The Race Place

Bye Bye Simon

Maximus

To little, to late for National. It will be a quantum leap to see them winning this next election.The new kid on the block even congratulated Jacinda on her handling of the pandemic. Most unusual, and to top it off gave an indication they might look at working with the Greens or would at least look at it. Interesting times again.

Why, Jacinda took over only 6 weeks before the last election and got Labour from 22% to 39%

I can see one potential new problem now

Muller is a conservative strongly governed by his Catholic faith, Kaye is a liberal, therefore issues on abortion, drug reform and euthanasia are not going to be easy, especially if the party becomes and already is a blend of conservatives and liberals

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hesi said:

Why, Jacinda took over only 6 weeks before the last election and got Labour from 22% to 39%

I can see one potential new problem now

Muller is a conservative strongly governed by his Catholic faith, Kaye is a liberal, therefore issues on abortion, drug reform and euthanasia are not going to be easy, especially if the party becomes and already is a blend of conservatives and liberals

As he said on TV3 this morning he doesn't tick all the boxes to be a perfect Catholic.

Also said that he does not push his abortion views on others and he is relaxed about same sex marriage so i don't think his faith will play much of a part in his political career.

52 minutes ago, ngakonui grass said:

Also said that he does not push his abortion views on others and he is relaxed about same sex marriage so i don't think his faith will play much of a part in his political career.

Frankly, with those views his "faith" doesnt play a part in his personal career either, so Kaye may find it easier to bring  our social values even lower than they are. Good by absolutes, hello Rome.

4 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

As he said on TV3 this morning he doesn't tick all the boxes to be a perfect Catholic.

So he's not like that Folau joker

Muller is going to have to get his game sorted out, I note he was attacking the quality of most of the Labour cabinet.

We don't want that, we first and foremost want to know about the Nats plans for resurrecting the economy, followed by an all out attack on Labour's economic recovery plans.

In case you hadn't noticed Todd, the Nat's talent department, when it comes to business and economics, is hardly a cupboard full of riches