The Race Place

One of the most cleverest posts

Hesi

I have seen, in relation to the supposed slaughter that is going to happen on Thurs, well according to the resident big head on Redneck Cafe

Whyisit

Posted 1 hour ago

8 hours ago, Proud Magpie said:

Should be better than a night  at the Oscars, where is it being held as I am on the way up from the Waikato ?

Ellerslie somewhere  with words like  eviscerate,underbelly and gutted maybe it's the abattoir . Which ever way it goes somebody is going to get slaughtered

Watch me dismantle Warwick Gendall

By poundforpound, 15 hours ago in Thoroughbred Cafe 

REPLY TO THIS TOPIC

START NEW TOPIC

poundforpound

Open Class - R121

Members

3,112 posts

Posted 15 hours ago

Those of you who are my disciples have a unique opportunity Thursday...at 10 am.......come to Ellerslie and watch me dismantle and eviscerate a silly old xxxx who thinks he has some power invested in him.....a delusional twat......who I will strangle with his own gubernaculum.....

I  am going to take the RIU and JCA apart, piece by piece, with an audience ( that’s you ), and I’m going to expose the greatest abuse of Police power and resources of our generation, Operation Stinka.....

....come along for the show and watch men with no power who live in a delusional world get gutted by me ...and I mean torn apart...little insecure men left eviscerated by the master 

I am going to expose the dirty filthy underbelly of the RIU ...the lies, the fabrications...the losers who profess to be expert witnesses......it’s open to the public, be there if you like a good show......

Come and watch a village idiot get taken apart by a master

16 hours ago, Hesi said:

I have seen, in relation to the supposed slaughter that is going to happen on Thurs, well according to the resident big head on Redneck Cafe

Whyisit

Posted 1 hour ago

Should be better than a night  at the Oscars, where is it being held as I am on the way up from the Waikato ?

Ellerslie somewhere  with words like  eviscerate,underbelly and gutted maybe it's the abattoir . Which ever way it goes somebody is going to get slaughtered

🤗

19 hours ago, Hesi said:

Watch me dismantle Warwick Gendall

By poundforpound, 15 hours ago in Thoroughbred Cafe 

REPLY TO THIS TOPIC

START NEW TOPIC

poundforpound

Open Class - R121

Members

3,112 posts

Posted 15 hours ago

Those of you who are my disciples have a unique opportunity Thursday...at 10 am.......come to Ellerslie and watch me dismantle and eviscerate a silly old xxxx who thinks he has some power invested in him.....a delusional twat......who I will strangle with his own gubernaculum.....

I  am going to take the RIU and JCA apart, piece by piece, with an audience ( that’s you ), and I’m going to expose the greatest abuse of Police power and resources of our generation, Operation Stinka.....

....come along for the show and watch men with no power who live in a delusional world get gutted by me ...and I mean torn apart...little insecure men left eviscerated by the master 

I am going to expose the dirty filthy underbelly of the RIU ...the lies, the fabrications...the losers who profess to be expert witnesses......it’s open to the public, be there if you like a good show......

Come and watch a village idiot get taken apart by a master

i doubt I am the only one who thinks it's the "with an audience" bit that gets him most excited.

7 hours ago, Say No More said:

Let's say there are 4 clever people - A, B, C & D ranging in cleverness from A to D

A is clever

B is cleverer than A

D is cleverest

but what does that make C?  Like B, C is cleverer than A, and is in fact "more cleverer" than B 

Logically correct. Grammatically incorrect.

15 hours ago, Say No More said:

Let's say there are 4 clever people - A, B, C & D ranging in cleverness from A to D

A is clever

B is cleverer than A

D is cleverest

but what does that make C?  Like B, C is cleverer than A, and is in fact "more cleverer" than B 

incorrect, SNM, sorry to say, though I see where you're coming from with this. Sheriff Pete is prob best able to give you the grammatical explanation you're not really seeking, but he's clearly cleverer than Hesi and even more clever than the Mustelid (at some things, sometimes)

MM

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2020 at 8:57 PM, Hesi said:

Whyisit

Posted 1 hour ago

So was there an evisceration,  an underbelly disemboweling or a straight out gutting

I heard it was more of what my dog does to get himself to sleep at night..... a blanket mouthing😇

From the man himself:

"I got away light I thought 

12 months DQ effective immediately 

$5k fine 

$10k costs 

Now I get 12 months holiday from racing, and I save $42k ( what I spent at Ellerslie on sponsorship & hospo last year )

Everyone’s a winner .... now roll on the conclusion of Inca so we can shine some light on it and see who was right and who was wrong."

24 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Yes, someone please enlighten me.

"C is more cleverer than A than B is" 

Would love someone to explain how that is not grammatically correct. 

You can either say someone is more clever than someone else or cleverer than someone else.

More cleverer makes no sense as you are effectively saying more more clever.

If you want to get technical you are mixing a comparative and a superlative.That is why it isn't grammatically correct. 

• For adjectives that are just one syllable, add -er to the end (this explains the above example).
  • For two-syllable adjectives not ending in -y and for all three-or-more-syllable adjectives, use the form “more + adjective.”
  • For two-syllable adjectives ending in -y, change the -y to -i and add -er.

John you'd argue black was white sometimes.

If you wish to go around saying more cleverer then do so. However you want to argue it, it isn't grammatically correct. The English language is stupidly illogical as we all know.

• Like 1

Just now, Say No More said:

I have never proposed the word "clevererer".

All I'm suggesting is that "more cleverer" when used in a double comparison is not grammatically incorrect.

As an ex journalist I can tell you that more cleverer would not get past a sub editor, quite rightly too.

However...

Let's agree to differ. I think there are more important issues in the world today 🤔.

If it had been anyone but Hesi who typed that I would never have dreamed of correcting them.

Just to remove any lingering doubts.

Double Comparatives = Incorrect Usage

The use of the term double comparative also applies to the incorrect use of two comparative forms together. Here are some examples:

• This wine is more tastier than that bottle.
  • She is more funnier than Tom is.
  • Alexander is more taller than Franklin.

In this case, more is not required as the comparative adjective form has been modified by the addition of '-ier'.

1 hour ago, pete said:

John you'd argue black was white sometimes.

If you wish to go around saying more cleverer then do so. However you want to argue it, it isn't grammatically correct. The English language is stupidly illogical as we all know.

Politically sensitive statement, anyway we're not talking about Doug now:classic_smile:

• Like 1