The Race Place

Mike Tyson

Happy Sunrise

https://racingintegrityboard.org.nz/decisions/non-raceday-inquiry-written-decision-dated-24-may-2023-jason-teaz/

Here is the decision. Its quite comical his 4 posts he got fined $2k. He prob shouldnt of used 1 word sworn lol. That was wrong. But otherwise bar that & he was on the money. 

Says hes deeply embarassed. Shouldnt be. 

Other than fact he got pinged a couple of k its quite amusing & was understandably frustrated. Gee RIB are sensitive. Its down as a serious offence. Gee they are clearly on a different planet to me if they think thats a serious offence. 

How much $ do they get paid? Millions. What is it they are doing? Im starting to shake my head at them. I can really start to see why some dont like them & arent keen on them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 11:14 PM, Rusty said:

By posting a photo of it on here, and it gets into the wrong hands (the anti-racing brigade) and it'll be bad news all round.

Well the story has made it into the NZ Herald. 

Just yet another example of harness racing shooting itself in the foot. Happens time and time and time and time again. Bloody sick of it. It's so avoidable. Just don't be a dick! 

I thought rugby league was bad, but harness racing takes the cake unfortunately. 

• Like 1

"Animal Save New Zealand" is a group of tree hugging hippies trying to close the racing game down. 

Here is a direct quote from one of their social media platforms: 

"Horse racing is a disgrace. Join us to fight for an end to this barbaric blood sport!" 

Now... 

Can people now understand how this kind of carry on (punching horses mid race) is not the "right" thing to do? And the potential long term consequences of such actions? 

• Like 1

I still hold my view on this. Which is he shouldnt of hit with a closed fist. But taking action when the following horse was riding up his ass & he felt endangered forced him to react. 

He didnt just randomly strike out for zero reason. The picture to me doesnt look too bad. 

Be interesting what the public comments are upon after reading the whole article & his reasoning & seeing the pic. Wouldnt surprise me if they come to my view. Shouldnt of used clinched fist but understand why he took some sort of action. 

39 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

He didnt just randomly strike out for zero reason. The picture to me doesnt look too bad. 

Quite an enlightened view considering the climate we live in. If you apply this to social scenarios, I know who will be getting in trouble, regardless.

I wish harness racing sorted its act out.

21 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

If you apply this to social scenarios, I know who will be getting in trouble regardless.

If someone was touching my ass in a social scenerio that shouldnt be, they would be likely to get a slap too in the face ha.

I hear you & understand the bad percieved look & more than once or twice was not on. 

4 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

I still hold my view on this. Which is he shouldnt of hit with a closed fist. But taking action when the following horse was riding up his ass & he felt endangered forced him to react. 

Be interesting what the public comments are upon after reading the whole article & his reasoning & seeing the pic. Wouldnt surprise me if they come to my view. Shouldnt of used clinched fist but understand why he took some sort of action. 

I looked at the video, and bit of a storm in a teacup.  Looks like he is just trying to swat the horses head away with a closed fist because it was getting too close to him.  Horses are known to inflict nasty bites lol

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2023 at 12:11 AM, Hesi said:

I looked at the video, and bit of a storm in a teacup.  Looks like he is just trying to swat the horses head away with a closed fist because it was getting too close to him.  Horses are known to inflict nasty bites lol

Yes agree. What is the 1st thing a person does when another person steps into their personal space? (other than feeling uncomfortable). Ill tell ya, they automatically take a step back. What if they cant step back & the person steps in closer & isnt there to give them a kiss. Replace that human with an animal = doesnt surprise me the reaction. 

I get he got stood down etc but can completely understand why he reacted. 

42 minutes ago, Hesi said:

My neighbours horse bit his forearm, not a pretty sight, and he was as competent a man with horses as you could hope to meet

Yip, not long ago I witnessed a horse being hobbled up & it pushed the person into the wall. There were 6 of us standing in horror watching as this randomly without any warning unfolded. Happened so quick. Could of been very fatal. The person said "get out" to horse & slapped the ground with the gear in hand by horses feet as their body was being sqeeshed. Horse didnt move. Person did it again & horse moved. Had it not let go & pushed some more (squashing person against wall further & fatally), I would of done almost anything to get that horse to release & face the potential 'animal welfare' consquences later. Thank goodness it released. 

Never want a meancing horse too close for comfort. 

Edited by karrotsishere