The Race Place

noms noms noms

Maximus

advice from the beleaguered NZ Racing team who, despite having much less to do than normal, can't get noms out on time ...

The NRB team are currently working through this weekends nominations, this is a time consuming process and they may be released later than usual. We appreciate your patience during this time.
  • Haha 1

Just shows what an inefficient bumbling bureaucracy that the entire administration of NZ racing is

I got some business cards done by a place online called Vistaprint.  Designed it online, added pics, confirmed etc etc Did this on Mon, cards arrived Fri, perfect quality, with an online follow up survey

Hmm.

My winner is, at the moment, not in the field.    Now I know there were conditions put in place to ensure everyone got a run if possible..which is fair enough...but how, then, do four horses that ran last time , a couple placing,  get in the field before mine? 

I tend to think there's a bit of who you are involved here...

4 minutes ago, Freda said:

Hmm.

My winner is, at the moment, not in the field.    Now I know there were conditions put in place to ensure everyone got a run if possible..which is fair enough...but how, then, do four horses that ran last time , a couple placing,  get in the field before mine? 

Must be

You didn't get your own synthetic training track

• Haha 1

And on the same theme as Hesi and Maxi.....a youngster that had his chosen name posted away ( not by me I should add)  six weeks later, was still not actioned. 

My foreman, Martin Dunne, applied for his amateur licence last June.

Although he had formerly ridden over fences as a licensee, and schooled in front of stripes to qualify jumpers, he had to trial three times to prove his competence .

Once, he took himself off to the Rangiora trials and, because his medical hadn't been received ( posted by the doc weeks earlier)  he wasn't allowed to ride there either.

He eventually was cleared, had his ride at the National meeting, and received his licence in October.

Edited by Freda

1 hour ago, Freda said:

Hmm.

I don't understand the rating system etc etc, nor do I want to, but just looking at the noms.  

There are nine ahead of you, with a lower rating

Pitman has 7 horses in ahead of you

There are 2 other winners Expressive and Te Mokopuna behind you

Much has been written about the quality of fields in NZ and how it relates to turnover, yet in this case 3 last start winners may miss a start??