The Race Place

Spring Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

To win:

Too Fast need-

Masaff to win for Robert and Rex

OR

Just Thinkin' to win for Geoff (must pay $11.30+ or Poetic Charmer complete the Q)

The Superiors need-

Just Thinkin' to win for Steve (must pay $6.50+ or Minted complete the Q)

OR

Kinane or Minted to win for Sharne

No Eye Deer need-

Yonkers or McCormack to win for Jen

OR

Cinquedea to win for Ashoka

OR

Poetic Charmer to win for Ashoka (must pay $6.00+ or Cinquedea to complete the Q)

The Reapers can't win

2 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Guinness book of records material this. Posts 30 secs after fields are posted and nails $449 with one to go. Am I on your mailing list Robert ????

Only a superb reply by our esteemed master holds him at bay. 

A very selective mailing list Rees ... comprises 4 individuals only :-

Geoff Too Fast
Gee Too Fast

Howie Too Fast
Rex Too Fast

Information is too commercially sensitive to be spread any wider than that. Loose lips sink ships, and all that.  😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PWJ said:

To win:

Too Fast need-

Just Thinkin' to win for Geoff (must pay $11.30+ or Poetic Charmer complete the Q)

Geoff could be about to set PJ Super Comp history ........and with the long history of PJ Super Comps that's very hard to do.

Just Thinkin is paying $9.90

8 wins and loses ?
Glad you don't buy my lotto tickets, pal ! 😔

I'm not sure I like the look of this Team Pumped - bloused in the last race by one horse!

Well played No Eye Deer - you got the bob in at the right time.

Gordy you were too tough for me - as Jake the Muss said "Too many weights, not enough speed work" for the Squirrel.

We will return victorious though - Team PUMPED

• Like 3

Round 1 - Saturday Aug 22

Race 10 - Randwick R8

1st - 17 McCormack W-$10.90 

2nd - 9 Think It Over Q-$41.00  

Scr: 12,13,15

3 MAXISQUILLIONS

$1253.20

2 points

2 SUPERIORS

$1131.40

0 points

None of the Superiors three chances yelped in the straight so the Maxisquillions held on to win in the last where no one found the Wyong wuffie. Rob edged Max for Man of the Match honours while Sharne - unlucky to draw Max - was MVP for The Superiors. No bonus points were earned.

435.60 Max

409.00 Sharne

0.00 Georgy Boy

67.40 Pete

451.20 Rob

231.00 Mardy

56.00 Graeme

251.00 Punter Pete

310.40 Heather

181.00 Steve P

3 BLACKBOOKERS 

$1699.40

3 points

2 TOO FAST

$1611.40

1 point

Masaff tried hard but couldn't round it off for The Too fasts while Just Thinkin's price came in too much so the Blackbookers held on to win after a torrid battle. No one found the Eurozone roughie. Debutant Dino was a magnificent Man of the Match while Robert (good battle mate) was an unlucky MVP for The Too Fast franchise. Each side took a bonus point for a team profit. Terrific contest ! Well done team 👍

315.00 Richie

298.40 Rex

507.40 Dino

395.00 Geoff

196.00 Maurice

214.00 Gee

211.00 Midnight C

254.80 Howie

470.00 PJ

449.20 Robert

1 REAPERS

$632.40

0 points  

4 DAYLIGHT

$873.40

3 points

Daylight had it wrapped up before the last (sundown) where no one found the O'Hara winner. The Crucible was Man of the Match and the only player in profit while Jack - the only personal winner for The Reapers was their MVP in this low-scoring affair. Daylight took a bonus point for the 4-1 margin.

72.00 Tom

112.00 Ian

151.40 Hesi

224.00 The Crucible

165.00 Roland

206.00 Pam

68.00 Craig

207.40 John

176.00 Jack

124.00 Ray

3 NO EYE DEER

$1113.20

2 points 

2 PUMPED

$983.00

0 points

Pumped all missed again in the last as Jen bagged a beaut BB to down Rees (who else?) and win the match for No Eye Deer who lost the lead as early as race 3 and spent all day trying to get back ahead. Jen was just edged by 40 cents by Gordy for MVP honours for No Eye Deer while Moose was Man of the Match with just 2 winners ! No bonus points were earned. 

67.40 Porky

262.00 Ziggy

325.40 Gordy

104.00 Blind Squirrel

325.00 Jen

199.00 Rees

155.00 Stevie N

58.00 Gary

240.40 Ashoka

360.00 Moose

Table after Round 1

1st 3 Blackbookers $1699.40

2nd 3 Daylight $873.40

3rd 2 Maxisquillions $1253.20

4th 2 No Eye Deer $1113.20

5th 1 Too Fast $1611.40

6th 0 Superiors $1131.40

7th 0 Pumped $983.00

8th 0 Reapers $632.40

Grand game the 'Blackbookers' v 'Too Fast'.
We were in front most of the day, and even though we were run down late it's hard to feel too sad when the game was so high-scoring and competitive, and my "teamies" Rex, Robert, Gee and Geoff all performed so very well. Geoff with 7 winners very unlucky and even winner Gee nosed out on more than one occasion at good odds..
The decisive moment in the game was when 34-1 shot Amazing Ass (maybe I shoulda used spell-check !) got up for not one but two 'Blackbookers' - PJ and Dino. I don't think any team in PJ Super Comp history has won when a $30+ winner has come in for more than one of its opponents, and we were no exception.
Consolation of course for 'Too Fast' was a treasured team profit point, and I'm confident there'll be more of them to come.
Well done the 'Blackbookers' .... 2nd favourites in my book to take out the Title after 'The Superiors'. A top effort from your luminaries today, led well by a very diligent and super competent scorer and commentator PJ. Gonna be very, very hard to head off the 'Blackbookers' in this comp.

Thanks for another excellent day's entertainment, PJ. What a Spring it will be, with this very fine comp to look forward to each Saturday.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, JustPlodded said:

Well that was an anticlimax.
Where is this #17 I thought? It seems I was out of paper when printing out the form guides and the last page had only one horse... #17. Never mind it will probably by scratched ... wrong again!

Come on, Geoff....keep up !  The starting roster is for a select few ...and the reserves bench is long . Just saying. 🙂.
we can't be having rookie errors this early in proceedings.
Do you need a PA ? 😊

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PWJ said:

The Reapers had it wrapped up before the last where no one found the O'Hara winner. 

I like this better

Well done Daylight, too good today in a low scoring match.

Roll on next week Reapers, just a bit of blade sharpening today, a long way to go

Thanks as always PJ for running this comp

Great to see the way so many are warming to the comp with the barrage of banter

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

STATS

Best Scores
507.40 Dino
470.00 PJ
451.20 Rob
449.20 Robert
435.60 Max

Worst Scores 

67.40 Pete

67.40 Porky

58.00 Gary

56.00 Graeme

0.00 Georgy Boy

Most Wins

7 Geoff

6 Heather

5 Richie

5 Sharne

Most Quinellas
2 Gordy

2 Ziggy

Biggest Winning Margin
325.40 Gordy
104.00 Blind Squirrel

Narrowest Winning Margin
315.00 Richie

298.40 Rex

Highest Losing Score
449.20 Robert

Lowest Winning Score
67.40 Pete

6 minutes ago, Sir Gallivant said:

Congratulations Richie and team Blackbookers ..... dare I say this early on.... potentially see u in the FINAL !!!!!

Good effort team .... as i have learned those bonus points become very important in the final wash up !!!! 

matches to come gonna be fun 

Thanks Rex

Was a great contest,Smallest winning gmargin and I needed 5 winners in a row to peg you back.

• Like 2

With all due respect Howie, you would have to be spewing today, a performance that could be up there with as well as many can do in this comp, and just the 1 point.

Let's see what you guys are made of, and can you bounce back from this.....joker material methinks

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Gallivant said:

Congratulations Richie and team Blackbookers ..... dare I say this early on.... potentially see u in the FINAL !!!!!

Good effort team .... as i have learned those bonus points become very important in the final wash up !!!! 

matches to come gonna be fun 

Stop it Rex, you've got that morphine turned up too high again

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ROUND 2 - Sat Aug 29

Meetings will be Riccarton, Tauranga and Caulfield

BLACKBOOKERS (1st) vs PUMPED (7th)

Richie v Blind Squirrel

Dino v Gary

PJ v Rees

Midnight C v Moose

Maurice v Ziggy

SUPERIORS (6th) vs DAYLIGHT (2nd)

Pete v Pam

Steve P v Ian

Sharne v The Crucible

Punter Pete v John

Mardy v Ray

MAXISQUILLIONS (3rd) vs TOO FAST (5th)

Max v Howie

Georgy Boy v Geoff

Rob v Rex

Graeme v Robert

Heather v Gee

NO EYE DEER (4th) vs REAPERS (8th)

Porky v Tom

Jen v Hesi

Ashoka v Craig

Gordy v Roland

Stevie N v Jack

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

With all due respect Howie, you would have to be spewing today, a performance that could be up there with as well as many can do in this comp, and just the 1 point.

Let's see what you guys are made of, and can you bounce back from this.....joker material methinks

astonishing also that Daylight couldn't find many winners in a 'low scoring affair' but still end up with a 4-1 victory...the beauty of these SuperDuper Comps