PJ's Spring Draft Comp, now taking expressions of interest IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET EVEN 3-4 NEW PLAYERS
Sign in to follow this  
Say No More

Lay Of The Day results thread

Posted (edited)

Part way through Round 1 - 11 of the 33 entries have run, with two winners so far - Pete and Leroy.  Geoff and Richie leading with a nice 40 point haul from Frosty Rocks.

image.png.dcbb3743021a1acf3e7da92bbb9d2129.png

Edited by Say No More

Posted (edited)

Round 1 results:

13 out of 33 entrants lose 40 points and a life in Round 1, including a number of grand finalists in PJ's Super Comp - clearly focused on tipping winners today.  Each of the winners that were selected today won quite impressively - I guess if you're going to lose a life you might as well do it in style.

Geoff and Richie top the table after the first week, but not a lot separating those in the black. See you all next week.

image.png.233144beada4d69fe57c02031f1949e9.png

Edited by Say No More
  • Like 2

Harbour Views with the joker, was the play today, yet no one did....100 points and a big lead gone begging

Thanks for the prompt Hesi - you made me realise that Harbour Views was Best Bet and I had incorrectly assigned Alfa Ora to Gee (whose pick was scratched).

Now corrected - Gee earns no points but doesn't lose a life.

Posted (edited)

Round 2 results:

6 entrants were eliminated today - farewell to Ian, Steve P,  Roland, Graeme, Maximus and Maurice (welcome & farewell on the same day) - a good game's a quick game.   A further 6 entrants lost their first life.  Four players didn't post but were spared the loss of a life when best bet Garibaldi was beaten.

Geoff assumes the outright lead with a nice 38 point haul from Travest, while Stevie's Joker play on Mr (not so) Dependable earned him a whopping 105 points to rocket from the cellar up in to second place.  Rob rounds out the top three after a nice Joker play on Solar Star.

Hesi another with a very nice Joker haul to climb into the top 10.

image.png.e7c68b517effa7b43d187b4969f79612.png

Edited by Say No More
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Say No More said:

Round 2 results:

6 entrants were eliminated today - farewell to Ian, Steve P,  Roland, Graeme, Maximus and Maurice (welcome & farewell on the same day) - a good game's a quick game.   A further 6 entrants lost their first life.  Four players didn't post but were spared the loss of a life when best bet Garibaldi was beaten.

Geoff assumes the outright lead with a nice 38 point haul from Travest, while Stevie's Joker play on Mr (not so) Dependable earned him a whopping 105 points to rocket from the cellar up in to second place.  Rob rounds out the top three after a nice Joker play on Solar Star.

image.png.e7c68b517effa7b43d187b4969f79612.png

I thought my dragging myself out of the cellar to 10th, with a nice 76.92 was worth a mention:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Hi John

Sorry but what does Joker mean?

Hi Craig,

You get one Joker to use in any round you want - it doubles your score but also doubles your penalty.

It's optional so you don't have to use your Joker if you don't want to.

Cheers

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I thought my dragging myself out of the cellar to 10th, with a nice 76.92 was worth a mention:classic_rolleyes:

You're right - I've edited the post.  I was going to mention my consistency in picking two straight $4.00 losers, but thought I'd wait to see if I could do it three times running.

Sorry I forgot to post, John .....so wrapped up with getting my picks in for the Interprovincial Comp the lay-of-the day comp went clean out of my mind.

My bad. 😞

I did too.

Just blame "TooFast" and call it a day.

Thanks.

• Haha 1

I am going to have to put in study for this week. Up to now it has been about 10 seconds on each day. 
I check there is a Sydney meeting, find the shortest priced favourite, and go join the queue to collect points.
Now with no Sydney meeting next up.... hmmmm better do some thinking. ( or ask Howie what he is taking as BB in PJ’s comp).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hesi said:

Pat on the back Hesi. So much for a 70 point lead😊

Hmmmm helps if one remembers to post ! Garibaldi saves my bacon.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, PWJ said:

Hmmmm helps if one remembers to post ! Garibaldi saves my bacon.... 

Same here,ended up with visitors who overstayed their welcome .Luckily I had already posted for Trans Tasman comp

Round 3 results

Some good scoring today with only 5 entrants picking a winner, including previous leader Geoff.  Pete and PJ have been eliminated.

Dino assumes the lead with a very nice Joker play on Soxagon, while Stevie has also broken the 100 point mark thanks to Soxagon and despite losing a life with Soxagon in week 1 - if at first you don't succeed ......  Several players lurking not far off the lead with two lives and a Joker in hand.

image.png.dafd1771541e3e6edddb1d6e11b63fab.png

• Like 1

Round 4 results

Another pretty good scoring day today.  We lost Blind Squirrel and TC while another three lost their first life.

Stevie and Dino swap places at the top of the table, but there are a whole bunch in hot pursuit.

image.png.2dc023a6f40788551bc940f90c1af4fc.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

John. I played my Joker today. Have a look at my post. Cheers Rees

So you did Rees - apologies my oversight.

I have corrected that and it will be reflected in next week's tally.   You are up to 107.56 points (and 7th place). Nice Joker play!

Just now, Say No More said:

So you did Rees - apologies my oversight.

I have corrected that and it will be reflected in next week's tally.   You are up to 107.56 points (and 7th place). Nice Joker play!

Thanks John.

At the halfway mark:

An eventful day today.  We lost three more entrants - Rees, Donkeyrides and yours truly (I guess the kid's bubble isn't bursting just yet).

Three others lost their first life, including Ashoka courtesy of a Best Bet and some strong principles.

A big day for Virgil who won his Super Comp match against his good friend Max, and picked his second odds on beaten favourite in a row to strike the lead at the halfway mark in this comp.  Dino, Jen and Stevie N also passed the 150 point mark.

Two Doomben races abandoned which is unfortunate for Craig and rob but they live to fight another day.

image.png.a7f8bc030e758cd762f1f7189e62785e.png

• Like 1

I think I played my Joker yesterday John.
Which is a shame as the poor horse that got in Bowman's way had gone from $2s when I took it to $7s by tote close.