The Race Place

Mega Racing Quiz

Hesi

38 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Question: This week marks birthdays for two famous thoroughbreds born in different countries on the same day exactly 28 years apart. Who are they? 

What's that? You want cryptic clues, you say?? Look, I am but a poor Mustelid but these may or may not help ...

Ned 1. The office has a hidden crown.

Ned 2. A small girl in the midst of an old stargazer.

If born in April, then they must be both Northern Hemisphere horses

11 minutes ago, Sir Gallivant said:

Maximus …… am I on the right track ned 1 has something to do with secretariat ….. ned 2 something to do with galileo ?

right on both counts Sir G ...

Secretariat = office; tiara (crown) is hidden in the word

Galileo LIL means both small and a girl's name; and forms the middle letters of the stargazer Galileo

both horses born 30 March, Hesi.

MM

1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Okay here's one for you smartypants:

Name this track in the photo.

Clue:

The granddam of a stallion who has stood at Arrowfield in my time here won at this course.

mystery track.jpg

Les Landes Jersey

EE300440-ADD7-4A97-98CE-A6EA69AD284D.png

Edited by VC!

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

I'm sure all the winners at Randwick today have some interesting facts behind them. One of them has something certainly very rare. Can you pick the winner I am referring to and the quite rare fact related to it? (It's pretty easy I think).

Too easy Mardi, Nettoyer is a take out freak........pizzas and chicken schnitzels is all she eats

2 hours ago, mardigras said:

Such incredible knowledge - but not the item I was after. The item I am referring to is based on their race record.

I’m guessing it has something to do with blinkers

possibly winning without blinkers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mardigras said:

I'm sure all the winners at Randwick today have some interesting facts behind them. One of them has something certainly very rare. Can you pick the winner I am referring to and the quite rare fact related to it? (It's pretty easy I think).

28 minutes ago, VC! said:

I’m guessing it has something to do with blinkers

possibly winning without blinkers.

Ok, a further clue. The horse in question is one of only three to have achieved this feat, worldwide.

Edited by mardigras

On 4/4/2020 at 8:17 PM, mardigras said:

On 4/5/2020 at 8:55 AM, mardigras said:

Ok, a further clue. The horse in question is one of only three to have achieved this feat, worldwide.

No responses - so the answer is Raheen House. The fact around this horse (which is rare since only 3 horses have done it) is that he is one of only 3 horses to ever finish in a race in front of Enable.

Can anyone name the horse that never won a race, is retired now. Won over $200k in stakes and placed in an open handicap.

Can anyone name two horses that are still active racehorses, that have won over $500k in stakes, but have not won a race as yet.

(All horses raced in Australia)

22 minutes ago, Midnight Caller said:

Q1   I was thinking it was one of mine,until I read the 2nd sentence!

Q2  Are they 2 year olds?

1. It may have been one of yours. Not a bad horse. I can't answer that as I don't who yours may have been 🙂 Do you want another clue? And yes, the second sentence is one that means the horse was able to gain a start in an open handicap - even as a maiden.

2. Yes, both are current 2yos

Edited by mardigras

12 hours ago, mardigras said:

Can anyone name the horse that never won a race, is retired now. Won over $200k in stakes and placed in an open handicap.

Can anyone name two horses that are still active racehorses, that have won over $500k in stakes, but have not won a race as yet.

(All horses raced in Australia)

Well one of them is Stellar Pauline

• Like 1