The Race Place

Golf

Midnight Caller

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Nelly Korda plays like golf just like me....I always double bogey the last for 62 😂

The 18th tripped up a few of the boys on that course last week.The double  bogey has given the  chasing pack a small chance of gold.

Korda is going along nicely, she was a little short in the odds for me this week,but you live and learn in this golf game.

• Like 1

Early kick  off in Kent and Scotland tomorrow. 

Scotland: Minjee Lee E/W impressed winning  The Evian- with Thitikul Hur Pedersen  Ko Tavatanakit

England: Played well in The Open just down the road from this course Siem - with Kawamura Hojgaard Korhonen Bland Wiesberger

US: Simpson- pt E/W loves this course- with Im  Na  Hughes   Kim  Reavie

Roughies  Putnam  and  Quiros

Round up of last two weeks  tomorrow. 

• Like 1

LPGA girls are in for a rough ride today! Wind really getting up in the afternoon! 2nd round leader/ highest round  score looks the market today.Like yesterday  early  tees could hold the value key.

Same could be said for Kent this morning! Conditions not as bad, but breeze will get up in the afternoon. 

Edited by Midnight Caller

First, what we have on today.

Simpson triple  bogey on the 14th yesterday has  all but stopped his chance of winning the tournament. But not is all lost as he is two shots off McCumber in second place, and a backable 8/1 without Henley  in the market. Siem has a chance of making the E/W frame in Kent, Minjee never comfortable in the colder windy conditions and misses the cut in Scotland.Took on a new E/W Lucky 15 bet and will trial over the next couple of months (about £20 overall investment).

This week : Simpson Kawamura Pendrith Weir

Bland Im  Skinns Langer

Simpson Korhonen Uilein Langer

Simpson Seim Pendrith Weir

As it stands, possibly  money back from place money.

Internet supplier issues last night[i blame the Russian]👁️‍🗨️

We are back and raring to get[ hopefully] into some of that bookies golf money!

LPGA:  There is no reason why the form from last week can't hold up this week! So we are running with...

Thitikul E/W with  Ko  Jutanagun A   Maguire  M Lee  you have to throw Korda in for muiltis.last off the list was Noh.

Checz Open:  Pulkkanen E/W  with  Horsfield  Janewattananond  Bermeister  Shinkwin Hojgaard and roughie Slattery

USA: Morikawa E/W  with Rahm  English  Simpson  Cantalay  Johnson

Korn Ferry Tour: You have a few players dropping down to the Korn Ferry Armour  Herbert An MacIntyre Bezuidenhout and one Korn Ferry regular who plays this course well is Albertson.

Lucky 15 experiment: Got back £76 last week from Skinns winning at 40/1 and Bland running a place.

£21 spend on five combos...

Morikawa/Thitikul/Burmeister/MacIntyre

Kelly/Janewattananond/Jutanagurn/English

Rahm/Ko/Horsfield/Herbert

Sutherland/Thitikul/Horsfield/Morikawa

Pulkkanen/Cantalay/Minjee Lee/Furyk

Rougies this week;  Slattery@130 and   Ayaka@

On 8/19/2021 at 8:01 PM, Midnight Caller said:

Thitikul E/W with  Ko  Jutanagun A   Maguire  M Lee  you have to throw Korda in for muiltis.last off the list was Noh.

I am wondering if the schedule of playing the Scottish Open is catching up with Ariya and Lydia. 

I think Minjee Lee is nicely placed only 3 back. She must be playing good golf as she had 2 horrible doubles in her first round, other than that going nicely. It is kind of a shame it is not forecast to be windy around that course because it would play into Minjee's hands even better.

Full attention on the golf now there is no racing in NZ.

38 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks Off said:

What price did you get MC with him being 5 under after 10

Early this morning  Stevie! Migliozza with 3 bogeys  in the 1st three holes was a red flag from an investment  point of view Stevie! Lee was on my short list with Hojgaard,  Harding, Wallace, Crocker and Campillo. Took him earlier when at -2 @28/1. Straight players needed for this course.

Not really a muilti  taker, but have a couple of  Lucky 15's running with Rahm, Migliozza and Lewis with a  couple of Gee gees ,which I will put up in the PP section  tomorrow.

All the best

Min Woo untapped ability a kid that can shoot lights out, he’s the type of player I always think about first round leader, if he can keep the double triple bogey’s of his card he’s going to win a lot more tournaments 

Tour Championship I’m with you MC Rahm all the way! not convinced Cantlay can back up, or if East lakes suits him

• Like 1

Agree, Lee( pre tee 55-60/1) is a regular on the shortlist and I was impressed  with what he did in the Scottish  Open.

Originally  went with Migliozza because  of home advantage and is one of only a few that have played the course. Keen on Rahm in both the handicap  and 72 hole markets.

Cursing I didn't  take 1st rnd leader this week.🙄 But we can't back them all and also stay in budget!

• Like 1

Apologies  Just haven't had time to put these up this week.

Last week three players went close to  a return, Hadwin and Pereira just short for 1st rnd leader,but not to be with a 3 1/2 pt loss.

I have left the Ryder Cup alone, not a betting market for me!

I've  gone to Japan, Portugal , LPGA and the old boys in the USA. 

Japan: I have backed him a couple of times and looks like he has started well,my fav named Japanese  player Kinoshita@16/1

Portugal: Schneider @50/1   V Lopes top Portuguese player and T 20 finish. 

LPGA: Minjee Lee @19/1

Champions Tour: S Flesch @15/1

2 1/2 pt spend

• Like 1

Teeing off in Scotland  in a couple of hours.

Scotland: Lee- course should be no problem, just hoping he can handle the predicted  changeable weather over the weekend. 1st Rnd=Lee  Pulkkanen  Meronk  Lagergren  Lewis  Nienaber  Forrest  Perez.

USA: Davis with 1st rnd= Im  Burns  Hughes  Ortiz  Bradley   Ramey  Kim  Conners. 

European Challenge Tour: No reason why  Schneider can't go back to back wins, as he has won here before.

Apologies,  absolutely  snowed under this week! This how I see the weekend...

Spain: Didn't  fancy much with big Jonny Rahm@9/4 hot fav in the field, but have gone with Arnaus without  JR in the field and Drysdale T20

USA: Most of mine are teeing off in the next 2/3 hours.

Hadwin Burns Scheffler  E/W

Laird T20 and adding 1st round leader  Im  Ramey  Ortiz  Wolf