PWJ

Autumn Super Draft Comp Results Thread

What a sterling Grand Final finish coming up !

'The James Gang' with 5 BB pairings coming up in the last, as gthey launch a swashbuckling barnstorming finish !

Can the 'MTF' hold firm. Back from 1-4 down, but it well-and-truly ain't over yet.

Gonna be a cracker finish, folks ! 👍 

• Like 1

GRAND FINAL - Sat June 27

Race 9 - Doomben R8

1st - 5 Sure Knee W-$9.80  

2nd - 6 Krone Q-$16.00  

Scr: nil

2 THE JAMES GANG $1209.80

3 MUCH TOO FAST $1465.60
The James Gang all miss at an inconvenient time as Rex bags a BB to nail Pete and put Much Too Fast ahead for the first time today while Zac slams the Squirrel with a beaut BB quinella and Ashoka also finds the Waller winner. A great day for Snitzel to be sure and a big finish coming up.

289.00 Hesi

149.00 Craig

106.00 Blind Squirrel

546.60 Zac

236.00 Pete

354.00 Rex

183.00 Jack

221.00 Howie

395.80 Steve P

195.00 Ashoka

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, TooFast said:

You got it right with Trumbull .... PJ.'

'MTF' will be very pleased if you get it right with 'Sure Knee' as well ! 😀

You're a very astute, judge, PJ.

But then .... we always knew that. 👍

Edited by TooFast
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TooFast said:

What a sterling Grand Final finish coming up !

'The James Gang' with 5 BB pairings coming up in the last, as gthey launch a swashbuckling barnstorming finish !

Can the 'MTF' hold firm. Back from 1-4 down, but it well-and-truly ain't over yet.

Gonna be a cracker finish, folks ! 👍 

more like Custers Last stand but at the James Gang Korral! Fab finish looming

• Like 3

To win:

The James Gang need-

Prairie Fire to win for Pete and Jack (Craig will beat Hesi also) but must pay $6.00+ or Kordia complete the Q

OR

Kordia to win for Jack (must pay $3.90+ or Prairie Fire complete the Q)

Amazing Grand Final ! Both teams may well finish in profit

• Like 1

Rex, are you going okay there young fella ?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

reckon some MTF $$$ being loaded on the JMac fave here to keep the price under $3.90. There goes Howie's piggy bank!

Edited by Maximus

What a final............................unreal!

Hesi has had 6 Winners to my 3 so he deserves to beat me.

🐴

• Like 1

PJ, I believe that my Jack has Kordia best-betted, so a win will be sufficient regardless of price.
I'm thinking Kordia is the big chance for 'The James Gang', and at $2.70 on Fixed the public think so too.

Great game, great finish !

• Like 1

I have to say PJ, that the day you hang up your boots on theses comps,will be a very sad day for all those that have competed over the years.

Long may it continue.👍:classic_smile:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Note - Kordia just has to win for Jack ($2.00 divvy is enough)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TooFast said:

PJ, I believe that my Jack has Kordia best-betted, so a win will be sufficient regardless of price.
I'm thinking Kordia is the big chance for 'The James Gang', and at $2.70 on Fixed the public think so too.

Great game, great finish !

Correct, see my last post. It's my lay of the Day - haha !

• Like 2

Prairie Fire Pick of the Yard

2 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Rex, are you going okay there young fella ?

THIS IS TUFF ON A young (NOT) FELLA ...... but i am so enjoying it !!!!! 

THANKS for asking PJ😀

• Like 1

I was only cheering half heartedly because I didn't think Kordia was paying enough.

Wow!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

WOW!!!!!

I have a bittersweet feeling in celebrating an amazing victory after getting my ass well and truly handed to me!

Zac you were superb and the whole MTF team can take a bow for such a thrilling afternoon.... I think my neighbours thought they heard someone getting murdered the yelling that was coming from my lounge.

To the James Gang - you are all stars and such a great bunch of guys. Truly a privilege to be a part of the team. We said right from the first round we would come with a stayers run and we did although we hit the front a tad early but fought back under a hard ride!

Finally to PJ - thank you for all of your efforts. So many here comment on this comp and others you run and they are correct in all detail. You deserve the highest praise..Hip Hip Hooray.

The Squirrel will now go and ice his nuts which may have become overheated!

Edited by Blind Squirrel
  • Like 6

What a final...................Congratulations The James Gang.

Really enjoyed today...................Thanks team mates & Howie your a legend until next week!!

Cheers PJ your Comps are just the best.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Race 10 - Rosehill R9

1st - 5 Kordia W-$3.40  

2nd - 7 Ghostly Q-$22.80  

Scr: 13

3 THE JAMES GANG $1481.80

2 MUCH TOO FAST $1692.80
Kordia did the job for Jack and The James Gang in the last wresting back the win after being briefly overtaken by a gallant Much Too Fast. BBs bagged by all The James Gang bar their MVP Steve. Rex and Craig snagged beaut BB quinellas for The MTFs at the death giving them a nearly $1700 aggregate but it still wasn't enough. Zac pipped Rex for Grand Final Man of the Match honours. Both teams in profit in what was the best Grand Final I think we have ever had so a huge congratulations to the 4th seeded James Gang to make the final and then win it in the last stride. Big commiserations to Much Too Fast on an amazing effort to just miss out. Thanks to everyone for a great comp.

357.00 Hesi

217.00 Craig

174.00 Blind Squirrel

546.60 Zac

304.00 Pete

513.20 Rex

251.00 Jack

221.00 Howie

395.80 Steve P

195.00 Ashoka

• Thanks 1

Just now, PWJ said:

Race 10 - Rosehill R9

1st - 5 Kordia W-$3.40  

2nd - 7 Ghostly Q-$22.80  

Scr: 13

3 THE JAMES GANG $1481.80

2 MUCH TOO FAST $1784.00
Kordia did the job for Jack and The James Gang in the last wresting back the win after being briefly overtaken by a gallant Much Too Fast. BBs bagged by all The James Gang bar their MVP Steve. Rex and Craig snagged beaut BB quinellas for The MTFs at the death giving them a nearly $1800 aggregate but it still wasn't enough. Zac pipped Rex for Grand Final Man of the Match honours. Both teams in profit in what was the best Grand Final I think we have ever had so a huge congratulations to the 4th seeded James Gang to make the final and then win it in the last stride. Big commiserations to Much Too Fast on an amazing effort to just miss out. Thanks to everyone for a great comp.

357.00 Hesi

308.20 Craig

174.00 Blind Squirrel

546.60 Zac

304.00 Pete

513.20 Rex

251.00 Jack

221.00 Howie

395.80 Steve P

195.00 Ashoka

I'll be surprised if anyone ever has the amount of dollars scored against them I have.

• Sad 1

STATS 

Best Scores
546.60 Zac
513.20 Rex

Worst Scores 

217.00 Craig

174.00 Blind Squirrel

Most Wins
7 Hesi

6 Pete

6 Steve P

Most Quinellas
2 Zac

Biggest Winning Margin
546.60 Zac
174.00 Blind Squirrel

Narrowest Winning Margin 
251.00 Jack

221.00 Howie

Highest Losing Score
304.00 Pete

Lowest Winning Score
251.00 Jack

Magnificent game ! 👍

I though Kordia was battling there for a while, but way too good in the end.

A very big, big congratulations to Jack, Pete, Hesi, Stevie P, and Blind Squirrel ! Very worthy CHAMPIONS ..... controlled the match for much of the day, withstood a very strong late challenge from us 'MTF' and ultimately just that little bit too good. 

After being in front for most of the day 'The James Gang' were needing a hero to step up ... and long-time stalwart Jack fitted the bill perfectly. A hero , just as the Zac Attack was last Saturday for the 'MTF'. So 'The James Gang' ...fourth and final berth into the Championship Round ..... but too good for very strong opposition, first the 'Five-Oh' and finally the 'Much Too Fast'.

Stevie P played an absolute blinder today, but the whole team stood up and did sterling stuff this back end of the comp, the sharp end of the comp.

I can't have wished for a better group of "teamies" - my MTF buddies - Rex, Craig, Ashoka, Zac. After 159 races over 4 months we were just the 1 race away from wiinning this thing.
A great effort "buddies", especially the way we fought back from 1-4 deficits in both our Semi-Final and in the Final !  All my team-mates were great, but I feel inspired to give a special "shout-out' to the Zac Attack, last player into our squad of 5 but established himself as an absolute superstar. Brilliant stuff, Zac. You may even have topped 'The Magnificent Seven.'

Thanks PJ for your brilliant performance running this comp, scoring, commentating .... it was legendary stuff, and very much appreciated. Took our minds off the pandemic and lockdowns and restrictions.

Thank you to all players in the 8 teams who took part. 

It was an excellent comp ...and I believe that both 'The James Gang' and the 'Much Too Fast' did justice to an enthralling Grand Final. 👍

'Much Too Fast' ... you can stand down now. 'Mighty Blues'...here I come.  Pete will be winning back-to-back comps ! 😀

Cheers
Howie

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

... Cheers Howie 

Thank You Mr PJ ... Another fine competition under your guidance ... thanks to ALL those who participated throughout this competition ...

:classic_smile:

• Like 7