The Race Place

National Championships Winter Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

CONGRATULATIONS, BLUES BROTHERS

That was an awesome performance. Topping $2k is brilliant selecting and Howie led from the front after Roland trapped the poor Mustelid early. Still, we nearly grabbed a Team Profit point ourselves which is better than most sides today. Worthy of a top-of-the-table clash wouldn't you say, Howie? No disgrace to lose to your team's performance today. Well done.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Denied.

As you were. Carry on.

but well done today,, Geoff .....5 wins contributing mightily to a grand day for Mighty Blues👍.

Bit like the Blues & Warriors (also Auckland teams).  Get one win and you would think they'd won the championship.  Well picked today though guys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Congratulations to PJ and the Ferdies - dominant winners of this comp.

Thanks Peter for another fantastic competition - much appreciated!

Thanks to my Hurricanes team-mates - as always I have enjoyed the tips and the chat.  Cheers Virgil - hope to see you rejoin these comps at some time in the future - nice to go out on a winning note.

The last sentence is a real shame.

8 minutes ago, Maximus said:

CONGRATULATIONS, BLUES BROTHERS

That was an awesome performance. Topping $2k is brilliant selecting and Howie led from the front after Roland trapped the poor Mustelid early. Still, we nearly grabbed a Team Profit point ourselves which is better than most sides today. Worthy of a top-of-the-table clash wouldn't you say, Howie? No disgrace to lose to your team's performance today. Well done.

Thank you, Maxi .....for your very gracious comments. It was certainly a stellar day for Mighty Blues after 6 weeks of disappointment, and I'm sorry that it was your gallant Kauri Kats outfit that bore the brunt of our reurgence. Even on a day when just about everything went right for us you Kauri Kats kept your scores ticking over and even into the last were still a chance of winning. We enjoyed the battle against your valiant team.  

Thanks very much my "teamies" Pete, Gordy, Roland and Geoff. We had a tough time of it week by week against outstanding opposition ..... but we managed to finish on a "high" and I thank you all for your efforts and dedication week-by-week, "teamies".

A big congratulations to the 'Ferdies' ......a first-class team who I had as $1.30 favourites right from the outset. The Ferdies certainly delivered in spades , a top band of selectors, and very worthy winners of this comp.

Many thanks PJ for another marvellous competition, thanks for all your efforts, and the brilliant way you run these comps. PJ comps are always the premier racing comps.
A grand bunch of players throughout all 8 teams ..... I'm looking forward to seeing you all in the Draft Comp.

Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TooFast said:

ok ....prediction.
Geoff (possibly), Roland and Howie will maintain their leads.
Pete will reel in Jen.
Gordy will emerge like a phoenix from the ashes to run down Sharne.
Blues 5 - Kauri Kats 0

Am I getting a bit ahead of myself ?

Yes

• Haha 2

Round 7 - Saturday Aug 15

Race 10 - Caulfield R8

1st - 10 Savatiano W-$5.60

2nd - 6 Sircconi Q-$32.20  

Scr: nil

4 FERDIES (1st)

$1175.40

3 points 

1 CRUSADERS (3rd)

$1037.80

0 points

Aristia never yelped so the Ferdies not only held on to win but took a bonus point for a 4-1 margin as Zac's BB got him up to nail Robert in the last. Heather also bagged a BB while Maurice landed his 5th winner to ensure 'Naki MVP honours. Tom (with a BB) and Craig scored the final $$ for the 'Saders for whom Rob was Man of the Match with a big tally. Huge congrats to my Ferdies team mates on our Winter Championship Victory - very well played people !

51.20 Ashoka 

488.20 Rob

207.00 Zac

176.60 Robert

375.20 Maurice 

189.00 Craig

193.60 PJ

17.00 Rex

348.40 Heather

167.00 Tom

1 CHIEFS (2nd)

$516.40

0 points 

4 BARBARIANS (6th)

$1388.80

4 points

Morrissy led them up for The Chiefs but faded in the straight so the Barbarians ended the comp with a smart win taking a bonus point for the 4-1 margin and another for a team profit. Mardy was their only scorer in the last while Waikato MVP Ian and Stevie snagged BBs for The Chiefs. Man of the Match was Ziggy who just edged out Mardy, both posting great scores. Nailing just two winners from the first 7 races put paid to the Chiefs' title hopes but at least they were still there to try and win it on the final day.

237.40 Ian 

518.80 Ziggy

0.00 Gee 

268.00 Pam

17.00 Punter Pete

102.40 Richie

207.00 Stevie N

0.00 Moose

55.00 Jack

499.40 Mardy

3 HURRICANES (4th)

$1012.40

2 points 

2 TURBOS (5th)

$764.80

0 points

Neither get up so the 'Canes held on to win with all of them bar Virgil scoring in the last while Hesi and Porky added BBs. The Turbos' final $$ came from BBs from Steve and Ray. Another good scoring effort saw Blind Squirrel take Man of the Match honours with Porky just edging Hesi for 'Canes MVP title. No bonus points were earned. John suffered his first defeat of the whole comp at the hands of Steve P.

200.00 John

258.20 Steve P

141.20 The Crucible

17.00 Gary

145.00 Virgil

51.20 Rees

256.00 Hesi

309.40 Blind Squirrel

258.20 Porky 

129.00 Ray

1 KAURI KATS (7th)

$1276.60

0 points  

4 BLUES (8th)

$2169.40

4 points

The Kats all missed in the last as Pete bagged a BB to finally reel in Jen while Man of the Match Howie added to his massive score with a 3rd winner. Pete's last race win enabled the Blues to take a bonus point for the 4-1 margin to add to that for a team profit - achieved before we crossed the Tasman. Where was this form earlier ??? Roland, Pete and Geoff also posted big scores for the Blues while Jen was MVP for The Kauri Kats. 

182.00 Sharne 

17.00 Gordy

144.00 Rocky 

441.20 Geoff

236.80 Max 

458.00 Roland

463.00 Jen 

531.20 Pete

250.80 Graeme

722.00 Howie

Winter Super Comp Championship Final Table

1st 24 FERDIES $7832.20

2nd 16 CHIEFS $8737.20

3rd 15 CRUSADERS* $7039.80

4th 14 HURRICANES $7004.20

5th 13 BARBARIANS $5798.80

6th 10 TURBOS $6718.20

7th 4 BLUES $7664.20

8th 2 KAURI KATS $7013.60

The Ferdies secured the title today with their win and extended their winning margin to 8 points - well done team ! Despite defeat The Chiefs held on to 2nd spot - and were the top aggregate scorers in the comp - while The Crusaders also lost but secured 3rd place. The Hurricanes win guaranteed them 4th while the Barbarians found their best form at the death to claim 5th spot from the Turbos who also lost today. The Battle of Wellsford (or should that be Wooden Spoon) was settled by The Blues putting in a tremendous team effort to down The Kauri Kats and finally get themselves off the foot of the table. The Kats took the Wooden Spoon as a result but at least they kept us entertained through the Winter lockdown.

Thanks to ALL competitors - I hope we have given you all some fun and distraction in these tough times and if you haven't entered the Spring Comp which starts next week then please do so. The draft is on Tuesday night.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

STATS

Best Scores
722.00 Howie
531.20 Pete
518.80 Ziggy
499.40 Mardy
488.20 Rob

Worst Scores 

17.00 Gordy

17.00 Punter Pete

17.00 Rex

17.00 Gary

0.00 Moose

0.00 Gee

Most Wins

6 Pete

5 Geoff

5 Heather

5 Maurice

Most Quinellas
2 Robert

2 PJ

Biggest Winning Margin
722.00 Howie
250.80 Graeme

Narrowest Winning Margin
207.00 Zac

176.60 Robert

Highest Losing Score
463.00 Jen

Lowest Winning Score
102.40 Richie

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Congratulations to PJ and the Ferdies - dominant winners of this comp.

Thanks Peter for another fantastic competition - much appreciated!

Thanks to my Hurricanes team-mates - as always I have enjoyed the tips and the chat.  Cheers Virgil - hope to see you rejoin these comps at some time in the future - nice to go out on a winning note.

????

Virgil has indicated he is in the Spring draft

VvD

Posted August 2

On 8/2/2020 at 4:05 PM, Say No More said:

and I like the amendment to the posting rule.

Me too, but a shame it had to come to that ....

Please put me in the draft Peter.

Cheers

• Like 1

FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW

And so say ALL OF US 

Thank you cOmp Capitan.  It's always so much fun and full of wonderful banter.

Ferdie team mates, it's been a pleasure well done.

To all of you, THANK YOU. YOU'RE an awesome bunch of people. Good luck going foward. And stay well.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Hesi said:

????

Virgil has indicated he is in the Spring draft

VvD

Posted August 2

On 8/2/2020 at 4:05 PM, Say No More said:

and I like the amendment to the posting rule.

Me too, but a shame it had to come to that ....

Please put me in the draft Peter.

Cheers

He's pulled out Alan. We still need two players for the Draft

• Sad 2

I second Heather's comments.  PJ. Her and I have been so close on many occasions over the years and have finally managed to pull one off.  Thanks to all competitors for your banter and participation and particular thanks to organiser supremo Peter Jenkins for all his organisation and hard work scoring and commenting week after week.   See you all in Spring comp.  Keep safe. keep well

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On behalf of the Kauri Kats, grateful thanks to our peerless Comp organiser, scorer and commentator PJ. Congrats to all the Ferdies, worthy winners of this 7-round battle. And thanks to all competitors who took on (and usually beat!) the Kats, who couldn't get a lucky break for love nor money. Finally, great fun playing alongside Jen, Sharne, Graeme and Rocky. Sharne was easily our best performer. Well done, that girl! 
cap'n Max had a disappointing series and is determined to bounce back quick-smart. Another day or so in rehab with 'Nurse Gladys Emmanuel' should do the trick.

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 6

• PWJ unpinned this topic

FINAL WINTER COMP WRAP ON THESE:

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN (big congrats to evergreen Jack !)

2495.20 Jack (Chiefs)

2107.40 Blind Squirrel (Turbos)

2098.20 Rob (Crusaders)

1956.20 Sharne (Kauri Kats)

1928.60 Geoff (Blues)

1858.20 Howie (Blues)

1781.40 Roland (Blues)

THE SERENDIPITOUS SIX (those with the least $$ scored against them) (John, that's all your luck for 2020, sorry)

Gary (4/3-1034.80) (Turbos)

Steve P (6/1-1001.80) (Turbos)

Sharne (6/1-994.60) (Kauri Kats)

Rex (4/3-940.20) (Crusaders)

Zac (5/2-689.40) (Ferdies)

John (6/1-669.40) (Hurricanes)

THE UNFORTUNATE FIVE (those with the most $$ scored against them) (Roland & Jen ?? seriously ? take it easy on these comp stalwarts of ours....)

The Crucible (2/5-2017.40) (Hurricanes)

Graeme (1/6-2083.00) (Kauri Kats)

Pete (2/5-2216.20) (Blues)

Jen (0/7-2385.60) (Kauri Kats)

Roland (2/5-2413.80) (Blues)