The Race Place

National Championship Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Congrats to the Canes, holding on for a narrow win today, and well done on qualifying for the playoffs. Even if we'd squeaked home against you today, we KKs wouldn't have got near qualifying. Plenty of wuffies winning in Oz so we had our chances!  Well done, Ferdies, Chiefs and minor Premiers the Mighty Blues. (Howie, don't go the early crow, mate!)

John, you did a fab job covering for PJ - much appreciated by us all.

Heads high, though, Kittykats, no-one got an easy ride against us ...we just came up short a couple of times in a short-ish comp! Never mind. captain Max was honoured to lead the team -Jen, Sharne, Graeme and Rocky - and we're all looking forward to the Draft Comp in a few short weeks. 

Take good care of yourselves in the meantime.

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Porky said:

Beautiful...we landed in the 1/1 , I reaise Ellerslie suits front runners  and the Blues have assumed that mantle...BUT

The Mighty Canes are stacked with talent and will simply run on by ! ...The cream rises to the top !

No Lomu,s these days !

I appreciate that Alan (Hesi)'s late great run yesterday got the Hurricanes home in a nail-biting finish ...... but ...... serious question ........ will Alan be in the starting line-up for the 'Canes next Saturday ? ... or will he be a bench-warmer ? 😊. Serious question ... but with a smiley face. It's just that being semis time it will be advantageous to the 'Canes to put sentiment aside  and put out their best 5 if they're gonna have any chance of matching motors with the Minor Premiership winners. Just trying to be helpful. 😄 Anyways ...there's nothing to be sneezed at coming off the bench when various Hurricanes alumni start to fade as the Mighty Blues go into overdrive close to home, Just saying. 🙂

Just now, Say No More said:

Semi-Finals - Race 1 - Ellerslie R4

1st - 8 Walkin By $22.90
2nd - 3 Riding The Wave Q: $53.90

Scr: N/A

Blues (1st) vs Hurricanes (4th)
1 Blues $229
1 Canes $229

Roland strikes again for the Blues while Porky replies for the Canes. Tied up at 1-1

$0.00 Howie
$0.00 Virgil

$0.00 Geoff
$0.00 John

$0.00 Pete
$0.00 TC

$229.00 Roland
$0.00 Hesi

$0.00 Gordy
$229.00 Porky

Ferdies (2nd) vs Chiefs (3rd)
0 Ferdies $0
1 Chiefs $229

Gee on the roughie to give Maurice a headache and the Chiefs an early lead.

$0.00 Zac
$0.00 Stevie N

$0.00 Ashoka
$0.00 Ian

$0.00 Heather
$0.00 Jack

$0.00 PJ
$0.00 Punter Pete

$0.00 Maurice 
$229.00 Gee

Thanks, John.

Roland is shaping up to be my #1 pick out of the draft next comp ! 😊

Maurice was hoping beyond hope that Gee wouldn''t come up with any 50-1 longshots today.  A 22-1 shot in the opener will give Maurice plenty to do anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if Maurice is up to the task. A long way to go.

Just now, TooFast said:

an interesting start ..... several cannon into the gates, blood noses, etc, bounce back ..... gates open .... leap forward ......and off ! 

interesting. 😔

A microcosm of today's team fortunes perhaps ......? 

2 minutes ago, Say No More said:

I think Roland's other runner finished last Howie. They also don't pay beaut quinellas on 1st/Last.

Revised Race 1 dividends will be reflected in next result.

Sub ran 2nd so late scratching didn't help anyone.

Good spot, John. I was wondering who'd be awake to that ? Knew I'd never be able to slide that one past our maestro scorer. 😂 

Semi-Finals - Race 2 - Ellerslie R5

1st - 10 Iron Eagle $11.10
2nd - 11 Swords Drawn Q: $14.80

Scr: N/A

Hesi (Q) starts the chase after Roland, 

I thought I was out of it after R1, but only 42.40 behind John.....eeesy peeasy

Semi-Finals - Race 2 - Ellerslie R5

1st - 10 Iron Eagle $11.10
2nd - 11 Swords Drawn Q: $14.80

Pete scores to give the favourites an early 2-1 lead.

spotted that, John ............ I thought Geoff had tried convincingly to give away our favouritism !   Didn't work ! 😊

Just now, Hesi said:

How much?

Is that legal PJ

We took it out of the fund we use to pay Geoff.

Geoff experienced what us Queen Street types call a 'fiscal deficiency' at negotiations time.

Geoff had been getting lippy to the Team Captain ..... and the rest was history. ☺️