The Race Place

Supporting Brighton

pete

10 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Well that was a bit deflating Pete. 5 in the net from the 'Everton' pretenders today ... sigh. (to end the Brighton dream of Europe I would think sadly).

and drawn against the highest flyers of Arsenal, Man City and Newcastle in 3 of the next 4 matches. sigh. sigh. sigh. 

All not lost yet. Just general fatigue I reckon.

I think we still have a chance for Europe but has been a fantastic season whatever.

I'm hoping to see them live in August. We're off to the UK for 7 weeks on July 22.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete said:

All not lost yet. Just general fatigue I reckon.

Have a look at the team stats on that game. Unbelievably weighted in Brightons favour by a mile, yet a 5-1 scoreline.  15 corners taken, 23 shots at goal, they are probably thinking ,how did that happen. They have the ability to beat anyone,and Arsenal/Newcastle are there best bet for a win.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete said:

I think we still have a chance for Europe but has been a fantastic season whatever.

I'm hoping to see them live in August. We're off to the UK for 7 weeks on July 22.

Gunna sadly miss Solly March in those matches (as is my fantasy team lol ☹️) as blew a hammy in the Everton match.

All the best for Europe trip and have a great time yourself ! even if Brighton Seagulls can't join you lol. Europe Is gunna be packed this year with covid gone. my 2 kids both going next month (with 15 'twenty-something mates ) for extended periods, some for up to 2 years even. the Son (a keen cricketer) already booked hard to get Ashes tickets at Lord's , the famed home of cricket , at the end of June for the up-coming Ashes spanking of the Poms. 🏆🏏   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, brown fox said:

I'm jealous Pete.Would love to spend 7 weeks tripping around the U.K. Don't forget to have a look around Newcastle.I'm

told its lovely around there these days😁

My brother lives about 12 miles from Bath on the edge of the Salisbury Plain.

Wife and I are venturing to the top of Scotland to do this North Coast 500 tour.

https://www.macsadventure.com/holiday-3152/north-coast-500/

Hope you enjoy your trip with Barbara.

Spending June/July/Aug in the UK would be great.  I lived there, in Hull for 2 years, and the trips away, particularly into the Yorkshire Dakles were unforgettable.  Best beer in England

My family are Geordies, and I presume you also have a connection there Graeme

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Spending June/July/Aug in the UK would be great.  I lived there, in Hull for 2 years, and the trips away, particularly into the Yorkshire Dakles were unforgettable.  Best beer in England

We are spending a couple of nights at Kettlewell in the Dales on the way north. Very special area.

41 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Fantastic stuff Pete, you'll love it.    Make sure you get some fish and chips in Thurso, best I've ever had.   The Mothership's family come from the Orkney Islands so I spent a bit of time up there and in the Highlands when I lived in the UK.

We're overnighting at Thurso. Fish and chips sound wonderful.

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

No my Ancestors arrived here 6 generations ago from Salisbury and Ireland. I always loved the way Newcastle fans

were so enthusiastic about the game despite being shafted by useless owners.So good to see them finally get the team they deserve.

• Like 1

Go to Inveraray Pete. The best whiskey shop you will find anywhere, from the cheapest to the dearest . Just  learn your Gaelic as most have labels that are printed in it. Brilliant shop ,not big but stuffed full of Whiskey.

Then travel on loch Fyne on the paddle steamer. Was cold even in the middle of summer.

Edited by Globederby19
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pete said:

Now that's the way to bounce back after a horrendous loss.

I'm speechless for once.

Brighton .... Brighton... Brightoooooon.....   

Thought the ship had sunk , but the Seagulls re-invent without March and re-surface like a Nautilus submarine , guns a-blazing...  and gunning the 'Gunners' down. amazing.

Arsenal0Brighton & Hove Albion3

•  

•  

hope you enjoyed the Win Pete !! 3 in the net lol.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 7:09 AM, Midnight Caller said:

Pochettino signs for Chelsea 

And Sam Kerr Scores for the Chelsea girls (and for Aus lol 😂 🏆) and wins the FA Cup overnight . Whatta little ripper. can we get her to sub in the 'boys' team somehow? 😎.

Man U locker bare again for another year . oh dear 😆.  

Bring on the World Cup ! not long till it kicks off now . 

6 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Brighton .... Brighton... Brightoooooon.....   

Thought the ship had sunk , but the Seagulls re-invent without March and re-surface like a Nautilus submarine , guns a-blazing...  and gunning the 'Gunners' down. amazing.

Arsenal0Brighton & Hove Albion3

•  

•  

hope you enjoyed the Win Pete !! 3 in the net lol.

Best Monday I've had in ages.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turny said:

Pete, if you have a contact get Brighton to sort out their back 4, what a very dangerous game they play short passing in the red zone, hard to watch.

Good team tho

That's the way they play Tom. Gives me palpitations sometimes.

• Like 1