The Race Place

Golf

Midnight Caller

2 hours ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Good stuff fellas -- will be watching with interest as no golf bets for me this week

Squirreling away the nuts BS?

Just teeing off at Wyndham Championship USA. Nothing for me here investment wise as this is even tougher than last week!Seems a bit of a horses for courses place, so based on that my selections ...

Simpson/Kim/Lowry/Poston and Kisner

1 hour ago, Midnight Caller said:

Some good 1st round scores for your multi VC! Early tee off times could be the key to making the cut today, especially  in Scotland , Wales and thunderstorms in the US! Players will be making heavy work of it this afternoon. 

Yeah good start  54 holes still left to play, Crocker and Min Lee in the mix in Wales, for you MC, he looks like a little boy Min Lee two very talented siblings with his sister Minjee Lee ranked 8th in the world 

Albertsons Boise open may let me down my three golfers need a decent 2nd round

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, VC! said:

Yeah good start  54 holes still left to play, Crocker and Min Lee in the mix in Wales, for you MC, he looks like a little boy Min Lee two very talented siblings with his sister Minjee Lee ranked 8th in the world 

Albertsons Boise open may let me down my three golfers need a decent 2nd round

Very talented  family!You could have heard my frustration from NZ when Johnston triple bogeyed the 1st this morning!!🤬

Long weekend ahead!

Edited by Midnight Caller

Johnston is putting  me on a rollercoaster  ride with my "monkey " on his shoulder for a T20 finish!

Some housework before round 3 starts.

This weekend I've taken more runners than i  normally do, so have reduced ££ accordingly. But still in heavy handed this week!!🤞

Loss of 150 on the girls,who got battered by the Links course  in Scotland.

In Wales things are looking up! Lost Hajgaard £10/50 at the cut,Lee doesn't look like he can recover a T10 spot, so loss,£10/50 on him.The positives are Crocker 10/50 T10, Burmiester 10/50 T20 and Johnston my biggest winner 20/500 T20.After the birdie at the 12th yesterday Horsfields price went into free fall so caught him at 16/1 for 50 to win outright. Hope some of you have got on to the USA selections!Right,time to sit back and ride   Johnston and Co to the finish!

All the best with the multi VC,still looking strong!

Lydia , cant buy a break in the 4th round again. She,s back though and its only a matter of time now. Nice to see. Maybe this coach has bundled her parents up into a suitcase and dropped them off a boat out at sea. I hope so. This girl used to play the most exquisite long irons and hybrid into greens with unerring accuracy , it was poetry in motion. 

On 8/16/2020 at 1:44 AM, Midnight Caller said:

Johnston is putting  me on a rollercoaster  ride with my "monkey " on his shoulder for a T20 finish!

Some housework before round 3 starts.

This weekend I've taken more runners than i  normally do, so have reduced ££ accordingly. But still in heavy handed this week!!🤞

Loss of 150 on the girls,who got battered by the Links course  in Scotland.

In Wales things are looking up! Lost Hajgaard £10/50 at the cut,Lee doesn't look like he can recover a T10 spot, so loss,£10/50 on him.The positives are Crocker 10/50 T10, Burmiester 10/50 T20 and Johnston my biggest winner 20/500 T20.After the birdie at the 12th yesterday Horsfields price went into free fall so caught him at 16/1 for 50 to win outright. Hope some of you have got on to the USA selections!Right,time to sit back and ride   Johnston and Co to the finish!

All the best with the multi VC,still looking strong!

Outstanding with Johnston and Horsfield MC!!!

• Like 1

Great stuff MC!

Beef would’ve gone close to winning that tournament had it not been for those triple bogeys, still you got the job done with Sam Horsfield👍 
S W Kim had a shocking front nine but held on to tie for third and Webb Simpson never puts in a bad one at the Wyndham course

My multi was close-ish, but never felt close David Lipsky never had a bogey for his last 39 holes and only three all tournament yet could only manage tied for 23rd, and Crocker and Jordan Smith tied for 22nd

Onto this week

• Like 1

Sorry guys, absolutely snowed under this week! I have had a quick look this morning and there doesn't seem to be much value  around the outright  winner in Wales which should come from the top 5 from last week(could be value on the last day).

I may just go down the  VC route and take a few accumulaters from these playersT10/T20 finish combos.Combos of 4 or 5

Wales: 

Shinkwin T20, Nienber T10/T20, Enoch T20, Lee T20, Valmaki T10/T20 

LPGA:

Hall T10, Lewis T10, Henry T10

US:Kisner T20, Rose T20, Ancer T20, Reed T10, Simpson T10

I like Hall T10 in the British Open as she is generally  strong on the links courses.

I will report in later as the weekend  unfolds.

The Northern Trust could be a real showstopper but I do fancy Xander Schauffle and Victor Hovland for top 5 finishes. Even though I think he is a putz Patrick Reed is at nice odds to win the tourny while my roughie for top 5 & 10 is Cameron Smith who played pretty well in the PGA without a lot of reward.

Have had a little nibble at the following for the British Open (winner) - Nasa Hataoka and Yiu Liu but will reassess after the first round.

• Like 1

16 multis this week 

PGA and Euro tour not much value, went slightly longer on the Web. com tour

Wales top 10

Andrew Johnston 

Li Tong Hao

Northern trust top 10

Justin Thomas

Hideki Matsuyama

Children’s Hospital Invitation top 10

Ben Martin

Dan McCarthy

Tyrone van Aswegen

Curtis Luck

then added a couple of NRL just to spice it up a tad

Penrith -3.5

Canterbury Bulldogs +10.5

16 multis lowest multi paying 55-1 highest 390-1 that’s if you had a $1 unit, you always have a chance to get more than the one multi, however you have more of a chance at getting none🤔

Good punting all

• Like 2

Squirreling the nuts this week!No real confidence this week,but will have a play with...

This morning I took  Shinkwin T20 4/1 in Wales. Hall T10 7/2.

Went down the VC route with ...

I took 12 £5 acca's,and 7 have survived  the first round and a couple of extra players for tournament spread T10/T20 mix of players. 

Shinkwin/Valmaki/Kisner/Rose

Pieters/Reed/Ko/Hall

Simpson/Reed/Hall/Schniederjans(VC😉)

Shinkwin/Kisner/Rose/Ko

Pieters/Ancer/Reed/Hall

Rose/Kisner/Ko/Valmaki

Reed/Shinkwin/Valmaki/Luck(VC😉)

All the best!

• Like 2

The early tee offs had begun at The Belfry which hasn't  seen any PGA play for quite  a few years.

The field looks pretty open and also interesting, with Wallace and Schwab coming back from the US.

Selections:  Bookies are tight on the outright winner value, so I will take a look after the cut! Early Selections Li and Westwood .

Through the day I will be sorting out the value runners and the VC special muiltis😁 with US runners and Korn Ferry players.

Players in the multi mix to sift through: Wallace , Li, Westwood , Fox, Campillo,Antcliff, Burmester, Horsey, Shinkwin,  Nieanber

32 minutes ago, Midnight Caller said:

Players in the multi mix to sift through: Wallace , Li, Westwood , Fox, Campillo,Antcliff, Burmester, Horsey, Shinkwin,  Nieanber

I’ve taken a very difficult multi, 9 legs which includes 1 horse, so hardly worth putting up, as extremely unlikely to be successful, but I treat these as fun bets, so if I’m lucky to jag one it’s a bonus

I have taken two golfers in my first leg of my multi at Beltry, to finish top 10 but none of those above MC, I’ve settled on Rasmus Hojgaard and Andy Sullivan both with an afternoon tee time

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, VC! said:

I’ve taken a very difficult multi, 9 legs which includes 1 horse, so hardly worth putting up, as extremely unlikely to be successful, but I treat these as fun bets, so if I’m lucky to jag one it’s a bonus

I have taken two golfers in my first leg of my multi at Beltry, to finish top 10 but none of those above MC, I’ve settled on Rasmus Hojgaard and Andy Sullivan both with an afternoon tee time

Both solid T10 contenders.

Here is my round up from last week!

Invest 260  Return 500

Shinkwin showed good late form over the final round to save the day! Hall was very disappointing on her favoured Links courses and a yellow /red card for her.

Multis were a close but no cigar! I totally forgot (as I was a little rushed last week)about the 4 fold option (taken with football) of a 4 fold with any 3 winners  option which I will be taking this week.

Rose failed by one shot for a £1312 return and any 3 was a 375 return. Reed was never really in it last week  in what would have been a 10,500 4 fold and with the other 3  @ 2625 🙄

• Like 1

Not much value around! So this is how I see this weekend. 

USA , Kisner T10 , Kisner /Morikawa T10 double

UK, Burmester T10, Horsey T20

Straight  4 Fold with any 3 for £5

Wallace/Shinkwin/Kisner/Hodges

Morikawa/Johnson/Campillo/Wolfe

Burmester/Berger/Westwood/Wu

D Lee/ Horsey/Hopfinger/Hardy

Burmester/ Nienber/ Wolfe /Hodges

Li /Enoch/Johnson/Hodges

Westwood/Fox/Kisner/D Lee

Kisner /Morikawa/ Burmester /Horsey

Johnson/ Kisner Compillo/Wolfe

Li/ Berger/Morikawa/Ramey

Horsey/ Johnson /Kisner/Roach

Burmester/ Morikawa/Wallace/Wu

All the best

On 8/27/2020 at 8:59 AM, VC! said:

Outstanding VC! Labelling the winner (a real talent  that young fella)and  a T10 finish with Sullivan👍👍

Going into the final round I have 6 multis that have survived  and a Kisner T10 finish still running.

• Like 1

Summary 

My 9 leg multi fell 1 leg short as you can see by the screen shot, unfortunately it was Zelenski or The Buffer who I needed to win they ran 2nd and 3rd respectively 

At the 200 The Buffer looked like he was going to run away and win the race he just looked odds on to win the race he was $8+ on the tote, had The Buffer won I would’ve collected $43,708 as I would’ve got 4 multis up I had Hojgaard and Sullivan top 10 UK and Austin Ernst and Jenny Shinn top 10 LPGA

If you multiply the 9 figures

Sullivan $2-88

Lipsky $5-00

Rahm $3-15

Roosters $1-26

Jenny Shinn $15

The Buffer $8 (if it had won)

Panthers $1-38

Storm $1-42

Raiders $1-31

This multi alone was worth $17,606

To think both my horses ran top 3 both beaten by no more than a long neck that’s just enough to F...k  you off

I’ve posted two shots the one at the bottom shows Zelenski Hojgaard and Ernst

Anyway enough of my rant, how did you fare MC Campillo finished top 10 and Wu won on the Nationwide tour which were a couple of nice results 

1B960BC7-5DD8-43E1-9FFD-B31239B79B49.png

19E281B4-3EF2-4A5C-89AA-5B939C3079D1.png

Edited by VC!
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2