The Race Place

Golf

Midnight Caller

After signing  off on Thursday, I took two more with Dou (my saviour from last weekend and in great form).Total now £110 

I got hit hard in the US, with only Davis surviving!Boys in Scotland are going ok but Wallace and Wiesberger look beaten.LPGA girls are fighting hard,but I am relying  on Thompson and Lewis for big last day efforts.KF players,  apart  from Dou are just off the pace,Hardy looks beaten and need Hopfinger to keep a muilti and three trebles running.But again  he looks under the pump! Here are my T20 survivors with 1 1/2 days to go...

Herbert-Davis-Thompson-Hopfinger

Westwood-Poulter-Thompson-Lewis

Herbert-Westwood-Davis-Thompson

Poulter-Thompson-Hopfinger

Herbert-Lewis-Hopfinger

Westwood-Thompson-Hopfinger

Dou-Thompson-Davis

Dou-Lewis-Poulter

Hopfinger holds the key!He needs a big final day.

Crazy last couple of weeks in the golf! One of my favourite  players Im, failed by one stroke for me to collect anything!Burmester drops 6 shots on the back nine and tumbles down the leader board taking with him my multis!But all was not lost,with Rai-Zhang and Hopfinger landing a nice little treble return of 265.42 and after writing him off,Dou 6 under on the last day secured a T20 treble with Jones and Hopfinger 118.13.

I've got everything  crossed for the last rounds but realistically I think only one maybe two contenders. How is your combination going VC? Stevie,Wiesberger and Nordqvist disappointing this week!Knocked a few multis out!

Wet and windy in Surrey  this morning, which makes me think holding off until the 1st round at Wentworth maybe  sensible. 

Pool of players this week:

Value in UK: Rai  Burmester  Horsey  Wang  Harding  Kinhult

USA: Im  McCarthy    Davis  Cantlay  McCumber  Morikawa

LPGA: Hataoka  Reid  Park S H  Henderson   Kang D

Nothing from Korn Ferry this week 

Horsey T20    Davis T20

Good Luck

A steady start, and have only added defending  champ Na (11/4) for a couple of multis after round 1,with a couple of Aussies on the seniors tour that starts later today.

Na  Rai  Shibuno  Pampling

Na  Horsey  Kang  McKenzie 

Two multis almost gone already as Reid flaps around on +4! Total this week £280.

Edited by Midnight Caller

Travelling  ok going into the last 1 1/2 rounds(realistically probably only 3 real chances going into the last round)! If Wang can climb into the T20, there maybe a good collect coming my way.I am going to have a wee play with last weeks money, and take Im £20/80 @20/1 to win in the USA and £20 on Lowry @14/1 to win in Surrey.

Davis looks just off the pace,Horsey is holding his own🤞

Housework  from the last few weeks.

24th Sept: Rai- Zhang- Hopfinger £265:42                                                

1st Oct: Westwood- Davis- Herbert £127:97                                                 Thompson- Davis- Dou £101:93

8th Oct: Cantlay- Im- Henderson- Hataoka £139:15                                  Horsey(steady but effective)T20 £600:00 return. 

In the US,with the switch of course to Vegas,there  is no course form apart from Johnson who has pulled  out with Covid!

Not much interest this week, so I will being having a small e/w on Im @40/1 in Vegas and Jordon 33/1 in Scotland for an interest. Spend £40

Selections for the multi  T10/T20 takers.

US: Im Smith Hatton Ancer

Scotland: Jordon Stone MacIntyre Howie Meronk Harding

Over and out

No cigar last week with my  small interest. Im was shocking for the first two rounds, and Jordan had a poor first round, but played ok for the last three rounds to just miss T20 finish,while last day flutter failed to fire(£60 loss for the weekend). No muiltis for me,but three players from the multi pool had an T20 finish for a treble div of £160:71 for £10

This week the bookies have caught up with me and my friend D Horsey, who I like again this week but there is no value in him! So this is the for this week.

Na T20 and Walters T20

Muilti pool:

US :Value Na T20  Favs T10 Im  Rahm  Hatton  Morikawa  Finau 

Italy:  Walters  Horsey  Canter  Arnaus  Nienaber

LPGA:  Thompson  Kang  Lewis  E Lee

Total 280

Good luck all!

Last week, Walter's missed the cut(red card) and Na was in it for a long way but couldn't  get over the T20 line! Finau fell just short for one multi, collected with two small multis returning £99.28 + 79.42 for a loss of 101.30.

Slight change in strategy with an increased  investment with singles, trebles and a couple a multis,total 520

Here are some pool players for your muiltis.

Cyprus: Valmaki  Rozner  Armitage  Sjholm Colsaerts

USA::Jones  Malnati  Todd  Putnam Clark  McCarthy 

Seniors: Weir  Jimenez  Els

Singles: I'm going with Armitage in Cyprus and Putnam in the US.

Good luck

• Like 1

Nice one VC, hopefully some good prices around for The Masters!

Coming to the end of round one in Cyprus and going heavy handed this weekend catching stable runner Valimaki in free fall at 15's (50 win)and adding from the stable Horsey to muilti pool for 20.Total now 590, I'm testing the speculate to accumulate theory, so it's all or nothing this weekend!🤞That's  my biggest spend since Wapiti (800)in the GC Guineas!:classic_ninja:

Not liked by the tipsters, but Armitage  has been in reasonable  form and I thought that the course may suit. Putnam is a bit hit and miss but thought he was good value in that field🤞

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 6:18 PM, Midnight Caller said:

Slight change in strategy with an increased  investment with singles, trebles and a couple a multis,total 520

Here are some pool players for your muiltis.

Cyprus: Valmaki    Armitage  

USA::Jones  Malnati Clark  McCarthy 

Seniors: Jimenez  

Singles: I'm going with Armitage in Cyprus 

Looking really good in Cyprus MC

Armitage and Valmaki joint leaders with 10 holes to go, a nice collect coming up MC

Bermuda 4 live chances going into the last round with Clark Jones Malnati and McCarthy

Seniors Jimenez 4 shots of the lead but still in with a shot

Should amount to nice payday MC

Scheffler struggled yesterday, so did my £10 ,and the hot and cold Nienaber didn't  make the last 32(-50).Scores go back zero for the 3rd round in Cyprus and again for the last round,where the last 16 play off.

Cyprus, I need Valimaki or Horsey to win.Usa Jones T20   (weekend spend 210)

Last week saw a nice return  from Armitage 650   Treble Jones Armitage Valimaki 617.50  Multi Jones Armitage Valimaki Jiminez 887.66.Just missed a near on 3k collect Putnam bogeys the 18th and the the only player left on the course that can push him out of the T20 birdies the last two holes!🙄

Masters kicks off in just under 3 hours

Iv’e backed Xander Schauffele and Tony Finau top 5 on Betfair Xander between $4-50 and $4-70 and Tony between $7-$8 both play Augusta really well, 

And took Tony Finau to beat Bubba Watson H2H for as much as I could on Betfair

Like your thinking  VC!

Bookies squeezing the life out of my runners in the T10/T20 market! So last Saturday when there was still a bit of value around  I attacked the winner market, if any of the following win I come out with a small/ medium/large profit.

Johnson, Thomas, Webb,Matsuyama, Simpson, Finau, Watson,Reed, Day, Kokrak, Smith, I'm.

Top former winner Watson 9/2

Good luck

Well, it looks like Johnson has stolen a march on the field!(what a 3rd round by him)If he eagles the 2nd hole again, the others will only be playing for 2nd place.Small profit from Johnson  if he gets the green jacket, but  I will be cheering  on Smith 80/1 and Im 100/1 for the upset.Also hoping Finau gets over the line against  Bubba for  you  VC.

Yesterday, with Johnson going so well early, I have him on four £5 antes with jumpers over the next months ,mainly at Cheltenham .🤞

Not much taking my fancy this week!So it's all about finding value!

Just the  one single this week on ruffie Wilson in SA, who tees off shortly

For you  multi  takers  who like to get on after the first  round, who I think are overs!

US: Henly  Redman  Nesmith  Knox Hughes

SA:  Wilson  Sjholm  Kawamura  Da Silva  Lemke  Hend

Interesting fresh runners in the LPGA event  Ko Jin-Young and Lee Jeongeun 6 having their first hit outs in preparation for the US Open next month.

Johnson all class last week, with Smith  and Im running creditably for second.Bubba never raised a gallop!Good result  for VC👍.Small return from 330 outlay,  of 480.

Good luck 

Wilson was no Kiwi last week!(-50)

Keen on 3 from the stable in SA

Stone / Nienaber e/w     Sjoholm (value)for multi takers

A first starter for me in Schaper,a young fella with good finishes around the SA circuit for value. T10/T20

For the multi takers, from  Spain...

Munoz, Pedersen   

Nuutinen, Cowan, Hiller for value 

I think just one week left before everyone  takes a break.