The Race Place

The Race, Barrier Draw

Rusty

4 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Aww come on Max. we got MM running tonight, in the flying mile. Not quite all a yawn.lol

MM wishes the connections of MM all the best...but here's the thang....why didn't those ever-so-clever peeps who created the slot-holders race create another one for the Trotters? Two races at 500k apiece ...makes one race slightly less appealing and many times more people winners on the night.

MM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Ps hear a bunch of single mums aged 30s & early 40s are going haha. Keen to watch the young now hottie 29 M James play after.

Btw how much is Melbourne Cup general admin for last min tickets? 

Melbourne Cup has 150years head start in popular awareness and appeal, karrots ...

All the 30-40yr single mums should be at home looking after their billy lids not cavorting around half-piste and half-naked in front of the rest.
Bet M James Esq, (whose lyrics to the love ballad 'Bright Blue Skies' include the inspirational "I don't need to take your shit no more") can't get outta sleepifying Cambridge fast enough. 

Anyway, to each his own. Glad Cambridge will make a fortune from overpriced food and drinkies and admission fees, but that's supply and demand for you. What I was hoping for was a wider spread of the $$ for horse owners and trainers, et al... and a stronger overall 'card'.

MM

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

Melbourne Cup has 150years head start in popular awareness and appeal, karrots ...

All the 30-40yr single mums should be at home looking after their billy lids not cavorting around half-piste and half-naked in front of the rest.
Bet M James Esq, (whose lyrics to the love ballad 'Bright Blue Skies' include the inspirational "I don't need to take your shit no more") can't get outta sleepifying Cambridge fast enough. 

Anyway, to each his own. Glad Cambridge will make a fortune from overpriced food and drinkies and admission fees, but that's supply and demand for you. What I was hoping for was a wider spread of the $$ for horse owners and trainers, et al... and a stronger overall 'card'.

MM

You didnt answer my question tho Max. Never asked how long Melbourne Cup has been going. 

How much general admin for NZ Cup Day? 

Bit tough on single mums. So single Dads same thing then? Should be at home looking after kids? Or what about the Dads, should they be allowed to go & not the mums, takes 2 to produce. Party finishes at 11pm. Dont see the harm in them being out of the house from 5pm - 11pm with a babysitter. Or perhaps kids at a friends. Who said they will be 1/2 pissed? 

Iv said multiple times on here, but I understand you follow gallops not Harness. Cambridge got 120 noms for this meeting but TAB/HRNZ only gave them 8 races. Not fair. Anyway yes each to their own. Im sure it will be a great nite for those that attend. 

1 minute ago, karrotsishere said:

You didnt answer my question tho Max. Never asked how long Melbourne Cup has been going. 

How much general admin for NZ Cup Day? 

Bit tough on single mums. So single Dads same thing then? Should be at home looking after kids? Or what about the Dads, should they be allowed to go & not the mums, takes 2 to produce. Party finishes at 11pm. Dont see the harm in them being out of the house from 5pm - 11pm with a babysitter. Or perhaps kids at a friends. Who said they will be 1/2 pissed? 

Iv said multiple times on here, but I understand you follow gallops not Harness. Cambridge got 120 noms for this meeting but TAB/HRNZ only gave them 8 races. Not fair. Anyway yes each to their own. Im sure it will be a great nite for those that attend. 

indeed it will..might even put a bob each way on something just for fun

MM

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Ps hear a bunch of single mums aged 30s & early 40s are going haha. Keen to watch the young now hottie 29 M James play after.

Btw how much is Melbourne Cup general admin for last min tickets? 

Hey Karrots, prices below for gate tickets

Melbourne Cup Carnival Tickets Ticket Type Regular price
Penfold Victoria Derby Day Adult  $83.00
Penfold Victoria Derby Day Children (U12) FREE
Penfold Victoria Derby Day Concession $45.00
Lexus Melbourne Cup Day Adult $89.00
Lexus Melbourne Cup Day Children (U12) FREE
Lexus Melbourne Cup Day Concession $62.00
Kennedy Oaks Day Adult $60.00
Kennedy Oaks Day Children (U12) FREE
Kennedy Oaks Day Concession $31.00
Paramount + Stakes Day Adult $64.00
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2023 at 11:26 PM, Forbury said:

I don't believe it's smart it's a load of bulls**t as he's said Kalua flybye would go back and not lead and Matt white tried at all costs to lead before it broke at the park.then when first up in Sydney he said it won't go forward and have a crack for lead but the opposite happened again so on so on.he keeps saying misleading information in the media so I would not listen to a word he says

Max wouldnt believe anything any rider/driver/trainer says publicly before a race about their race tactics. It's all BS.

On 4/12/2023 at 11:20 PM, Forbury said:

Don't worry gamma if I could block you I would as you offer nothing but trolling so from now on I will not read anything you say or respond all the best lots of love

I can assure you im not Gammalite but you keep guessing

Edited by Addington
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Trackside presenters all sounded like they were on steroids and/or half-piste with sheer excitement ...and that was for the $15k under-card. Totally predictable 'big race', all over with a lap to go.

Sory to see MM didnt do the right thing for ya, Rees. Are you consoling yerself at the M James after-party??

MM

On 4/13/2023 at 9:32 AM, karrotsishere said:

Here is my fun guess race scenerio, bragging rights for the poster that gets it closest to the mark.

Old Town Road crosses No Matter Wat, Copy That goes out with OTR. BD Joe comes out also. OTR leads, Copy That keeps pressing forward as does BJ Joe, to eventually Copy That is in the lead & BD Joe is parked with OTR in trail. No matter Wat 3 back fence, Nicolas Cage 4 back fence, Self Assured has pushed thru to get the 1/1, Akuta has moved directly behind Self Assured to be 3 bak outer. Triple 8 drops bak off gate & ends up 4 bak outer, his stable mate Bettor Esclipse files back also & lands behind him in outer & Kango goes bak & either files in outer behind them or takes up the rail to be 5 back.

This is how they stay initially field order. Until Bettor Eclipse moves. This move could be at anytime, but he goes 1st. Pending when he moves if its in the 2nd 1/2 of the race Triple 8 will grab his back & be a helmet to follow. Akuta sees this movement from back coming & M Purdon isnt that keen on being 4 bak outer over final stages  or even 5 bak outter, so he needs to move to either go infront of the moving forward Bettor Eclipse or follow him in on the helmet. Probably push out infront of him actally. Seeing the 3 wide line coming N Ras will make a decision to move too with them either in-front of them or behind them. Pending where in the running this takes place, she could push Bettor Eclipse 4 wide.

BJ Joe would of got the shuffle up, maybe to 3 bak outer or worse case 4 bak outer final stages. He potentially needs to push out, or risk getting pushed back.

Copy That copes not much pressure other than the initial getting the lead pressure, because none of these are types that will bully or apply lots of pressure.

1st, 2nd in any order Copy That & Old Town Road.

3rd - 4th who knows.

Kango & Nicolas Cage wont be able to get into it, due to the draws hurting them & them being out the back majority of the race. Altho with Cage being tucked up 4 bak rail, he may finish the race off nicely running on. Could get 5th.

Results time. Karrots is the only entrant, Karrots win. But Karrots on the money haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dancing Show said:

Hey Karrots, prices below for gate tickets

15 hours ago, Maximus said:

NZ Trotting Cup tickets:

How much are GENERAL ADMISSION tickets?
$49 per person + fees.

MM

Melbourne Cup Carnival Tickets
Ticket Type Regular price
Penfold Victoria Derby Day Adult  $83.00
Penfold Victoria Derby Day Children (U12) FREE
Penfold Victoria Derby Day Concession $45.00
Lexus Melbourne Cup Day Adult $89.00
Lexus Melbourne Cup Day Children (U12) FREE
Lexus Melbourne Cup Day Concession $62.00
Kennedy Oaks Day Adult $60.00
Kennedy Oaks Day Children (U12) FREE
Kennedy Oaks Day Concession $31.00
Paramount + Stakes Day Adult $64.00

Cool thanks

15 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Well if they are not hard and fast Harness nuts at Cambridge there isn't much else to do. Maybe a third pissed , better go easy on them, but if they lose their money who pays for the UBER. 

Haha. You are taking Max side with this Globey. Hahaha. On the wrong side bud.

Wrong. Heard it was a royal F up again. Do you recall I went to Jewels & complained about the hospitality or lack of it. I was very upset about it at the time. Well I heard that there was just ONE spot/area serving drinking. Therefore people had to line up for 30 mins to 45 mins to 1 hour for drinks. And the range of drinks was just the sponsors drinks or beer. That many people were VERY effed off with the wait and many people were sober for the nite. Sad to say but Cambridge cleans up on marketing up effs up on hospitality.

I gave you all the tip 2 years ago. Give it to you again. And that my folks could possibly be there downfall. Cant see a club going ahead when they F UP an event so bad x2.

Edited by karrotsishere

Do you recall I went to Jewels & complained

Well that's why complainers shouldn't go to a Harness meet of that ilk. One goes to enjoy Group racing, not do a thesis on poor hospitality. (tongue in cheek Karrots)

many people were sober for the nite.

Good, maybe they enjoyed the racing a little better. One goes to a Harness track to enjoy the racing ,not as a piss fest, and lose consciousness . Why does the public  have to get pissed to enjoy anything?, because they in reality have little interest in what's going on apart from the alcohol ?. Probably. 

Edited by Globederby19

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

Well that's why complainers shouldn't go to a Harness meet of that ilk. One goes to enjoy Group racing, not do a thesis on poor hospitality. (tongue in cheek Karrots)

Good, maybe they enjoyed the racing a little better. One goes to a Harness track to enjoy the racing ,not as a piss fest, and lose consciousness . Why does the public  have to get pissed to enjoy anything?, because they in reality have little interest in what's going on apart from the alcohol ?. Probably. 

Haha. Im never going to recommend friends to go. Ever. Makes me look like a dick.

1 line for approx 4000 people. Is what they said. Joke.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 12:45 PM, Purple Parsnip said:

Racing and betting in the background.

Yes betting in the background. Maybe the club didn't want people betting, instead wanted them to stand in line for most of the nite to get a drink. Iv had it clarified to me, it was just general admin that had solely just 1 line to get a drink. So say guessing general admin numbers were approx 3000 people & 1 line. Its hard to believe & seems incomprehensible. But Iv been assured this was 100% the case. And apparently all drinks were served in cans & wine wasn't served, so not to be glass on the track for the after party. Which was held on the track. So that bit makes sense & reason.

Wonder what the turnover was? 

Edited by karrotsishere