The Race Place

Riccarton

brown fox

Would be interested to see your ratings for Riccarton Mardi.

If I have read and interpreted correctly, you place a strong emphasis on assessing how good the horse actually is, without all the other factors like draw, blinkers etc etc

Therefore the fact that all of the horse are coming in with a minimum of a 3 month plus break, should not have a weighting

28 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Would be interested to see your ratings for Riccarton Mardi.

If I have read and interpreted correctly, you place a strong emphasis on assessing how good the horse actually is, without all the other factors like draw, blinkers etc etc

Therefore the fact that all of the horse are coming in with a minimum of a 3 month plus break, should not have a weighting

I'll put up my assessment for every race tomorrow Hesi. I do consider suitability - which will be a factor tomorrow - but we'll see how they go

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, barryb said:

Please can you help me see it then Craig, can you list all the election promises below that they have delivered on thanks.

Here are a few to help you.

Kiwibuild

Lower Poverty

Clean Rivers

Auckland light Rail

Taxation

education

Health

Immigration

Maori

The answer to that wouldn't have anything to do with the 9 point shift in the polls would it? Early days all the same.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, barryb said:

Please can you help me see it then Craig, can you list all the election promises below that they have delivered on thanks.

Here are a few to help you.

Kiwibuild

Lower Poverty

Clean Rivers

Auckland light Rail

Taxation

education

Health

Immigration

Maori

You left out Pike River.

3 minutes ago, Freda said:

You left out Pike River.

Shit.  Must make sure I'm properly awake before I play with the phone.

As far as Riccarton is concerned -  it's cold and wet and will be a marathon day.

The CJC track manager has been advertising for casual staff to help put the track back a couple of days next week.  Good luck with that,  Chappy.

• Haha 1

I said I'd put up my assessments. Unlikely to be easy today. Races with first starters are generally avoided by me. I don't price first starters. Red is where I see best value if any. First half below. Last 5 soon.

image.png.ae94c878b50a0fcf73607b26d556d600.png

No market R2 – full of first starters. Best of exposed runner value – #4 Bella Eve NZTAB $23

image.png.35384a2e8622826ef3c462c1152a3c34.png

image.png.391bf92158db14e76d3e752e7c6ba3f2.png

image.png.be5cde0f449490d0772225ff6df448e8.png

image.png

Edited by mardigras
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hesi said:

Who named the horse?

If you were going for womens names, thought you might have gone for Jacinda

Congrats anyway

Not that I'd normally admit this, but I've seen Celine live at Caesars Palace Vegas. So nothing wrong with the name - especially when they win!

I've been listening/watching Trackside. Something I don't usually do. 

WTF! No wonder NZ racing/NZ TAB is rapidly losing interest. If you have to listen to the likes of Aidan Rodley and Poppelwell dribbling incessantly. Doing some quaddie preview I think it was. It would put me off punting. They can't seriously think that helps attract people to NZ racing.

12 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I've been listening/watching Trackside. Something I don't usually do. 

WTF! No wonder NZ racing/NZ TAB is rapidly losing interest. If you have to listen to the likes of Aidan Rodley and Poppelwell dribbling incessantly. Doing some quaddie preview I think it was. It would put me off punting. They can't seriously think that helps attract people to NZ racing.

I haven't turned it on in yonks but I thought they were getting rid of those idiots?

59 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Not that I'd normally admit this, but I've seen Celine live at Caesars Palace Vegas. So nothing wrong with the name - especially when they win!

Top effort labelling her as the value bet in the race as well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, curious said:

Top effort labelling her as the value bet in the race as well.

Thanks for the kind words, a very genuine little mare, wasn't sure if she'd handle the horrible ground but Battle Paint / Montjeu had to be a help I guess.

Always a thrill to get a result for some very supportive, decent people.

And Tina Comignaghi just rides her so well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Freda said:

Thanks for the kind words, a very genuine little mare, wasn't sure if she'd handle the horrible ground but Battle Paint / Montjeu had to be a help I guess.

Always a thrill to get a result for some very supportive, decent people.

And Tina Comignaghi just rides her so well.

Looked to be going well to me on the turn, she just needed to find a way through. Nice and patient I thought. Well done to you and the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, curious said:
R1 Last Letter #5 18.00
R3 Just A Girl #7 13.00
R4 Darci Mac #1 9.00
R5 Highland Lady #7 4.60
R6 Tryfan #1 7.50
R7 Irish Excuse #1 21.00
R8 Smiling Assassin  #6 26.00
R9 Tomm Jones #1 31.00
R11 Tai Ho #12 111.00