The Race Place

Calendar

curious

Also

I understand, reading another site, that it is claimed that Avondale are the culprits, in refusing to enter into any negotiations with Ellerslie or Counties

There are no public facilities at Cambridge, nor will there be.  Messara Report says Cambridge will be sold 26/27, along with Waipa and Te Rapa, to fund the new Greenfields project at 80-90 mil

Bearing in mind, that flash facilities are only used on the big days, surely the need to develop a model whereby facilities are used for many things, 365 days.  As i said somewhere else, sell all 3 Auckland facilities and start again with 750 mil in your pocket

What happens with the big metro courses in Aus Mardi.  Surely they don't sit vacant

They are not following the Messara report. E.g. Te Teko was not on his close list, nor was Gisborne. Motukarara and Timaru were supposed eto close AFTER the AWT was build and deployed at Riccarton etc. It said this about Blenheim, not to close it and how are the issues raised there being addressed:

Blenheim– Venue with 2 race meetings in 2017/2018. Fair location. Notraining. Below average infrastructure. Used for inter-island horseaccommodation. Closing would deny the Marlborough region a racing venueand there is no nearby alternative. Requires upgrading of racing and facilitiesinfrastructure. Freehold 50%.

Edited by curious

48 minutes ago, curious said:

They are not following the Messara report. E.g. Te Teko was not on his close list, nor was Gisborne. Motukarara and Timaru were supposed eto close AFTER the AWT was build and deployed at Riccarton etc. It said this about Blenheim, not to close it and how are the issues raised there being addressed:

Blenheim– Venue with 2 race meetings in 2017/2018. Fair location. Notraining. Below average infrastructure. Used for inter-island horseaccommodation. Closing would deny the Marlborough region a racing venueand there is no nearby alternative. Requires upgrading of racing and facilitiesinfrastructure. Freehold 50%.

One of the reasons de Lore is so scathing in his latest piece

Many times I have heard John Messara himself say, if New Zealand does not adopt recommendation seven, then you may as well bin the other 16 because seven is pivotal. Number seven says, “Begin negotiations for the outsourcing of the TAB’s commercial activities to be an international wagering operator to gain the significant advantages of scale.”

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hesi said:

One of the reasons de Lore is so scathing in his latest piece

Many times I have heard John Messara himself say, if New Zealand does not adopt recommendation seven, then you may as well bin the other 16 because seven is pivotal. Number seven says, “Begin negotiations for the outsourcing of the TAB’s commercial activities to be an international wagering operator to gain the significant advantages of scale.”

With each passing week, the leverage in those negotiations is dwindling.

• Like 1

Yes. There's no point implementing the plan selectively or discarding the key principles behind it. Another key as pect of the venue plan is to rebuild the key tracks at Awapuni and Ellerslie. Where is that at? Avondale may be key in allowing that to happen for example. As to the outsourcing, I like Mardi's plan of retaining the tote  business and licensing out the FOB and exchange business with a restriction on tote derivative products. Shouldn't be too hard to deploy and it mitigates most of the risk they now have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mardigras said:

With each passing week, the leverage in those negotiations is dwindling.

It's obviously been more than dwindling since RITA issued their informal 3 month financial report which I assume is why we haven't seen a 6 month or for that matter now a 9 month one only to find out last week that they were on the brink of default.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I think that is a very quick and easy solution to the betting side of things. Remain the sole provider of tote allowed within NZ. 

Maybe not easy because it means ditching the investment in the new FOB platform and from the gist of what McKenzie said a while back I think that is why they have shelved it. I still think they would be a whole lot better off to do so though.