I know your family has had health issues as well and thank your son for me for keeping us updated if you are unwell. Sarah said to say Hi also

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

Jason, can you post a summary of what is required to run the Punters Club 

Basically, what you do

Might help with convincing someone else picking up the running

Hi Hesi

I think the PC needs a tweak so the new person may have some new ideas but the 3 mains things I had to do to run it were

* collect the weekly entry money and keep a spreadsheet of payments

* create a betting draw

* deposit the betting money in to members account or place all bets for non TAB acc holders

* update results weekly and keep winnings spreadsheet updated

* payout at end of period

With the awesome members I had it was easy keeping track as no bad payers (most people actual paid in advance)

I do hope someone does put their hand up as we still want to be part of it for years to come.

Thanks, let's hope someone will think about the legacy you have  left, and take it on, I think it needs to be a well known regular in the clubs, who knows the way it all works

Ta and best wishes

• Like 1

JASON , THANKS MATE FOR THE YEARS OF ENJOYMENT.... WE WERE CLOSE TO A COUPLE OF DECENT QUADDIES MATE,

THE ENTERTAINMENT WAS GOOD AND THE COST MINIMAL (IF NOT A SMALL PROFIT) YOU RAN A TIDY SHIP MATE

YOUR HONESTY AND INTEGRITY WAS NEVER ONCE QUESTIONED BY ANYONE.

HOPE SOMEONE CAN PICK UP THE REINS...IF NO-ONE DOES ..., i MAY CONSIDER.

ALL THE BEST WITH THE FAMILY. ...THINGS GET EASIER AS THEY GET OLDER...THEN THEY BECOME TEENS ! LOL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Porky said:

JASON , THANKS MATE FOR THE YEARS OF ENJOYMENT.... WE WERE CLOSE TO A COUPLE OF DECENT QUADDIES MATE,

THE ENTERTAINMENT WAS GOOD AND THE COST MINIMAL (IF NOT A SMALL PROFIT) YOU RAN A TIDY SHIP MATE

YOUR HONESTY AND INTEGRITY WAS NEVER ONCE QUESTIONED BY ANYONE.

HOPE SOMEONE CAN PICK UP THE REINS...IF NO-ONE DOES ..., i MAY CONSIDER.

ALL THE BEST WITH THE FAMILY. ...THINGS GET EASIER AS THEY GET OLDER...THEN THEY BECOME TEENS ! LOL

Thanks for your kind words it does really  mean plenty to both Sarah and I.

Porky's Punters Club does have a nice ring to it 😁

• Like 2

Totally understand your decision Jase.You've done a great job but understandable that your family must come first.I hope everything sorts itself out for you and your family. It won't be me,but i hope that someone can take over the PC in due course.

Hope things pick up for your family Jason. I agree with Mardy you have done a great job with the club over the years.

Unfortunately I wouldn't know a spreadsheet from a spread-eagled racehorse so its beyond my computer skills.Hopefully there is someone

to take it up.

Been thinking about the club,but i don't think i'll either have the time nor the ability to manage it.Wonder if it can be possible to have more than 1 person run it?..would be a shame tho to let it die. 

Just rehashing Jason's post on what he does

I think the PC needs a tweak so the new person may have some new ideas but the 3 mains things I had to do to run it were

* collect the weekly entry money and keep a spreadsheet of payments

* create a betting draw

* deposit the betting money in to members account or place all bets for non TAB acc holders

* update results weekly and keep winnings spreadsheet updated

* payout at end of period

With the awesome members I had it was easy keeping track as no bad payers (most people actual paid in advance)

• Like 1

Can we get an indication from the current members, what the interest is in a new Punters Club, run by somebody.  Also any new entrants

It could be, that like PJ's comp, the Punters Club is about Jason, so many may not be interested without Jason

Moosey
Steve paul
Tom YES
Nek
Andy
Maximus
Pete
Sir G YES
Mardy YES
Brownfox YES
Sandpiper YES
Group one winner
Porky YES
Smiler  YES
Blind squirrel
McCooks YES
Richie YES
Vanturk
Tigertiger

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hesi said:

Can we get an indication from the current members, what the interest is in a new Punters Club, run by somebody.  Also any new entrants

It could be, that like PJ's comp, the Punters Club is about Jason, so many may not be interested without Jason

Moosey
Steve paul
Tom
Nek
Andy
Maximus
Pete
Sir G
Mardy
Brownfox
Sandpiper
Group one winner
Porky
Smiler
Blind squirrel
McCooks
Richie
Vanturk
Tigertiger

We are in

I'd be in,tho am sensing it could be a struggle to find someone to run it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I'd be in,tho am sensing it could be a struggle to find someone to run it.

Let's see what the response is like first

• Like 1

I'm in,unfortunately I dont have the time to run it as quite often work Saturdaus

• Like 1

I'm not sure of my participation for a coupe of reasons

1 same as Richie I also work most Saturdays plus I'm one of the lepers with no NZ TAB Account

2. My enthusiasm waned last time around due to the length of the Club and the lack of updating etc. in the last 6-8 weeks. That is not a shot at Jason as I completely understand his situation and it s one nobody wants to find themselves in - Th club just seemed to lack any enthusiasm unlike previous editions

I was keen to provide feedback on some changes that could be implemented so please feel free to dissect these thoughts, add any you may have and we may be able to come up with a solution,

A. Regardless of the number of participants the Club shouldn't run longer than 10 weeks maximum - just divide number of participants by number of weeks and if there are more than two per week so be it - some weeks will have 3 people betting.

B. One go per participant - no matter what you collect that is your turn done.

C. You can bet where you like, when you like from Friday lunchtime to Sunday night - Sports or racing - but all bets for the day MUST be notified before midday. I found it incredibly frustrating trying to watch the progress of the club from work or at home when members don't post all their bets and even post bets after the race has been run.

D. $300 stake - $30 per week equivalent. Paid weekly, fortnightly or in one lump sum - whatever suits.  If 3 people are punting then we will have a tasty $900 in play 

E. Minimum bet amount is $30 or 10% e.g $300 Quaddie taken at $30% - Note $10W and $20 place on one horse counts as a $30 bet

F. One of your bets must be for a $90 total. I like the idea we have a decent punt om something - the rest are however way you want to play it.

G. Random draw for who bets when but if you have a particular day you want to bet on then it will be accommodated in the draw

H. Bonus Week 11 - at the end of the 10 week period participants can vote to allocate a set % of their individual payouts to a bonus weekend or take their payout. Those who participate in the bonus weekend will pool their contributions and players with the 3 highest tallies during the ten week comp will spend it. Any returns are paid back to participants in the bonus weekend as per their % contribution e.g 10 people want to play the bonus round and all contribute $150 - there is $1500 to spend with 3 nominated players spending $500 each. Any winnings divided equally amongst the 10 as they all contributed the same.

All other players would be paid out the set amount after week 10 and the bonus players get there amounts after week 11.

Those are just some ideas to kick around - not everyone will like them all but lets get some discussion going and then try and get an organiser and the Club ready to go by say Feb 8 (International day at Te Rapa) - if we accept the 10 week thing it would be wrapped up by Hawkes Bay Cup Day - 11 April (last day of the Championships at Sydney) - Bonus weekend would be Easter Handicap weekend at Ellerslie.

• Like 4

I do love a lot of what the Squirrel has outlined.I am tempted to run it,but i don't think i could do it justice,sounds like it takes a lot of work.Seriously hope someone can take it up.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Blind Squirrel said:

I'm not sure of my participation for a coupe of reasons

1 same as Richie I also work most Saturdays plus I'm one of the lepers with no NZ TAB Account

2. My enthusiasm waned last time around due to the length of the Club and the lack of updating etc. in the last 6-8 weeks. That is not a shot at Jason as I completely understand his situation and it s one nobody wants to find themselves in - Th club just seemed to lack any enthusiasm unlike previous editions

I was keen to provide feedback on some changes that could be implemented so please feel free to dissect these thoughts, add any you may have and we may be able to come up with a solution,

A. Regardless of the number of participants the Club shouldn't run longer than 10 weeks maximum - just divide number of participants by number of weeks and if there are more than two per week so be it - some weeks will have 3 people betting.

B. One go per participant - no matter what you collect that is your turn done.

C. You can bet where you like, when you like from Friday lunchtime to Sunday night - Sports or racing - but all bets for the day MUST be notified before midday. I found it incredibly frustrating trying to watch the progress of the club from work or at home when members don't post all their bets and even post bets after the race has been run.

D. $300 stake - $30 per week equivalent. Paid weekly, fortnightly or in one lump sum - whatever suits.  If 3 people are punting then we will have a tasty $900 in play 

E. Minimum bet amount is $30 or 10% e.g $300 Quaddie taken at $30% - Note $10W and $20 place on one horse counts as a $30 bet

F. One of your bets must be for a $90 total. I like the idea we have a decent punt om something - the rest are however way you want to play it.

G. Random draw for who bets when but if you have a particular day you want to bet on then it will be accommodated in the draw

H. Bonus Week 11 - at the end of the 10 week period participants can vote to allocate a set % of their individual payouts to a bonus weekend or take their payout. Those who participate in the bonus weekend will pool their contributions and players with the 3 highest tallies during the ten week comp will spend it. Any returns are paid back to participants in the bonus weekend as per their % contribution e.g 10 people want to play the bonus round and all contribute $150 - there is $1500 to spend with 3 nominated players spending $500 each. Any winnings divided equally amongst the 10 as they all contributed the same.

All other players would be paid out the set amount after week 10 and the bonus players get there amounts after week 11.

Those are just some ideas to kick around - not everyone will like them all but lets get some discussion going and then try and get an organiser and the Club ready to go by say Feb 8 (International day at Te Rapa) - if we accept the 10 week thing it would be wrapped up by Hawkes Bay Cup Day - 11 April (last day of the Championships at Sydney) - Bonus weekend would be Easter Handicap weekend at Ellerslie.

Blind Squirrel, I like the above, obviously well thought out and eloquently put.

I would be keen to particicpate in something run along the lines of the above, especially if the author of the above was running it or was involved in the running of it, doesn't hsve to be a single person, does it?

I also do not have TAB account.

Steve.