The Race Place

racefield fees

mardigras

Elsewhere, I saw a discussion on racefield fees. curious, I think you mentioned you thought they would have gone up over the lockdown period. 

Are you referring to racefield fees or POC charges if they were in? Or have I read that wrong?

While we were not running racing, the racefield fees inwards would have reduced to zero, and the racefield fees outward probably went up (as NZ betting on NZ TAB was on off-shore events where we likely pay a fee).

If POC charges were in, then NZers betting through off-shore providers would have attracted a fee. That fee (if it existed) may have risen as the attraction of the NZ TAB betting platform is becoming increasing exposed - not necessarily a lockdown thig however, but more punters may be shifting their betting to other providers.

No. I wasn't referring to the PoC tax which is not in effect yet. I was referring  to the differential between incoming and outgoing racefield fees which was the question that the Chief had raised. I didn't state that very clearly but I think the Chief clarified, as you have, in a subsequent post.

9 minutes ago, curious said:

No. I wasn't referring to the PoC tax which is not in effect yet. I was referring  to the differential between incoming and outgoing racefield fees which was the question that the Chief had raised. I didn't state that very clearly but I think the Chief clarified, as you have, in a subsequent post.

Ok, I had read it as revenue from racefield fees going up - when the net of them, would be down. I ignore nearly all of what the chief writes. Cheers