The Race Place

Trackside radio

Hesi

Just following on about this

I initially thought this was a negative move, but

If you want to bet, you'll find away of viewing or hearing it, other than just reading the results on the TAB website

A bit of a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face, for those that don't

TAB website radio or TV through your smart phone or tablet

Record the days racing on MySky

The NZTR website, replays without results section.

Most people new to racing and wagering will do one of the above, certainly all the BGP crowd will be tech'd up with smart phones

Seems to be a resistance among the 60 year plus crowd, but I guess you can't please everyone

19 minutes ago, Hesi said:

If you want to bet, you'll find away of viewing or hearing it, other than just reading the results on the TAB website

A bit of a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face, for those that don't

Most people new to racing and wagering will do one of the above, certainly all the BGP crowd will be tech'd up with smart phones

Seems to be a resistance among the 60 year plus crowd, but I guess you can't please everyone

Sir

I resent the implicit ageism of your statement about the 60 plus crowd.

Angry of Wellsford.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Hesi said:

Resistance is damn right.

It is much much more than being able to listen to races 'live' while travelling; it is the absence of discussion/news/people/industry issues/previews and reviews. Modern media 'platforms' give people more options on how to access info but the amount of original info being generated about our industry right now is PATHETICALLY LOW.

First group race less than a fortnite away. Who's going there? Who's not?

First major carnival of the new season is less than a month away. How much do we know of owners/trainers' plans for their horses? Stuff-all. 

MM

28 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Are there any turnover figures published anywhere?

If they were broke in March I'm guessing they are broker now. If Maximus or others know where the money is then I'd  love to see it.

Don't see how they can fund any racing in October/November.

Edited by curious