The Race Place

Golf

Midnight Caller

This week we are in  Puerto Rico and at Bay Hill golf club Florida.

Puerto Rico: Kim - Stevens - Higgs - Endycott - Gérard

Florida: Late tee off players  on day 1 may have the advantage as Friday afternoon weather looks testing.

Hatton - Hovland - Lowry - Suh(200) - Hoge(125).  Roughies - Cole(225) and Brehm(1000).

Interesting to see how Foxy goes after a little freshen up on the PGA Tour.

Have been off piste the last few days! This is how i see this week.

Kenya :  Schaper  Hisatsune  Nienaber  Saddier

USA:   Homa  Hovland  Kim SW  Morikawa       Roughie Fox 200/1

Off plan, after a tidy T10 collect on Buhai last week ,we go again EW in SA.

Sunshine Tour   Coetzee

Asian Tour   Janewattananond

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies, off line with work for most of last week until Saturday! 

We were on four place getters last week with Detry in the Corales and stable regulars Ferguson, Lagergren and Soderberg, all at reasonably good prices.

This week we are in Texas, where at the top of the market Kim - Riley- Fox(the big fella can open up the shoulders on this course).

Big value players are An- Cole - Hardy - Lingmerth and Coody.

LIV Tournament,  Horsfield 100/1 virtually grew up here and has won a few college and amateur  events in Florida 

LPGA  Hataoka 28/1

An and Horsfield held the Fort last week!

This week it's  the first Major of the season, the tricky Masters.

A coin toss between the leading lights, but I've sided with The Scheff as Rory rarely wins for me, and thought Scheffler played pretty well in the matchplay the other week.

Scheffler 

Lee - Smith - Conners - Kim

Roughie Hughes 300/1

What a difference a year makes in golf! Last years Masters we walked away with a 38pt profit, this year a 3pt loss.

In the pursuit of value we charge forward into this weeks tournament The RBC Heritage. 

Im - Bezuidenhout - Theegala - Kucher - Poston.  Roughie Duncan 300/1.

Off plan I have a couple of coins on Hataoka and Shibuno in the LPGA. At 11/2 T20 Fox holds some value.

Good luck

A late rally by Im and Theegala secured places and a 6pt profit. Unlucky not to collect a 20pt return on big priced Coody from the Korn Ferry Tour who missed a place by one stroke. 

This week the DP Tour is back in Japan, and I'm turning  Japanesa with my selections. 

Hisatsune / Katsuragawa / Higa / Nakajima / Kanaya. Roughies Soderburg 100  Norris 225.

LPGA Chevron Championship 

Thitikul + Minjee Lee 

Off plan I will throw a couple of coins on pairs Im/Mitchell  and Kim/Kim in the Zurich Classic. While the LIV boys play a tricky wee course in Adelaide, strong iron players needed, personally this guy is full of himself but this is business, so a couple of coins go on Reed.

Good luck

Edited by Midnight Caller

We have the late tee offs in Korea with some usual  stable runners hoping for a change in luck!

Hojgaard - Paul - Hisatsune - Li  - Soderberg.  Roughies  Norris and Pulkkanen 

Mexico: Rahm should control this! So have doubles running with him to boast the value. Also Cole T10 and Bryan T20.

Challenge Tour: Swedes From the stable, Lengden  and Blomme EW T10.

Off plan, i had thrown some coins at  my girls Thitikul  and Lee at the LPGA, Harrington at the round bellies tournament all for win only and a couple of trebles with Grant.

On plan a reasonable start from the runners. Hoping last off the list Siem gets the wobbles in the home straight!

Sorry a bit late putting  these up this week. Just back in after a few big shifts. This is how  I saw the weekend play out. We are sowing the  seed far and wide after a 4pt loss last week. 

PGA USA: Finau and Koepka  -  Kim  and  Theegala ewT10 for value.

Challenge  Tour:Course form with... Antcliffe  Berardo  Foos  Lengden Herbert  Fitzpatrick 

Korn Ferry Tour: Course form/Big hitters...    Tosti  Gotterup  Murray Nunez  Skinns  Kohles.

Heavy investment this week  so three winners would be a bonus 😁

I hope i haven't "Thomoed" myself! Sweating on some possible big numbers  going (for gold) into the final rounds with...

Hebert and Fitzpatrick on the Challenge Tour. 

Murray, Tosti and Skinn on the Korn Ferry Tour. 

Koepka in the Major. He leads,but how crucial could those missed birdies skimming the hole on 16 and 18 yesterday. 

It is going to be a long day/night.

22 hours ago, Midnight Caller said:

I hope i haven't "Thomoed" myself! Sweating on some possible big numbers  going (for gold) into the final rounds with...

Hebert and Fitzpatrick on the Challenge Tour. 

Murray, Tosti and Skinn on the Korn Ferry Tour. 

Koepka in the Major. He leads,but how crucial could those missed birdies skimming the hole on 16 and 18 yesterday. 

It is going to be a long day/night.

Fab to see Koepka make amends for the Masters. Vack to full fitness he is an astonishing player and at 40-1 after Rd 1 Max got on hoping he'd do the business after running so close at Augusta.

MM

Big outlay weekend as we spread the love over four tournaments. 

Starting in Europe...

DP Tour: Paul  Schmid  Ferguson Armitage Samooja   Pulkkanen. 

Challenge Tour: Blomstrand Svensson Kristiensen Antcliffe. 

USA Memorial: Rahm (win only @15/2) S W Kim  Conners.

Korn Ferry Tour: Murray  Whitney Furr  Kohles.

Got lucky with a near on triple digit winner G Murray two weeks ago. The fiery Murray is in his home state this week even though he is around half the price!

People playing the T10/T20 market, these roughies have caught the eye. 

USA Memorial: An  Bhatia Fox Lipsky.

Korn Ferry: North Caralina local Blaum.

D P Tour: Gurrier and Lagergren, also Lagergren 1st round leader.

Good Luck

Plenty of tournaments this week...

DP Tour: Ben Tarrio  Ferguson   Soderberg Sullivan. Roughies Hisatsune and Kawamura  looking at breaking a run of 5 missed cuts.

Challenge Tour: Fitzpatrick  Angles  Chesters  Celli. Roughie Slater

PGA Tour: Good iron players required, Rose  Conners   Hughies  Cole. Roughie Carson Young who qualified for the US Open a couple of weeks ago with a scorching -16 over 2 rounds to blitz the qualifying field.

Korn Ferry: Mc Cormick and Kim. Roughie local lad Messier