The Race Place

Golf

Midnight Caller

Keeping it simple this week.

Honda Cassic: Im  e/w and Thompson T20

Kenya: Higgo e/w

Last week Bradley bogeys the last to finish at -4 (31st).So I owe Chris Kirk  a good drink as he was playing in one of the last few groups on Sunday and triple bogeys  the par 4 18th, this pushed the -4 crew into a T29 finish.

Bradley squeezes into T30 ,so a 1/2pt loss last week (could have been worse!)

Round up from last week. Thompson and Im both squeezed into T20 and T8 finishes for profit return, while Higgo double bogeyed one of the last few holes in Kenya to fall out of the e/w prize.

Not around this week, but there is money to be made maybe with some multis on the round robin groups(some favs could get taken down in matchplay) and then the one on one at the WGC matchplay. Plenty of other tournaments on this weekend to choose from ,which is good for you multi players.

Just for an interest this week (no real time to sift through tournaments )I have gone with...

Meronk T20 1/2 pt

Im  e/w 1/2 pt  Only needs to make the Q F to collect. 

Hataoka  e/w  1/2 pt   3rd up after a break (which has trended before) and has course form and 45/1  is overs for the world #7

I haven't backed him, but M Homa is in good form and could win his RR group.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody really out of the blocks last week, Im especially needs to warm that putter up before the Majors!  1 1/2 pt loss.

This week is the first LPGA Major , and for the PGA circuit the last tournament  before  their first Major. Korn Ferry circuit play a new course,  so steering  away from there.

Fav's are way too short for me!

This week: Hoffman , Davis, Ancer, Sheffler, Kim, Palmer, Conners , Wiesberger  Grace  for 1st round leader.

Hoffman e/w

Ko, Thompson, Henderson, Hataoka,  Reid , Popov 1st Round

Ko e/w 11/1  and  Hataoka  T20   14/5

For the muilti players mix it up with the players above, also note LPGA paying T20 this week for muiltis.

Adios

Edited by Midnight Caller

2pt profit from Ko (scraped into the T7) and the unlucky Hoffman, who after being +5 after 15 holes in the first round, stormed back to just fall short.

First of The Majors this week. I am just backing 3 selections as I have numerous single multis  running  with 11 players for all The Majors. For example, this Christmas Ante Thomas- McIlroy- Ralm- Johnson  for £10 @ 20.5k

I'm really keen on Thomas for the green jacket with Im and Smith for value,   roughie would be Harman

Come in VC

Thomas imploded on day3 after looking a real threat! Smith and Harmen held their own and only the  two Matsuyama(  November Masters selection)major multis survived. We finished even for the weekend. 

The LPGA has already  kicked off so for the multi takers, 5 that haven't  teed off yet

Henderson,  Munoz, Ji, Ko, N Korda

Mix it up with...

USA:Kim , Smith, Morikawa,  Fitzpatrick, Ancer, Nimmer (500/1)

Austria: R Hojgaard, Besseling, Crocker, Long (250/1)

This week, I'm  going with...

Kim  e/w        Nimmer  small e/w's

USA: As above with Hoffman, Na and Conners for 1st round leader, and a few  cheeky  doubles over the three tournaments 

• Like 1

Smithy gets us the the bickies, with his first round heroics! Great effort by Ko , dropping just one shot over the four days and should of had more birdies on day 3 by all accounts. Need these players to step up on the last day...

Besseling (minimum T10) doubles

Langer ( Win) and McKenzie (T10) doubles

Morikawa (e/w)doubles

Im (win without Cink in the market)

• 2 weeks later...

After being on radio silence :classic_ninja: last week, we are back on the RP horse!

Last week was a 2 1/2pt spend and another Smith(cash cow)20/1 collect (13 pts) @ 1/2 pt ew, when he teamed up with (and carried)Leishman to win The Zurich. I Spain, Besseling 1/2pt ew faded over the last round to finish  outside the T20, while P Angles 1/2 pt T20 also missed by 2 shots.Missed Higgo last week(that hurt)!

This week it is horses for courses 2 1/2 pt spend with stable runners...

USA: IM and Kokrak   1/2 pt ew

Tenerife: Rolling the dice again  on P Angles  1/2 pt  T20

Add Higgo comment

Kokrak and Angles both faded in the last round, so no return  last week.

This week....

Hovland    Harding    Uihilein  all e/w.

1st round leader: Hovland Harmen Homa Thomas  Mcllroy Im Glover Bradley Grillo Zalatoris. 

For those taking muiltis,  mix it up with...

Hovland Homa Zalatoris-  Harding Canter Meronk Migliozzi- Ko Yang - Uihilein Roach Driscoll Greyserman

Teeing off a day early in the British  Masters, I'm siding with ...

R Hojgaard  1pt ew

1st round leader   Hojgaard  Mc Intyre  Pepperell  Antcliffe  Ramseý  Harding  Valimaiki  Horsfield  Hansen Li  Armitage.

Roughie for the week Kearney 

Usa: Scheffler 1/2pt ew

DeChampbeau just a fraction short in the odds for me!

1st round leader  Scheffler De Champbeau  Kim  Lieshman  Mitchell

Writing was on the wall after the 1st round for Hojgaard(disappointing effort), so it was collateral damage time so attacked 2nd round leader with the selected players above even par for a Mc Intyre win to cancel out Hojgaards 2pts and 1st round loss.

Today I have backed McIntyre  9/2 Pepperell  9/1   Meronk 20/1  to win

Meronk comes up 1 stroke short on 12 under.Kept the interest  up right through to the 18th where he couldn't  find the birdie to get into the playoff. Bland (@140/1)wins his 1st tournament after many years on the tour and rightly so, was full of emotion after the playoff win(well done that man). This week we sit 1 1/2 pts down with Scheffler still to play his last round, but really only has an outside  chance of making a T7 finish. We will finish the week with Scott McCarron (2 shots off the pace)1/2pt @12/1 to win on the Champions  Tour

Just to add salt into the wound  Mc Carren plays 3 of the first 5 holes with a bogey  d/bogey, d/bogey to  end his challenge and a 2pt loss overall  last week.

US PGA this week, so let's throw some ££ at it with...

Mcllroy is back with his old clubs and has changed a few things off the tee when back to winning  form last start andis a course winner. 

From the stable, Hovland and Smith are in good form and feel they are strong chances.

I will join the  small multis crew with the players above and Johnson, Bradley, Leishman,with LPGA players Henderson,  Kim S-Y, Juñtanugarn A, Altomare, Thompson. 

USPGA 1st round leader with players above and 6 others . Roughie for the week V Perez @225/1 .

Come in VC!

Well I can sit back and enjoy  the weekend now, after Conners (taken him 2/3 times in the last couple of months and has been in good form) obliges with the 1st round leader trophy 👏 and a 3pt profit so far. Hovland is still live, as is Smith to a smaller degree, McIllroy??Small multis  in play and a very outside  chance of the major multi continuing with Rory and Im. For an interest on day 2...

2nd round  leader for value  Morikawa  Hatton  Laird 

None of the e/w trio could get to grips with the course last week, so Conners 1st round leader gets us back a fraction under the 3pt profit margin. 

In Europe my selections have the later tee offs.Small E/W's ....

Armitage 90/1   Suri 90/1     Fox 50/1 and  Pulkanan  13/2 T20 finish.

USA :  Na 60/1 @1/2 pt e/w  Werenski  11/2  T20

1st round leader: Two above with Hoffman  Reed  Ancer  Harman  Conners  Kim

Nothing from the 1st round leader this week.Speith was far to short in the betting in the  1st round for me.

We will need alot of luck, but players that have survived the cut....

EuropeArmitage and Pulkanan 

USA: Na and Werenski

Fox was a little disappointing yesterday, I thought the course would suit!

The boys in Europe came good in the last round with T8 and T19 finishes to land us a tidy 5pt profit.

Lots of tournaments  this week ,paying down to 7 and 8 places ...

Small EW's on  Schaper (35/1) Fox (50/1) Horchel (60/1)

Backing the two Ko's in the US Open

T20 finishes  An (10/1)   Pulkkanen (9/2)

Plenty for the multi  takers ,mix it up with some 4 leg multis with...

LPGA: Ko Ko Henderson Thompson

Europe Challenge: Nuutinen Cowen Hedwell Dimmock

Czech Challenge: Schaper Long Ritchie Ko Scalise

European  Open (54 holes) Wiesberger Casey Fox Canter Scrivener Pulkkanen

USA: Morikawa Hovland Matsuyama Reed Horschel An .

Question: Does the NZ Tab only pay down to T5 finish for ew punters or are they lead by the market of others?( T7/ T8 places for ew)

The little  punt on An playing his way out of his form slump on one of his lucky courses never eventuated and surprisingly (this week) is half the price he was last week!Pulled the wrong rein when choosing Fox over Armitage 80/1 last week,  but that's golf!Good to see Armitage  break through for that win.He usually  holds form so keep him in your T10/T20 calculations. 

Pulkkanen is a bit of a "sprayer", and did well in the last round after an early triple bogey for a T19 finish and again  put us in profit of 1 1/2 pts for the week.Some T10 finishes for some of the multi selections, lead by 80/1 Dimmock in Europe. Hoping someone nabbed a nice little combo collect last week.

This week it's two new courses in USA and Sweden....(tread carefully)

USA:  Haven't  taken  my old friend Im @ 25/1 for a few weeks and this new course could level the playing  field. 

Sweden: 3rd run in on the European  tour could see Fox peak @22/1, a much improved  T11 finish last week  ,along with Horsfield @14/1 who seems to come alive at this time of year, in what I see is not an overly strong field.

Muilti takers, mix it up....

Im  Pan  Mitchell   Hatton   Nimmer (300/1)

Fox  Horsfield  Donaldson  Horsey  Hebert  Lagergren (125/1)

Ko  Thompson  Lee J 6   Ji   Kim SY   Yang

Roughie: Nimmer 300/1

Nimmer  gave us a glimmer of hope in the final round, but fell short over the last nine holes! Luckily  I did trad carefully on those new courses with a loss of just over 1 1/2 pts.

This week...

Already have Blomstrand running in Spain, which kicked off on Tuesday. I have had my eye on him for a while and is a much better player than his ranking, so keep tracks on him on the European  circuit  in the  coming  weeks.

USA: Morikawa 1/2pt ew

For the muilti takers and my 1st round  leaders  Morikawa  Hovland  Homa Mickelson  Kokrak  Rahm  Hoffman

LPGA: L Ko   Henderson   Thompson   Altomare  Oh  Hataoka  Park SH

Korn Ferry:  Uihilein  Schnell  Schniederjans  Wolf

Roughies:  Poulter 180/1  and Park SH  both value  for T20

Just about teeing off in Europe...

Rozner  e/w  with this lot for my 1st round leader and the muilti takers.

Rozner  Garcia  Caitlin  Horsfield  Wiesberger  Larrazabel  Fox(one more time)

France: Long  Ko  Plant  Gadecki Lacriox

LPGA: Korda N e/w    Ist round (me) and  multi takers  Altomare  Thompson  Maguire Henderson  Jutanugarn  Tavatanakit   Lee min

USA: 1st rd  Streelman Bradley  Smith Cantlay Harman Scheffler

Rougies for this  week   Pavan 500/1

Park SH 350/1

Last week Blomstrand couldn't finish  it off andPoulter was looking likely  for a T20 finish until his back nine meltdown. Morikawa was slow out of the gate,but finished strong for a T4 finish.Well done to Rahm for deserved win after having to pull out last start when six strikes clear.One 4 timer T10 for you multi takers @179/1 last week

So after all that Morikawa  brings a 1pt profit for the week.Plenty of tournaments  this week to choose your favourite  players from!

Just got time to put these up for this week as they tee off in Ireland! Rory way too short, but still should be in the hunt!

Horsfield and Rozner ew. Lowry win.

1st round: above with  Sullivan Bezuidenhout Harding Fox Hojgaard Crocker Samooja.

Blomstrand  small ew

Redman ew   

Already have Thitikul running in Europe

Roughies :  Coussand and  Strakka

Good Luck

Quick round up of results from  the last couple of weeks. 

Weekend 24th June saw Horsfield lead up the peleton for a first round  collect and the rock solid N Korda nails a win on the LPGA tour.We finish the  week with a healthy  10.5pt profit.

Last week Horsfield  pulls up sore after round one, while Sullivan, Bezuidenhout and Crocker all came up just short in the first round. Rozner battled well and surprisingly  didn't  finish  off the last round like normally does. 3.5 pt collect off Thitikul and a final round 3.5 pts from Cam Davis, we finished the week 2.5 pts in profit. A good fortnight's work!