Autumn Super Draft Comp Round 1 - Sat Mar 14 - selection thread

PWJ

6 minutes ago, Sir Castleton said:

Team subs:

Roland: Rosehill R5 – sub 8 scr with 2

Jen. Rosehill R5 – sub 9 scr with 6

Heather: Rosehill R7 - sub 2 with 7

Thanks Pete

ummm...errrr...point of order, Mr Chairman... just wondering why you have posted a replacement pick for Heather, Sir C? Unless I am gravely mistook, she aint on your team!

Did she defect? Does capn Max have to deal with Mutinous Treason before the first cannon fires?

Edited by Maximus

1. Trentham R3 - 1.25pm - Lincoln Farms NZ St Leger (LR) - $50k, 2600m, open SW+Ps - 3,5

2. Trentham R5 - 2.35pm - Wentwood Grange Cuddle Stks (Gr3) - $70k, 1600m, fillies/mares SW+Ps - 3,4

3. Trentham R6 - 3.15pm - Carfinance.co.nz Wellington Guineas (Gr2) - $100k, 1400m, 3yos SWs - 2,5

4. Trentham R7 - 3.50pm - Te Akau Racing Lightning Stks (LR) - $50k, 1200m, open hdcp - 2,3   b/b

5. Trentham R8 - 4.25pm - Al Basti Equiworld Dubai NZ Oaks (Gr1) - $400k, 2400m, 3yo fillies SWs - 13,15

6. Rosehill R5 - 5.10pm - Chandon Phar Lap Stks (Gr2) - $200k, 1500m, 3yos SWs - 2,5

7. Rosehill R6 - 5.45pm - Hyland Race Colours Ajax Stks (Gr2) - $200k, 1500m, qlty hdcp - 2,10

8. Rosehill R7 - 6.25pm - Coolmore Classic Stks (Gr1) - $600k, 1500m, qlty hdcp fillies/mares - 3,5

9. Caulfield R7 - 6.45pm - All-Star Mile - $5m, 1600m, WFA - 2,11   b/b

10. Rosehill R8 - 7.05pm - TAB Sky High Stks (Gr3) - $350k, 2000m, SW+Ps - 8,10

G L All and have a great day Sharne.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Maximus said:

ummm...errrr...point of order, Mr Chairman... just wondering why you have posted a replacement pick for Heather, Sir C? Unless I am gravely mistook, she aint on your team!

Did she defect? Does capn Max have to deal with Mutinous Treason before the first cannon fires?

Should be Pam not Heather. My bad

Good morning, folks.

Well, we've had 'Far Too Fast' and we've had 'Too Fast Again' ....  now we've stepped it up several notches with what appears to be the strongest 'Too Fast' ever ...           'Much Too Fast' ...will cast fear and trembling into other miscellaneous rabbles lining up in PJs  Autumn Super Comp. 

First up it's the optimistically named 'Tigers' stepping up for a munching. On the face of it one of the more well-credentialled of the rabbles, what with PJ & Sharne & Maurice to name  but a few of their alumni .... and for that reason we've delayed the obligatory 'rest week' for our No.1 seed and first out of the draft draw ....(drum-roll) ..... ASHOKA. There was a school of thought that having a rest week the very first week would be a somewhat misguided plan, so Ashoka is lining up today to spearhead the 'Much Too Fast' strike force. 

Rex and Craig training brilliantly and poised to jump fast from the gates for 'Much Too Fast'  in this pipe-opener for the season.  Zac is at longer odds with his form mostly having been at overseas venues and hard to match up his credentials against the local talent,. Certainly though his CV was impressive enough for him to be accepted into the comp's top team, so for that reason alone he has to be mightily respected.

Me  .... I'm going with these equine superstars today :-

• R1)       3x9                           Toms x Dance Card
  • R2)       1x6                           Yearn x Jessiegee
  • R3)       3x5                           Levante x Bella Mente
  • R4)       2x10                         Enzo's Lad x Mr Universe
  • R5)       1x2                           Jennifer Eccles x Loire                 BEST BET   NZ
  • R6)       5x6                           Probabeel x Funstar                      
  • R7)       4x5                           Cascadian x Imaging
  • R8)       5x7                           Pohutakawa x Sylvia's Mother
  • R9)       3x9                           Fierce Impact x Melody Belle
  • R10)     9x10                         Mustajeer x Master Of Wine       BEST BET AUS 

The very best of luck to you today Maurice and your fellow Tigers, as you endeavour to chase down a team predicted by many as gonna be Much Too Fast.

Thanks very much PJ for this latest PJ Super Comp. Am looking forward to it, absolutely. The best of Saturday entertainment.

Good luck, everyone.

Howie.

• Like 1

All 'Much Too Fast' except Rex are now in the starting gates.

2 hours 15 mins until start-time.

Rex fractious behind the gates .... assistants reaching for the hood and guide rope.

3 of 4 'Much Too Fast' have labelled 'Toms' in the first @ $9.50.

That would be a nice start !

Bum into gear, eh 'Toms' ...... How hard can it be ? 2600 metres ?  You'll nail this ! Craig Grylls, the maestro.

• Like 1

Good Morning all from an overcast Mwlbourne.  Bit of rain overnight but unless localised would not expect it to affect track too much. Shame that we have to excel today without the crowd cheering us on but one must do what oe must do.  Just hope I can get home again at end of month without swimming.

1/4

5/6  ****

3/4

2/3

1/2

5/6

4/6

3/5  ****

1/9

1/6

Thanks as always PJ.  Good Luck Howie. See that you have also selected my 2 BBs of the day in Jessiegee & Pohutakawa. Still enough other difference. Maybe you will still be in touch coming to the last which will be interesting.  Shame that the too slows have to start with a loss. GO THE TIGERS

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, moz1047 said:

GThanks as always PJ.  Good Luck Howie. See that you have also selected my 2 BBs of the day in Jessiegee & Pohutakawa. Still enough other difference. Maybe you will still be in touch coming to the last which will be interesting.  Shame that the too slows have to start with a loss. GO THE TIGERS

Yes, like you I have had Jessiegee & Pohutakawa in my 'black book' for some time, Maurice. Jessiegee doesn't win out of turn but goes some great races in good company. Nearly nailed it at big odds two starts back, and back at her rightful distance today looks a nice bet to me. Punters don't seem to have gone for her today ...that might cost them !  Third-up today for Pohutakawa after two promising thirds, she should be ready to put her hooves in the till. 

Good luck, Maurice.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Say No More said:

No Night's Watch for you Howie??

hehe .... not on my watch, John ............Night's Watch has for too long lost that winning feeling.

Maybe I'll plonk a couple on...just for ole time's sake ! Those that did that with Black Heart Bart a few months back were well-rewarded.

Good luck today, John.

Good Morning All and new Teamies.!! 💱 💲💲

Today we start on a quest to open the books of 'Maximillions in a brand new Comp of our illustrious

Admin P.J and to start off we have to face an unknown team of selectors calling themselves HALL OF FAME!

the only Fame they are going to be  known as is HALL of cellar dwellers!? okay teamies CANWEDOOSIT!!??

start off with a scintillating win on the '"Graveyard and Aus where lots of favoured runners have crashed in the past!?

CAUSWECAN with the help of ruffies popping up here and there!! 

R1:-  5x9

R2:- 1x5

R3:- 6x11

R4:- 7x13-BB

R5:- 3x19

R6:- 2x5

R7:- 1x2

R8:- 11x14

R9:- 11x14 

10:- 9x13 -BB -Thanks P.J!    A smidgeon o 'luck to you VC BUT not this time ...WEGOTTHIS Maxi's  LETZGOGET  ém!! :classic_ninja:

• Like 1

1. Trentham R3 -4   7 

2. Trentham R5 -  4 11 

3. Trentham R6  7 9   

4. Trentham R7 6 13 

5. Trentham R8 -  7 17 bb

6. Rosehill R5 -3 4 

7. Rosehill R6 - 1  6 

8. Rosehill R7 -8 13 bb

9. Caulfield R7 - 2 5 

10. Rosehill R8 - 2  8 

1. Trentham R3 - 3, 5
2. Trentham R5 - 6,7 BB
3. Trentham R6 - 3,4
4. Trentham R7 - 2,12
5. Trentham R8 - 1,4
6. Rosehill R5 - 5,6
7. Rosehill R6 - 4,8
8. Rosehill R7 - 5,15
9. Caulfield R7 - 1,9
10. Rosehill R8 - 4,9 BB

Tough draw first up. Don't want to see any 50-1 shots today. Not only is there's a good chance that they'll get it but with their team they're likely to have 5 Best bets on it. 😲

Good luck Jen. Go Team Y. 👍

cheers
R

PJ's Picks for The Tigers

Good luck Craig just not too much. Could be a tricky day I think. Caulfield runners will think they are at the trials !

PJ home in 14 days isolation getting cabin fever....

1. 4-5

2. 1-12

3. 3-4 BB

4. 5-13

5. 1-3

6. 5-6

7. 4-10

8. 7-9

9. 3-13 BB

10. 6-10

Go the Big Cats !

Good Afternoon  All