The Race Place

The Mustelid is playing requests ..

Maximus

Only appropriate that I request a Satellite Spies number in tribute to their lead singer Deane Sutherland who died on March 27.

I have related this story before, may have been on BOAY, can't recall

The sales chief and myself used to organise the Xmas function at the company I worked for many years ago.  Being the last one, as they were relocating offshore, we got in Satellite Spies.  The do was in our big cafetaria, they started setting up, and by mid avo, there was a wall of speakers and amps.  The big boss, was most concerned the windows might get blasted out of the cafe, but when they started to play it was loud but pure sound.  They wouldn't start playing till they got their $2,000 fee upfront.  Try getting 2 grand cash out of the finance honcho of a large multinational a few days before Xmas eve

Cheers

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hesi said:

Only appropriate that I request a Satellite Spies number in tribute to their lead singer Deane Sutherland who died on March 27.

I have related this story before, may have been on BOAY, can't recall

The sales chief and myself used to organise the Xmas function at the company I worked for many years ago.  Being the last one, as they were relocating offshore, we got in Satellite Spies.  The do was in our big cafetaria, they started setting up, and by mid avo, there was a wall of speakers and amps.  The big boss, was most concerned the windows might get blasted out of the cafe, but when they started to play it was loud but pure sound.  They wouldn't start playing till they got their $2,000 fee upfront.  Try getting 2 grand cash out of the finance honcho of a large multinational a few days before Xmas eve

Cheers

great story Hesi

Destiny in Motion wouldve been a global hit if in the hands of a new wave outfit from USA UK/Europe...such an under-rated song, very catchy and still great to listen to ..so, here it is, in memory of Deane Sutherland

that bloke PJ is another one who just doesn't get it ...this is a Mustelid Request Show, whereby you ask the DJ (the said Mustelid, aka Max) to play yer favourite records.. you don't play 'em yerself, otherwise it's not the Mustelid Request Show...

onwards and upwards, peeps..it's time to find some SOUL ....
here's one for my legendary Aussie pal PJ up there near Scone....sit back and relax mate with another cuppa tea and a SCONE while taking in the groovy  '60s sounds of Steve Winwood on the Hammond organ, he's only 17 years of age here with the Spencer Davis Group

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maximus said:

that bloke PJ is another one who just doesn't get it ...this is a Mustelid Request Show, whereby you ask the DJ (the said Mustelid, aka Max) to play yer favourite records.. you don't play 'em yerself, otherwise it's not the Mustelid Request Show...

onwards and upwards, peeps..it's time to find some SOUL ....
here's one for my legendary Aussie pal PJ up there near Scone....sit back and relax mate with another cuppa tea and a SCONE while taking in the groovy  '60s sounds of Steve Winwood on the Hammond organ, he's only 17 years of age here with the Spencer Davis Group

Wicked!  Loving this.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Freda said:

Knopfler .

Who remembers the early 80's, when Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits were kings of the stage...from the album Making Movies, here's Mark and the boys with the classic love ballad about Mark's love affair with Holly Beth Vincent (Holly and The Italians)

Edited by Maximus

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

Who remembers the early 80's, when Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits were kings of the stage...from the album Making Movies, here's Mark and the boys with the classic love ballad about Mark's love affair with Holly Beth Vincent (Holly and The Italians)

Went to see them in Christchurch back in the day.

4 minutes ago, curious said:

Booked to see old Rod at the Mission in November. Reckon there's any chance of that being a goer?

Probably more chance of you singing better. 

I saw Dire Straits at Athletic Park. Brilliant.

Also saw Kiss there as well, and probably why Im still hard of hearing today. F---ing deafening.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Okay Max - try this request:

THE REAL THING - Russell Morris (the long version please)

saw him live in a pub in Sydney a couple of years ago and sounded as good as ever over 40 years later !

Fantastic song PJ. I think he did another song called 'Rachel's Coming Home.

54 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

I saw Dire Straits at Athletic Park. Brilliant.

Also saw Kiss there as well, and probably why Im still hard of hearing today. F---ing deafening.

Yip I was at both of those

29th March 1983 Dire Straits, I think Kiss were at Newtown Park

• Like 2

Actually, i have had a more deafening experience than Kiss, who,s sound system was from memory stories high.  A few years ago The Datsuns visited Masterton. We had ( shut down now) a " small "live studio in town where various bands played when visiting and patrons stood shoulder to shoulder to listen and groove on down, as chairs were almost non existent.  While I like the Datsuns, it was not the ideal place to listen as they thrashed it out at max decibels. Deafening would be an understatement..

3 hours ago, PWJ said:

Okay Max - try this request:

THE REAL THING - Russell Morris (the long version please)

saw him live in a pub in Sydney a couple of years ago and sounded as good as ever over 40 years later !

because you asked for it!!