The Race Place

Karaka Gazillions event Saturday, Ellerslie

Maximus

(ARC have taken full page ad(s) in Herald promoting the Event. That's fine, but what impression does the (attached) imagery give you/us?

Let me put it another way ...where are the horses, the stars of the show and the reason for the party? Yes, the glamour and the fashion and hobnobbing with the cognoscenti and 'being seen' (in some cases totally trashed with yer minimal clothing in disarray while puking in public) is all part of the Event. ot to mention paying $130 for a bottle of Moet (you are ripping us off, ARC). But horses like Catalyst are a marketer's dream, so why not include a pic of the nag(s) in your ads, ARC?  This is not a Fashion Show or the Wearable Arts Awards 

20200116_100228.jpg

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 2

Also there was this as part of the Love Racing site ad.

A couple of comments

1.  What about the PUNTERS(the hoi polloi who fund the industry)

2.  The first part didn't seem to gel with the second part.  The glitterati, certainly won't be bringing their kids

Off the track, the party is just as rich with the who’s who of racing mixing with an influx of Auckland’s social set in any number of sell-out precincts on course.

We've also got FREE children's entertainment including a bouncy castle!

And I posed the question on another thread, as to who would be the darling of Karaka this year(sales and gazillion night)....the answer

The connections of Catalyst, for deciding to race the horse on Karaka Million night, thereby making a big night into a stupendous evening, and for Sir Peter, the icing on the cake, for all the racing glitterati
While Dick Karreman would have made the call, Clayton Chipperfield has done all the work and got the results, so it is Clayton who will be the man of the moment at Karaka.
I dare say, in return NZB will be covering all costs for Catalyst's Aus trip, and a free service somewhere thrown in

12 minutes ago, Hesi said:

And I posed the question on another thread, as to who would be the darling of Karaka this year(sales and gazillion night)....the answer

The connections of Catalyst, for deciding to race the horse on Karaka Million night, thereby making a big night into a stupendous evening, and for Sir Peter, the icing on the cake, for all the racing glitterati
While Dick Karreman would have made the call, Clayton Chipperfield has done all the work and got the results, so it is Clayton who will be the man of the moment at Karaka.
I dare say, in return NZB will be covering all costs for Catalyst's Aus trip, and a free service somewhere thrown in

Catalyst heads up a 9-horse field fighting for the million bucks 70k

https://loveracing.nz/RaceInfo/48588/Meeting-Overview.aspx

Edited by Maximus

12 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Catalyst heads up a 9-horse field fighting for the million bucks 70k

Catalyst not eligible for the million dollar race, more's the shame.  Would have been a great race with Probabeel.

It does however support the rationale as to why these races should not be group ones.  Catalyst would have almost certainly had a shot at the mil, if eligible....and won

4 minutes ago, Maximus said:

I may have to eat my words come Sat nite, but i already feel sorry for Aalaalune, whose last two runs have indicated she has had enough for a while but still they line her up on a firm track over 1600m ...grrrr

Your other favourite over raced horse is also in, in the Westbury Classic

yes Santa Monica, has hardly run a good race since winning the Railway a year ago. Poorly placed as much as over-raced - 13 starts since that win for 1 x  3rd placing (Darley Plate), shoulda gone to Queensland (or NSW) last winter IMO 

Edited by Maximus