The Race Place

National Championships Winter Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

1 minute ago, craigos1 said:

CRUSADERS    26

BLUES                                                                             15

Maybe next time Howie

oh dear.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

CRUSADERS    26

BLUES                                                                             15

Maybe next time Howie

drat ...I hoped that one had slipped past you, Craig.

I should have known .... you're Much Too Fast to have things slip by you.  😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Godzstar1 said:

Just like the Mighty Saders did in the Racing forum ...bomb ém at the Death ,,,commiserations Blues.....there's always next week !!'

racing and rugby!~!:classic_ninja:

Yeah personally I think it's an administrative blunder ...... when you're playing in the freezing cold of the Southern climates games should be limited to 70 minutes only.
Then we Blues would have been winners and grinners.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Say No More said:

Thanks Howie.  Anther close match which is what we've come to expect when we play the Blues.  We were lucky to get up in the final stages - Virgil tipped the winners of the final two races.  

So far so good for the real Blues!

that was a heavyweight slugfest between the Blues and Hurricanes a huge day for VvD (Very very Dazzling) ..but if he tipped the winners of the last two races how come his personal total didn't go up when race 9 result posted? Did he tip it for everyone else and take something else his own self?

MM

Edited by Maximus

Thanks and Congrats to the Baa Baas on a deserved victory yesterday - we KKs were like a car that wouldn't start and when it did couldn't get out of first gear (mebbe we'd run out of anti-freeze). So the mountain has got a little higher and steeper for us. At least Sharne saved the down-trou, which is just as well, cos 5 blushing Kitty Kats minus their knickers might not be everyone's idea of sexy.

As a complete aside, Max was at Ellerslie yesterday ...so good to be back doing what we love, catching up with mates and chewing the fat with the real people who make this industry worthwhile - hardworking trainers, owners, jockeys, stablehands, studmasters and employees etc. It's 7 days a week, rain hail or shine for many of these people (I don't know Ken Kelso but I know he got lost trying to find his horse in the tie-ups before the last, but at least the horse knew where to go! LOL.)

Leaving the course, one sound-byte kept rattling round in Max's mustelidian (= huge but sometimes vacant) brain. A young-ish woman, dark jacket and holding a lead-rope, cheering on her charge from the grandstand as the field got to the 100m mark in the last. Twas the almost-manic sound of a passionate racing fan willing her horse to win. What she said / screamed didn't matter. The passion and excitement in her voice was worth bottling. It's all about the way horse racing makes us feel. And if I could, I'd replay the tape in front of Dean McKenzie and all the other 'suits' who are paid squillions (while this lady earns sweet flock-all in comparison) and make them answer a few pertinent questions.

Starting with: why did you 'can' Trackside Radio? And when are you going to do the right thing and bring it back?

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Maximus said:

real people who make this industry worthwhile - hardworking trainers, owners, jockeys, stablehands, studmasters and employees etc.

Yes I noticed on the TV that there was one group missing and not on in your list.... the public.
Those in "the industry" forget/ignore that group, at their peril.

• Like 2

I agree maxi - they need to bring trackside radio. I arent a big punter but if I cant listen I dont bet so when I spend the day at sport or in graden the TAB dip out. Have spoken to a few others who are like minded. No betting will hurt the TAB in the long run. If we all "strike" and dont bet for a week they will soon listen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's not ideal, but you can listen or watch all the races on your phone, through the TAB website.

Like many here, if I can't listen, I won't bet, but the above seems to be an acceptable second best.  Either that or checkout the video replays later in the day.  They are available pretty quickly these days(within about 30 mins), for all the Aus and NZ races

21 minutes ago, Hesi said:

It's not ideal, but you can listen or watch all the races on your phone, through the TAB website.

Like many here, if I can't listen, I won't bet, but the above seems to be an acceptable second best.  Either that or checkout the video replays later in the day.  They are available pretty quickly these days(within about 30 mins), for all the Aus and NZ races

the racing industry involves a huge amount of travel by road - people need and want information -whether it's scratchings, previews, race calls, results, interviews, opinions on industry issues, news and views from overseas or updates from the breeders, nostalgia ...RADIO keeps more people connected in this country than TV, the industry is based in the PROVINCES...where 'fibre'/internet tech is WEAK OR ABSENT..NZ is a long skinny isthmus with a population of just 5 million spread from one end to the other ...radio reaches all of it and if RITA's suits don't understand the importance of these things for the marketing and comms of racing ...

• Like 2

On 7/11/2020 at 8:52 PM, TooFast said:

Right ........... here we have one of the two teams in line for the Mighty Blues Joker play !

We'll bring down the 'Cone of Silence' ...and deliberate forthwith.

Get us up off the bottom of the ladder .... and poised to take this whole thing out !

Let's go, Blues.

aww c'mon Howie...the poor sad Kitty Kats wanna come out to play ...we're lots more fun for Jokers like you than the windy Turbos....

On 7/13/2020 at 8:21 AM, Hesi said:

My PJ can't do either nor use a computer by himself. And as owners/breeders without the radio broadcasts, his betting has become zilch. The interest just not there. But then, our investment in the industry (sizeable) doesn't matter, according to "them" we don't matter. "We'll be dead soon". Bring back racing radio.  

• Like 3

On 7/13/2020 at 8:21 AM, Hesi said:

Forgive me, but "not ideal, but"  does not suffice.