The Race Place

National Championships Winter Super Comp

PWJ

18 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks Off said:

How are we rank outsiders when we are the champs?

PJ Jacks unable to Captain the Chiefs, so happy to take the reigns unless someone else in the Chiefs would like the honour 

Cheers

PS 

I think every team will be aiming for the poison chalice in this one😝

Thanks Stevie. You are the Chief CHIEF

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks Off said:

How are we rank outsiders when we are the champs?

PJ Jacks unable to Captain the Chiefs, so happy to take the reigns unless someone else in the Chiefs would like the honour 

Cheers

PS 

I think every team will be aiming for the poison chalice in this one😝

Tactics, the maestro put it together, but it wont make any difference

Pete has done a sterling job captaining the 'Mighty Blues' in the past, and having captained 'The James Gang' to a thrilling Championship Final victory last Saturday my vote for Captaincy again this time around would go to Pete.
However Pete has indicated in a recent post his preference for me to lead the 'Blues' this time ...and I'm happy to step up to that role for another magnificent PJ Comp.
Happy to put my name in the frame.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

well-bred filly Impetus looks to clear maiden ranks today at Ballarat in race 2. The Hayes/Dabernig stable tell us she is ready to go. Currently $2.70

Lot of early money for debutant Wilsdorf so act with caution.

Impetus is by our own Written Tycoon out of the stakeswinning Fastnet Rock mare Gybe, a half-sister to top NZ 2yo Anabandana.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, PWJ said:

well-bred filly Impetus looks to clear maiden ranks today at Ballarat in race 2. The Hayes/Dabernig stable tell us she is ready to go. Currently $2.70

Lot of early money for debutant Wilsdorf so act with caution.

Impetus is by our own Written Tycoon out of the stakeswinning Fastnet Rock mare Gybe, a half-sister to top NZ 2yo Anabandana.

Just got home and checked how PJ's tip got on.
Well of course ..... it won ! 
Great stuff, PJ ..... lengthened out a bit and on NZ tote paid $3.60/$1.60.
Nice ! 👍

• Thanks 1

1st proclamation from the throne, as 'Mighty Blues' Captain.
I can guarantee 100% we won't be playing the Joker against either the Ferdies or the Hurricanes.
Would be very, very suprised if we played the Joker first-up, against the Crusaders. What with two "MTF" stalwarts in therir ranks, Craig and Rex, there are surely more obvious Joker-play targets elsewhere.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Pray tell where ??

Loose lips sink ships, and all that, but hey I'll have a crack.
Have to run this past the 'Mighty Blues' caucus .... but safe to say the 'Turbos' and the 'Barbarians' are on my radar !  🙂
I see that Ian in his very astute analysis ranks those two teams 5th and 6th respectively.
What is certain is that with 7 matches only an ill-conceived and/or luckless Joker play will spell curtains for any team making such a Joker play.

4 hours ago, TooFast said:

1st proclamation from the throne, as 'Mighty Blues' Captain.
I can guarantee 100% we won't be playing the Joker against either the Ferdies or the Hurricanes.
Would be very, very suprised if we played the Joker first-up, against the Crusaders. What with two "MTF" stalwarts in therir ranks, Craig and Rex, there are surely more obvious Joker-play targets elsewhere.

pick me pick me

3 hours ago, TooFast said:

Have to run this past the 'Mighty Blues' caucus .... but safe to say the 'Turbos' and the 'Barbarians' are on my radar !  🙂
I see that Ian in his very astute analysis ranks those two teams 5th and 6th respectively.
What is certain is that with 7 matches only an ill-conceived and/or luckless Joker play will spell curtains for any team making such a Joker play.

You,r on my radar Howie, but unfortunately this time no commentarys from me as our esteemed colleague Ray can put the boot in for the Turbos as Captain. 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, TooFast said:

Have to run this past the 'Mighty Blues' caucus

Hope you're not gettin' afflicted by the HairyCanes strain of the Conflab-virus, Howie ... didn't do their close rellies the Five-Ohs any good ...

MM 

41 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Hope you're not gettin' afflicted by the HairyCanes strain of the Conflab-virus, Howie ... didn't do their close rellies the Five-Ohs any good ...

MM 

Hate to spoil a good story Max but James Gang contracted a bit of Conflabvirus and look where it got us.

Just saying.

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

MM 

I guess every Captain and every team has its own 'modus operandi' ....that's all art of the fun, the testing of strategies.
I have to say I've never seen any team's strategy that has raised my eyebrows in a  negative way.

As a Captain over the years I've historically alwys gone to team-members  for their input on a Joker target that I've alighted upon.
Not so much democracy in action, more a case that if the whole thing falls flat I get to share the blame ! 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Say No More said:

Seems quite catchy this virus - must be quite a potent strain.

I hope none of Maxi's Kats have caught it while they were off on draft duty - heaven forbid they discover a world where team-mates chat to each other!?

Might have to impose some lockdown measures Maxi.

too late, SNM, the Kats are already out of the bag! 

Edited by Maximus

• PWJ unpinned this topic