The Race Place

Autumn Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

2 minutes ago, TooFast said:

PJ, I believe that my Jack has Kordia best-betted, so a win will be sufficient regardless of price.
I'm thinking Kordia is the big chance for 'The James Gang', and at $2.70 on Fixed the public think so too.

Great game, great finish !

Correct, see my last post. It's my lay of the Day - haha !

• Like 2

WOW!!!!!

I have a bittersweet feeling in celebrating an amazing victory after getting my ass well and truly handed to me!

Zac you were superb and the whole MTF team can take a bow for such a thrilling afternoon.... I think my neighbours thought they heard someone getting murdered the yelling that was coming from my lounge.

To the James Gang - you are all stars and such a great bunch of guys. Truly a privilege to be a part of the team. We said right from the first round we would come with a stayers run and we did although we hit the front a tad early but fought back under a hard ride!

Finally to PJ - thank you for all of your efforts. So many here comment on this comp and others you run and they are correct in all detail. You deserve the highest praise..Hip Hip Hooray.

The Squirrel will now go and ice his nuts which may have become overheated!

Edited by Blind Squirrel
  • Like 6

GRAND FINAL - Sat June 27

Race 10 - Rosehill R9

1st - 5 Kordia W-$3.40  

2nd - 7 Ghostly Q-$22.80  

Scr: 13

3 THE JAMES GANG $1481.80

2 MUCH TOO FAST $1692.80
Kordia did the job for Jack and The James Gang in the last wresting back the win after being briefly overtaken by a gallant Much Too Fast. BBs bagged by all The James Gang bar their MVP Steve. Rex and Craig snagged beaut BB quinellas for The MTFs at the death giving them a nearly $1700 aggregate but it still wasn't enough. Zac pipped Rex for Grand Final Man of the Match honours. Both teams in profit in what was the best Grand Final I think we have ever had so a huge congratulations to the 4th seeded James Gang to make the final and then win it in the last stride. Big commiserations to Much Too Fast on an amazing effort to just miss out. Thanks to everyone for a great comp.

357.00 Hesi

217.00 Craig

174.00 Blind Squirrel

546.60 Zac

304.00 Pete

513.20 Rex

251.00 Jack

221.00 Howie

395.80 Steve P

195.00 Ashoka

• Thanks 1

Just now, PWJ said:

GRAND FINAL - Sat June 27

Race 10 - Rosehill R9

1st - 5 Kordia W-$3.40  

2nd - 7 Ghostly Q-$22.80  

Scr: 13

3 THE JAMES GANG $1481.80

2 MUCH TOO FAST $1784.00
Kordia did the job for Jack and The James Gang in the last wresting back the win after being briefly overtaken by a gallant Much Too Fast. BBs bagged by all The James Gang bar their MVP Steve. Rex and Craig snagged beaut BB quinellas for The MTFs at the death giving them a nearly $1800 aggregate but it still wasn't enough. Zac pipped Rex for Grand Final Man of the Match honours. Both teams in profit in what was the best Grand Final I think we have ever had so a huge congratulations to the 4th seeded James Gang to make the final and then win it in the last stride. Big commiserations to Much Too Fast on an amazing effort to just miss out. Thanks to everyone for a great comp.

357.00 Hesi

308.20 Craig

174.00 Blind Squirrel

546.60 Zac

304.00 Pete

513.20 Rex

251.00 Jack

221.00 Howie

395.80 Steve P

195.00 Ashoka

I'll be surprised if anyone ever has the amount of dollars scored against them I have.

• Sad 1

STATS 

Best Scores
546.60 Zac
513.20 Rex

Worst Scores 

217.00 Craig

174.00 Blind Squirrel

Most Wins
7 Hesi

6 Pete

6 Steve P

Most Quinellas
2 Zac

Biggest Winning Margin
546.60 Zac
174.00 Blind Squirrel

Narrowest Winning Margin 
251.00 Jack

221.00 Howie

Highest Losing Score
304.00 Pete

Lowest Winning Score
251.00 Jack

Magnificent game ! 👍

I though Kordia was battling there for a while, but way too good in the end.

A very big, big congratulations to Jack, Pete, Hesi, Stevie P, and Blind Squirrel ! Very worthy CHAMPIONS ..... controlled the match for much of the day, withstood a very strong late challenge from us 'MTF' and ultimately just that little bit too good. 

After being in front for most of the day 'The James Gang' were needing a hero to step up ... and long-time stalwart Jack fitted the bill perfectly. A hero , just as the Zac Attack was last Saturday for the 'MTF'. So 'The James Gang' ...fourth and final berth into the Championship Round ..... but too good for very strong opposition, first the 'Five-Oh' and finally the 'Much Too Fast'.

Stevie P played an absolute blinder today, but the whole team stood up and did sterling stuff this back end of the comp, the sharp end of the comp.

I can't have wished for a better group of "teamies" - my MTF buddies - Rex, Craig, Ashoka, Zac. After 159 races over 4 months we were just the 1 race away from wiinning this thing.
A great effort "buddies", especially the way we fought back from 1-4 deficits in both our Semi-Final and in the Final !  All my team-mates were great, but I feel inspired to give a special "shout-out' to the Zac Attack, last player into our squad of 5 but established himself as an absolute superstar. Brilliant stuff, Zac. You may even have topped 'The Magnificent Seven.'

Thanks PJ for your brilliant performance running this comp, scoring, commentating .... it was legendary stuff, and very much appreciated. Took our minds off the pandemic and lockdowns and restrictions.

Thank you to all players in the 8 teams who took part. 

It was an excellent comp ...and I believe that both 'The James Gang' and the 'Much Too Fast' did justice to an enthralling Grand Final. 👍

'Much Too Fast' ... you can stand down now. 'Mighty Blues'...here I come.  Pete will be winning back-to-back comps ! 😀

Cheers
Howie

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN
4342.80 Zac (Much Too Fast)

4088.40 Max (Maximillions)^

3987.00 Pete (The James Gang)

3929.20 Rob (Maximillions)^

3853.80 Georgy Boy (Maximillions)^

3819.60 John (Five-Oh)^
3804.40 Porky (Covid-Y)*

^ 15 matches only

THE UNFORTUNATE FIVE (those with the most $$ scored against them)

Rex (7/8-4093.80) (Much Too Fast)

Sharne (3/11-4199.60) (The Tigers)*

Midnight C (7/7-4324.40) (Hall of Fame)*

Tom (4/10-4495.80) (The Tigers)*

Pete (5/11-4925.80) (James Gang)

* 14 matches only

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hesi said:

PJ, Pete might like to go out as he came in, of highest losing score, which will happen if you adjust Craig's score, as I make it that he had 4/5 in the last

Checked it and Craig had $308.20 and Pete "only" $304

"CONGRATULATIONS TO THE JAMES GANGS"

Very worthy opponents and imho the toughest team to get by in this comp.

Just look at the numbers my OPPONENT PETE ,,,, put up through the comp,

his results defy how well he played.

To my friends and team Howie, Zac, Ashoka & Craig ..... you guys are fabulous and I have enjoyed being part of the TEAM 

Finally without over emphasising it PJ WE ARE so BLESSED having you running this and all your Competitions ,,,,,, roll on next week ..... with a new team a new challenge/

👏      👏      👏

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, VC! said:

Take a bow all 11 of you!

Cracking final!!!!!!!👍

right on, VC... high team totals, lowest individual score was relatively high (!), plenty of lead changes and not won til the last...as it should be. Well done, all! Congrats to The James Gang, peaked at the right time! Commiserations, MTF, fine contributors throughout the last 4 months.

MM

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sir Gallivant said:

I have a lady friend who i nicknamed squirrel ..... so i got a nice piece of that 😀

Please Rex, we don't want to know about your conquests on here

Anyway, what happened to Nurse Ratched

• Like 1
  • Haha 1