The Race Place

Positive test

ngakonui grass

15 hours ago, Maximus said:

Interesting that in their declared transparency, Te Akau say only that it is human error by a senior person ..they do not actually say what the error was... 

was the NSAID given orally to the wrong horse? 

Was it prescribed for Tokyo Tycoon but given too close to raceday?

MM

iN TAs initial statement they said he hadn't been prescribed for the horse,so my questions would be

Has he ever had it,

Who was this for if it wasn't for him

What was the error??

35 minutes ago, barryb said:

Not the point about it happening at other stables, TA are a standout & charge accordingly. If you do that your systems & processes better stack up or else you will fall from grace.

One relatively small incident of 'human error' (= accidentally administered) will not lead to a substantial fall from grace. TA are not exactly 'doing a Darren Weir' thing here.

What I want to see - in due course, from RIB if that's the process - is the relevant detail as to who did it, when, where and how.

I wouldn't be surprised if TA compensate all the syndicate owners for the loss of earnings - not necessarily replacing the forfeited $$ in full, but something significant, apparently gracious and noble ...and publicised accordingly. THE PR machine will kick in.

MM

57 minutes ago, Maximus said:

One relatively small incident of 'human error' (= accidentally administered) will not lead to a substantial fall from grace. TA are not exactly 'doing a Darren Weir' thing here.

What I want to see - in due course, from RIB if that's the process - is the relevant detail as to who did it, when, where and how.

I wouldn't be surprised if TA compensate all the syndicate owners for the loss of earnings - not necessarily replacing the forfeited $$ in full, but something significant, apparently gracious and noble ...and publicised accordingly. THE PR machine will kick in.

MM

The PR machine has already kicked in, didn't you realise, and it is working.  Always go on the front foot

• Like 1

Just now, barryb said:

It was a Group 1 race worth over $300k, small incident for the owners mate?

I fucking doubt it.

Since a person I know has a share in it, I know he is none too pleased & that's an understatement.

by small i weas referring to the apparently innocent 'human error', not the size of anyone's bank account.

MM

16 hours ago, barryb said:

It was a Group 1 race worth over $300k, small incident for the owners mate?

I fucking doubt it.

Since a person I know has a share in it, I know he is none too pleased & that's an understatement.

Hi Barry,

I don't think the negative impact on the stable's reputation would matter, whether it was $300,000 race, or a $10,000 race, it should not have happened, and as others have said, the human element of error is always possible.

Glad you have someone you know that has a share in the horse, and you will be able to pass onto us what compensation, or not, will be offered to the owners, and then when can all put our "two bobs" worth in, whatever that maybe.

Cheers.

Robert.

• 2 weeks later...