The Race Place

Mega Racing Quiz

Hesi

12 minutes ago, Midnight Caller said:

Vaguely remember him riding in a highweight,which made me think he had at least one spin or jumps trial over the the sticks to qualify.Anyway ,I did have a laugh when I saw the Irish jocks!

One a bit easier and closer 

What are the  connections and who is the odd one  out?

C Waller, S Laxon, P Busuttin, A Jones, B Smith

All have trained in Queensland.

One born in pongo land.

Maybe one born in Zimbabwe?

16 hours ago, Hesi said:

Tremec, but I make it, that it ran 3rd 20 starts ago in the same weekend 3 years ago, but it could not have paid a dividend as there were only 6 starters?

u r so right, well spotted, lockdown fever must be getting to the Mustelid!

Supplementary question: what is even more remarkable about Tremec's performance this weekend in the context of his whole career?

Edited by Maximus

This horse has certainly gone downhill over the years.  It has won 2 G2 Chairman's Handicaps, ran 11th in a Sydney Cup, poor start to it's career, then went 211.  Has run last in so many group races.

Shades of Sir Slick or what was that other horse that Maxi mentioned several times

...you were on the right track with the G2s Hesi...Tremec won a G2 on the corresponding Saturday 7 years ago. Ran 2nd the following year (to The Offer) then won it again in 2015 ..didn't contest that race (or any other in mid-April 2016; and ran 3rd in a Hurdle at Oakank in mid-April 2017 (his most recent placing before last weekend's 3rd).

Career Record: 78-6-8-4  for over $668,000 

He's rising 12 now, Tremec ...a grandson of champion mare Horlicks

Edited by Maximus

• Hesi unpinned and unfeatured this topic