The Race Place

Golf

Midnight Caller

On 11/26/2020 at 10:39 AM, Midnight Caller said:

A first starter for me in Schaper,a young fella with good finishes around the SA circuit for value. T10/T20

For the multi takers, from  Spain...

Munoz, Pedersen   

J T Schaper went well MC tied for 2nd, very nice result... couple him up with Pedersen and there’s the Christmas money

Nice going👍

Early start in Dubai tomorrow and have four tournaments over the weekend for the muilti takers to get their teeth into! In saying that, fields look tough this week.

Some players to choose from for you muilti takers:

Dubai: Sullivan  Levy  Arnaus  Oleson Valimaki  Samooja

Mexico: Ancer  English Hadwin  Henley 

SA: Nienaber  Stone   Schaper 

LPGA:  Park S-H  Lee Mi H   Ko Jin-Young  LeeJeoguon 6

In Dubai, I'm  starting off with 1st round leader from players above.

Edited by Midnight Caller
Lewis scratched replaced with Samooja

• 1 month later...

Finished the year with a nice little Christmas  cracker, courtesy of Miss Ko.

Small interest for the year opener as a few will be carrying excess  turkey! Two who won't  be ring rusty after playing in Dubai  Im and Reed,also thrown the experts selection Cantlay.  £60 spend.

On some crazy hours at the moment, so hope to get selections up before tee off next week.Time for some sleep!

Im and Cantlay did ok in the new year pipe opener. With the  former rolling in 3 late birdies to pick up 5th place and return £70, so we are in profit to start the year with a mighty  £10😁.

Only one tournament  again  this week,so keeping it simple and keeping away from the fav's!

Outright winner:

Im - Smith - Palmer - Griffin - Kim

First Round  Leader:

As above, also adding  Morikawa 

Lazy tenner on Putnam for a T20 finish@7/1 . Form is a bit in and out, but has finished 2nd here before.

Total 170

Fields starting to heat up with a number of chances this week.

I'm  agreeing  with the experts...

Hatton for me is a standout(15/2), playing a slightly  weaker field and the way he dominated  the final round last,has sent Rory scuttling  off to The States!

Kim is in the loop again, but am siding with English(25/1) as I think Torrey Pines will suit.

Plenty of players to pick from for the muilti takers.

Dubai: Kanaya  Langsque  Herbert  Willett  Wallace  Lipsky

USA: Leishman  Kim  Kokrak  Davis

Woke this morning  to find that Hatton had taken my hundy and buried it in the desert !😟😁That's the cruel game of golf!

Ironically,  the first two home last week are +3 and +4 respectively after the first round.(desert rats! (phft)😁.

I'm  just grateful for Kim's return on my 10/100 T20 last week.Still an outside chance of a collect with some multis with 3 rounds to go.Forever optimistic me.😄

Bogey and double bogey by Hatton and Herbert  on the final hole put paid to any hopeful collect!Good even fields this week and will try my hand to find the winner one last time  before  reverting back to the old formula. 

Saudi Arabia: Johnson win,  with Fox T20. Multi takers, as above with Hatton, Na, Herbert, Hojgaard, Kanaya

US: Ralm win, with Jones T20. Multi takers, as above with Mcllroy,  Im, Zalatoris. 

Jones, Taylor and Cantlay all came up short,with  Cantlay's putter going cold over the last  nine holes when only needing  a couple  of birdies!Have backed Lewis a couple of times and finally rewards me at outstanding  value for a T70 player!

This week its T20 value all round.

PGA: McNealy and Davis

Korn Ferry: Griffin

Multi: Players above with Lipsky.

Total 340

7 hours ago, Midnight Caller said:

Jones, Taylor and Cantlay all came up short,with  Cantlay's putter going cold over the last  nine holes when only needing  a couple  of birdies!Have backed Lewis a couple of times and finally rewards me at outstanding  value for a T70 player!

This week its T20 value all round.

PGA: McNealy and Davis

Korn Ferry: Griffin

Multi: Players above with Lipsky.

Total 340

In play, he owes me of late and was last to come off the short list this week, but will play Jones T20 one more time.

Back indoors, and slow out of the gates putting this up as a few have teed off in Puerto Rico. 

Three tournaments  for the multi  takers this week,here is my group to pick from

Puerto Rico: An  Putnam  Wallace  Lewis 

WGC: Im  McIlroy Palmer Smith  Rahm(who looks to be finally getting on with the new clubs at the right time)

Ko J Y  Hataoka  Park S H   Lee 6

Smith Top Aussie player (3 pts)

Jones dipped  his toe in last week and carried us into profit!

Good luck this  week! 

Has started with three pars,so will add Ko J Y  (1 pt)

Ko just didn't finish  it off the last two rounds, but I put that down to being a little rusty! 

Smith gave us the true golfing rollercoaster  ride with being in contention for the first two rounds and more importantly leading his fellow Australians. Then having a nightmare  of a 3rd round and J Day being two shots clear in the Australian  h t h going into the final round. Smith shows some great character in the final round to bet Day by three  shots, to secure a 8 pt profit (nice one Cam👍)

This week for the muilti  players, the short list  is a 7/2 split

USA: Hatton   McIlroy  Im   An  Kokrak  NeSmith  Bezuidenhout  

LPGA:  Ko  and Ko

Just the three this week...

Hatton  E/W (T8)

An (T20)

Bezuidenhout (T20)

Good  Punting

Firstly great to see Jordan Speith come back to some kind of form I see he is 2 under after the first round

TPC Sawgrass hole 17 takes no prisoners that will sort the men out from the boys

Usually for me MC it’s golfers who are in some kind of form, then it’s horses for courses, it’s a sport where your mentality plays a crucial role

Currently I like V Hovland and Matt Fitzpatrick in their current form, 
From the big guns Rory and Dustin and Australasia Jason Day

Didn’t the likes of Craig Parry and Craig Perks win this tournament once?

• Like 1

Bezuidenhout gets us into a small profit last week, and Hattons 77 in the 1st round ended his chances!

This week  is wide open, so have settled  for...

Morikawa e/w(paying down to 10)

Got in early on Saturday  for this first starter for the stable Bradley T20 and T30

Qatar: Small e/w on Rai

For you multi  takers,mix it up with this lot...

USA: Johnson(12/1)is twice the price of his usual ticket)Matsuyama  Morikawa  Smith  Fleetwood   Bezuidenhout  Bradley 

Qatar:  Rai  Kawamura  Crocker  Samooja  Rozner