The Race Place

Reading the other channel.....as you do

Hesi

On 8/5/2019 at 10:42 AM, curious said:

Yeahh... Thommo's's having  a 'mare isn't he? 

And apparently he has this. 

I have 6 months of stats stating 16,000 starts.

What that actually means I am not sure. But he certainly won't have 16000 starts from 6 months of data on NZ gallops related to handicap racing. I can 100% guarantee that.

I guess my 275,000+ NZ gallops starts isn't enough either.

On 8/5/2019 at 10:42 AM, curious said:

Yeahh... Thommo's's having  a 'mare isn't he? Of course your comments above don't concur with the claim that some of us think that weight makes no difference. Perhaps we should run a poll Hesi to see if we can work out who they are talking about. Seems to have run out of arguments on the topic and fallen back on the stakeholders won't have a bar of it. I think you'll find those are the same stakeholders who are squealing the loudest about the low stakes levels and wanting the taxpayer to rescue them from their own stupidity.

The only one at NZTR that I ran across who understood was former chief handicapper Brett Scelley. He told me at the preliminary meeting before we did that analysis what we would find with respect to weight spread and the female allowance. Made me wonder why they were asking us to do it when the chief handicapper already knew. Didn't believe him? Of course he left a year later (pushed?) and has been successfully plying his trade for the last 4 1/2 years at the HKJC as the Handicapping & Race Planning manager. Maybe found he had the tools there to handicap properly?

Now I think I need a drink before I can face reading any more of Thommo's nonsense.

I won't make a habit of this, but couldn't resist copy and pasting this particular piece of nonsense for your indulgence:classic_rolleyes:

Deadly...

Many moons ago...When I was head leader at the old Trentham sales......

..the usual root would be a general loop around the sales complex avoiding anyloose az yearlings...especially from those hopeless horsemen at Cambridge Stud...who failed to hold on..even after an entire boring night...asleep

alors...we'd usually had 3 Depth Charges ( a jug of beer with a whiskey shooter in the base of said jug) before we arrived...with 2 hours sleep...

Our neddys were so well trained that one day after stopping for a barf against the Cambridge Stud entertainment tent...the alternate root...My Filly felt so sorry for the food poisoning I was experiencing...

...that she stuck her near fore over my near shoulder as a nod to the compassion she was feeling while moi was barfing

...now that's what you call an in control horse in what could have been an out of control situation...