The Race Place

Autumn Super Draft Comp Semi-Finals Sat June 20 selection thread

PWJ

1 minute ago, PWJ said:

Bad luck max. Bit of a casual ride I thought but came home like a train just too late. Wins at 2000m next time so put it in the black book

I was worried before the corner and more worried half way down the straight!

Thanks for the Form Guide for the morrow.I'm refusing to read it in case I end up blaming you for my losing picks. Shame about Rand R1 down to 6 already. wanna change it?

• Haha 1

"Probably Tisani Tomso who has paid a divvy every time he's hit the bog but is currently almost friendless at $31. You just need to have the attitude like his sire and get the passage like his dam" 😄😁

Some mindless trivia here but Tisani Tomso comes from a great old NZ family. His 5th dam was the Gold Nib mare Sherry Party who had 3 notable siblings - one won a Queensland Derby and Brisbane Cup; another won a Wellington Steeplechase; and the 3rd (by the sire of Sweet Nymph and Sweet Spray) ran 3rd in the AJC Sires' Produce and was later a cheap stallion at Hautapu, Cambridge standing for 50 guineas and sired the good open handicapper Papahu (who I saw win a Stratford Cup when I as a kid) plus two good jumpers who each won the McGregor Grant Steeplechase at Ellerslie. Can you name the 3 siblings to Tisani Tomso's 5th dam and the two McGregor Grant winners by sibling No. 3 ???

31 minutes ago, Maximus said:

MUSTELID MUSING #202

Max is struggling as usual to feel confident about selections for PJ's Super Duper Comp. Big fields, wet tracks. Which begs a question worth asking re the Big Day Out tomorrow ...

Q: Of the 20 players not in the Semis, who would you want making selections for you?

Max would choose Porky

Ray

• Like 1

Good morning, folks.

Semi-Finals Day ....and a big challenge ahead for us 'Much Too Fast' in our 'must-win' clash with an imposing 'Maximillions' line-up that went within a nostril of taking out the Minor Premiership. 

We go in as definite 'under-dogs' today, with our 0-2 record against the 'Maximllions' indicating that we are well-and-truly up against it, but the form book can be turned on its head when it comes to 'knock-out'. With a very canny bunch of selectors in our MTF ranks it is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that we can pull off an upset here.

Myself, up against the formidable "Wuffie King" Rob who has a vastly superior record to mine this comp, the challenge for me is a big one. Rob had a quiet day last Saturday but as we all know that is when the longshot maestros are at their most dangerous, coming in off a miss. So I'd have to say I'm cautiously optimistic at best. 

I'm gonna go with these today :-

R1) 3x5
R2) 3x6         Best Bet 1
R3) 3x5
R4) 9x12
R5) 1x3         Best Bet 2
R6) 3x8
R7) 4x7
R8) 10x13
R9) 3x17
R10) 12x16

The very best of luck today to my brilliant "teamies" Zac, Rex, Craig and Ashoka. Let's keep those winners flowing, guys.
Good luck also to Rob, Maxi, and all the Maximillions. An exciting contest looks in store.

Wishing good luck also to the 'Five-Oh' and 'The James Gang' today. Gonna be  a sterling battle here. I'm picking 'The James Gang' by a nostril. Presenting themselves out of the pack at just the right tiime.

Thanks very much for this fine comp, PJ. It's been brilliant, as your comps always are. Cheers.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, VvD said:

The post seemed pretty self explanatory.  Of the 20 players who didn't make the play-offs there was one Hurricane team member and at least two Kats. You said you'd want Porky (a Hurricane) making your selections for you and John made a joke about how Sharne and Jen might feel about that.  A bit too subtle perhaps?

ps. looks like Fenech (the horse) was named after Jeff (the boxer)

https://www.justhorseracing.com.au/general-news/betting/knockout-omen-quinella-bet-for-punters/613233

Thanks for that fulsome explanation, VvD. As you know, Max comes from the
Thickastwoplanks branch of the Mustelid family. Didn't realise the Porkypine is a HairyCane as well. We'll get him in to the Animal Kingdom one day. Best wishes for the big day ahead.

MM

PS: Regarding the joke being too subtle, perhaps?
I don't see why my (past and future) Kats team-mates Sharne/Jen would be upset about Max selecting Porky for today's picks, given his outstanding current form for Covid-Y, which has precisely nothing to do with the HairyCanes (past or future).

Edited by Maximus

Morning teamies and all!!

its another scintillating H2H match with a desperate 'underdog match up.the Mighty Maxi's

versus a Much too Fast mob !!? CANWEDOOSIT!!?

across three meeting spread on soft heavy and possibly boggy tracks expect sparks will fly or

splutter and dash the hopes of all !! CAUSWECAN!!

i will try to uplift the Maxi's hopes and make Kapitaine Max proud or shiver with trepidation!!

r1=-4x5

r2=-6x8

r3=-8x14

r4=-5x6

r5=-1x5

r6=-6x8

r7=-5x6

r8=-9x13-BB

r9=-6x10

10=-2x15-BB Thanks P.j!  a little luck to you Howie But WEGOTTHIS !! so don't forget to mention to your teammates

not to BUST a Gasket !! 'The Maxi'  RULE!!??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Race 1  # 3,4
Race 2  # 2,5                
Race 3  # 1,5          
Race 4  # 2,8
Race 5  # 5,11                                         
Race 6  # 1,6           
Race 7  # 3,4 
Race 8  # 2,8
Race 9  # 6,11      b/b
Race 10  # 13,16      b/b    

Heather, good luck to you and all fellow Player's.  Have a Great  Semi  Finals  Day Everyone.

PJ , thank you as always.
  • Like 3

Hi All

Good Luck to all semi final teams ...... Big special thanks to my teamies Captain Howie, Music Man Craig, Flying Zac and Never A Shocker ASHOKA 😀

So to the most diffulcult selections for todays semi final up against a tuff opponent in Georgy Boy who will either destroy me like last time $700 + last time we met or it will be a close run thing. Hope its the latter !!!!! 

R 1     #    3   -   5

R 2     #    2   -   9

R 3     #    2   -   6

R 4     #    2   -   12

R 5     #    5   -   7

R 6     #    3   -   10  BB

R 7     #    7   -   8

R 8     #    1   -   3

R 9     #    5   -   16

R 10   #    8   -   16  BB

A Special Thanks to PJ For his excellent fun comps, great comment pieces, looking forward to watching things unfold !!

Good Luck TEAM MTF and Good Luck team Maxi's and Georgy Boy

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, brown fox said:

An awful lot on Royal Witness in the last🙈

Fair to say, Graeme, a Royal Witness win in the last will see the 'Much Too Fast' dancing in the streets (figuratively speaking) !
Covered the world two starts back, and only just went under.

Zac - Best Bet
Craig - Best Bet
Rex - Best Bet
Howie - selected, but not BB
Ashoka - still to post, but possibly Royal Witness BB 🙂 

A reasonably open race ....but it looks like MTF have nailed this ! .... and onto the Grand Final next Saturday.
What could possibly go wrong ?  😊

Edited by TooFast
  • Like 1

Some interesting big bets in comp races today:

Flemington 2 11 Trodaire $2,750/$2,800 e/w at $81/$18
Flemington 4 11 Knock Knock $2,000 at $13
Flemington 8 13 Cadogan $2,000 at $61
Flemington 2 12 South Parade $2,500 at $7.50
Flemington 2 12 South Parade $3,000 at $6.50
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sir Gallivant said:

Hi All

Good Luck to all semi final teams ...... Big special thanks to my teamies Captain Howie, Music Man Craig, Flying Zac and Never A Shocker ASHOKA 😀

So to the most diffulcult selections for todays semi final up against a tuff opponent in Georgy Boy who will either destroy me like last time $700 + last time we met or it will be a close run thing. Hope its the latter !!!!! 

R 1     #    3   -   5

R 2     #    2   -   9

R 3     #    2   -   6

R 4     #    2   -   12

R 5     #    5   -   7

R 6     #    3   -   10  BB

R 7     #    7   -   8

R 8     #    1   -   3

R 9     #    5   -   16

R 10   #    8   -   16  BB

A Special Thanks to PJ For his excellent fun comps, great comment pieces, looking forward to watching things unfold !!

Good Luck TEAM MTF and Good Luck team Maxi's and Georgy Boy

Sir G, you and Georgy Boy have only 5 picks the same ...should be a great H2H, mate Enjoy the day!

MM

• Like 2