The Race Place

Friday Trivia

PWJ

14 hours ago, Hesi said:

Thanks PJ

I can feel the hand wringing already from the CD

Grey Way a champ, Fury's Order a champ, but was Copper Belt.  Anyone got his record

Back in those days Alan there were no official ratings other than the Free Handicaps for 2yos & 3yos but I'm sure if there had been Copper Belt would have been one. He was in my eyes anyway !

3 minutes ago, ngakonui grass said:

Would the stallion be EMPHASTAN and the mares family tied up with the Coober Queen family?

That's a good guess NG but not correct. I remember Emphastan standing at the Curtis's Fairway Stud at Mountain Road, Inglewood. Fairway prince, a handy jumper, is the only one I can remember by him.

47 minutes ago, ngakonui grass said:

Cassidy?

Cassidy is correct ! An unraced son of Pakistan II and a half-brother to Sabaean colt Burgos who won the NZ Derby and later crossed the ditch to annex the Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Randwick. I can't recall where Cassidy stood but I do know he was nearly 20 years old when he was "banished" to WA where he got a Winterbottom Stakes victor and a Kalgoorlie Gold Cup winner.

2 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

Peter Frost? dam Metuenda

Metuenda it was ! Well one NG ! I remember her well. Almost jet black mare and always immaculately turned out. Won the Gloaming Stakes at Trentham beating Garfield and Willem Barendsz and placed 3rd behind Lavender Hill and Baccalla (another great Foxton mare) in the Cuddle Stakes.

Grey Raider was her offspring by the grey stallion Jiggs Alarm who won the Southland Guineas, Greymouth Cup and Kumara Gold Nuggets treble. Another son - Jimmy Dash - won the Foxton and Masterton Cup

On 12/17/2020 at 3:57 PM, PWJ said:

Metuenda it was ! Well one NG ! I remember her well. Almost jet black mare and always immaculately turned out. Won the Gloaming Stakes at Trentham beating Garfield and Willem Barendsz and placed 3rd behind Lavender Hill and Baccalla (another great Foxton mare) in the Cuddle Stakes.

Grey Raider was her offspring by the grey stallion Jiggs Alarm who won the Southland Guineas, Greymouth Cup and Kumara Gold Nuggets treble. Another son - Jimmy Dash - won the Foxton and Masterton Cup

Hi PJ

We beat Peter Frost by a nose one day at Awapuni - talk about a classically bred quinella 😁

• Like 1

• PWJ unpinned this topic