The Race Place
Melbourne Cup Comp - see Thoroughbred Chat section
PJ Comp Round 12 split round Part 2 on Wed 28 Oct

Harness Punting Perspectives

Thought we should have somewhere for anyone who likes a runner at any Harness Meeting.

I'll start it off.

M8 Addington Harness 

To me looks like a lot of shorties tonight

However

R9 13 Somekindawonderful @ 7

Made good ground last start and IF can get a drag into It I think can just about win it.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a replay of Rees' horse doing the business off 50 metres yesterday    

Got the quinella in that with Underwraps. Finally some money back.

My Favourite track bar none. Addington. Some great racing tomorrow night, with our own horse leading the way hopefully. My thoughts again. R1   Luella. Another of my Sweet Lou,s . Nice chanc

3 hours ago, craigos1 said:

Thought we should have somewhere for anyone who likes a runner at any Harness Meeting.

I'll start it off.

M8 Addington Harness 

To me looks like a lot of shorties tonight

However

R9 13 Somekindawonderful @ 7

Made good ground last start and IF can get a drag into It I think can just about win it.

Nice picking Craig, let's hope that is the extent of your winners for the weekend though:classic_smile:.

• Like 1

M8 Addington

Tonight's Meeting looks difficult with nothing really standing out however the one I like is 

R5 2 Melody's Mischief @ 8

sent 3 wide at 600 giving eventual winner drag into race

Battled on ok for 4th..........from draw should be able to be handier and not have to do as much thru the race.

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see a meeting outside of Addington & Invercargill tomorrow.

I was going to Oamaru tomorrow until Covid 19 rared it's head again.

My tip tomorrow is in a race where there are plenty of chance headed by Chinese Whisper & Midnight Dash,

however I'm going a little outside the square.

Kurow Harness

R7 5 Fanny Hill @ 16

Last 2 starts has been quite fizzed up and has thrown toys out the cot at start.

Tomorrow only has to travel round the corner and I think will run much better.

Craig ,our Majestic Man bloused them at Adders last night and only 0.1 outside the NZ record .This could be his time to finally get some luck and RIP off some Group ones.

They also have a big opinion of Chinese Whispers,so stick to it.

For a BlackBooker get on  Sugar Loaf , this horse has had incredible bad luck in traffick in its last 3 and was climbing all over them . Will probably race at Adders again this week and I'm going to hit it hard .

I was disappointed Spirit of Snt Louie was taken out tomorrow ,man is he an excitement machine with extreme speed. I am really liking the Sweet Lou's, they go really well.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, craigos1 said:

Great to see a meeting outside of Addington & Invercargill tomorrow.

I was going to Oamaru tomorrow until Covid 19 rared it's head again.

My tip tomorrow is in a race where there are plenty of chance headed by Chinese Whisper & Midnight Dash,

however I'm going a little outside the square.

Kurow Harness

R7 5 Fanny Hill @ 16

Last 2 starts has been quite fizzed up and has thrown toys out the cot at start.

Tomorrow only has to travel round the corner and I think will run much better.

Nice place price Craig.

Congrats Rees with Majestic Man going real well.

Is it true he prefers Alexandra Park way of going.........going so well (time wise) Friday night at Addington makes me think he good both ways round.

Enjoyed Kurow today good club just like their Gallops counterparts........excellent stakes especially maidens.

Pity I couldn't go.....................whitebait sammies & there are a couple of wineries in the area (Kurow) who always have stalls.

• Like 1

Yep he does prefer Alex park way round, although his not wanting to take the passing lane when having the Interdom Final at his mercy and losing by the barest margin was a real head scratcher.  He is getting better with age, the complete package now I think. Now just to stick it up Winterfell a few times. lol. A privilege to be part of the journey with such a class animal.

• Like 1

I will add some of my thoughts.

R3   No 1   Mark O'Ronga. Cops a good draw  and has been running honest races with my money on it. Go again. $6.60 on tote.

R4  No 6   Sweeny Todd  . Should be about to run into form. $10ff

R7  No 9  American Sniper. Very short at $2.60 tote but took Italian Lad (who has been unbeatable going through the grades )to beat him last time. Should win.

R10   No 10  Malinka . My sneaky first up  at $12ff. Gets a drag through from 2nd line and capable of taking this out.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, craigos1 said:

So should I Rees...............but there is always next week!

Nice fields this Friday Night.

A real bottler in the last . Sugar Loaf. Have waited two weeks for this to start, again. A couple of other nice nags in it, but this thing has been climbing all over them in its last two, and its a small field.

Its a nice horse and my only bet of the night.

Of course Majestic Man up against Winterfell again, so I hope he can blouse them again, and have been told they are heading to the front if possible at the start.

And Lizzie( Dark Horse ) our excitement machine starting off 50mtrs tomorrow at Invercargill race 9 at 4.28pm. 

• Like 2

Agree with you Rees in regards to Sugar Loaf,as soon as i saw that it's drawn nice i immediately thought WINNER. Been desperately unlucky in her last couple.and interesting to note that John Dunn has jumped off the impressive Spellbound to drive this one,that also screams WINNER to me as well. And i also think George can double up as well Rees,all the best.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

A real bottler in the last . Sugar Loaf. Have waited two weeks for this to start, again. A couple of other nice nags in it, but this thing has been climbing all over them in its last two, and its a small field.

Its a nice horse and my only bet of the night.

Of course Majestic Man up against Winterfell again, so I hope he can blouse them again, and have been told they are heading to the front if possible at the start.

And Lizzie( Dark Horse ) our excitement machine starting off 50mtrs tomorrow at Invercargill race 9 at 4.28pm. 

Fantastic win Reece. Well done.

Congrats Rees.......What a win.

Just home from work and thats made my night....well done and Nathan was pretty chuffed too.

Some nice races down there...........Don't Lie To Me & Handsome Harry look like they could go on with it.

Vintage Cheddar's run for 2nd was massive.......given same time as Robyn's Playboy but your horse easily Run of the Day.

Right now i'll watch Cambridge!

• Like 1

Another bottler of a race tonight at Adders.

Race 7, the FFA  . And why?. Because a real up and coming talent ,Spirit of St Louie starts against the big boys. This horse has electrifying speed to burn and has shown he can grind it out at the end. His biggest test, but from what I have seen so far he is headed for the top. The Sweet Lou,s are starting to look like a very good breed.