The Race Place

The Mustelid is playing requests ..

Maximus

On 5/6/2020 at 9:04 PM, Maximus said:

this one's for my  pals in Lockdown London ..remembering the heady days of electro-pop from 1979/80 when suave Steve Gilpin led the way with songs like Computer Games and People

You missed their best song Maxi. I request Blue Day.

I've been learning it on guitar and am playing it at a birthday party today.

Great song.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

Freda,

Bob Seger had a hit with a song called "Turn The Page" (a great song, in my opinion). Did Pink Floyd have a song of the same name or do you mean "On The Turning Away"?

"Red Balloon", "Big Ship" and "Rachel" were all written by Raymond Froggatt. "Rachel" has been one of my favourite songs ever since I first heard it around fifty years ago. In my mind, it is linked to songs like Harvey Andrews' "Hey Sandy" and the Eric Burdon And The Animals classic "Sky Pilot"...so-called "protest songs" that I liked on first hearing and still like and appreciate today.

Yes,  you're right,  I must have had Pink Floyd's number in my mind...great song too, but love Turn the Page.

We used to listen to Eric Burdon in the sixth form common room...sigh..those were the days..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...