The Race Place

English PL Highlights and lowlights

craigos1

6 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Indeed you did Pete,

Reading it said Leeds only had 2 attempts all match.

How many games are there?

Not sure what you're asking.

Watched the 2nd half and Albion controlled it well. Pitch was awful. Must have been like wading through treacle.

14 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Sorry didn't word that very well.

How many games (Premier League) does each team play?

Has season been shortened because of Covid?

I think they still play 36 games. They're playing more midweek matches to compensate.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 10:39 AM, ngakonui grass said:

Wayne (f....ng) Rooney manager of Derby County.Hows that going to go>

Rooney can't do any worse than Phillip Cocu who had transformed Derby County from a top tier championship team into a skittery goal shy side that routinely conceded goals in the last 5 minutes of the match.  

Yesterday's win over Bournemouth is a step in the right direction, however ownership issues have become a huge distraction with delays & uncertainty around player & staff payments.  With the threat of administration hanging over the club, Rooney's Derby will do well just to avoid relegation this season.

It was a big call to make Wayne Rooney permanent coach but so it was with Frank Lampard. 

cheers
R

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rayzor said:

Rooney can't do any worse than Phillip Cocu who had transformed Derby County from a top tier championship team into a skittery goal shy side that routinely conceded goals in the last 5 minutes of the match.  

Yesterday's win over Bournemouth is a step in the right direction, however ownership issues have become a huge distraction with delays & uncertainty around player & staff payments.  With the threat of administration hanging over the club, Rooney's Derby will do well just to avoid relegation this season.

It was a big call to make Wayne Rooney permanent coach but so it was with Frank Lampard. 

cheers
R

You'll find that Derby become Wayne Rooney's Derby just like Chelsea have become Frank Lampard's Chelsea.

I really have my doubts about this.

Remember Gary Neville's foray into management?

uh oh disaster GIF by PBS

24 minutes ago, pete said:

You'll find that Derby become Wayne Rooney's Derby just like Chelsea have become Frank Lampard's Chelsea.

I really have my doubts about this.

Remember Gary Neville's foray into management?

uh oh disaster GIF by PBS

Frank Lampard took Derby to the championship play-off final. He had as much manager experience as Rooney when he was appointed. 

The odds are against Rooney succeeding but why shouldn't he be given an opportunity? He's been in the Derby setup for over a year.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rayzor said:

Frank Lampard took Derby to the championship play-off final. He had as much manager experience as Rooney when he was appointed. 

The odds are against Rooney succeeding but why shouldn't he be given an opportunity? He's been in the Derby setup for over a year.

You're right Ray. I'm just overly suspicious of top players who go for management. Many of them don't have what it takes.

Rooney may well be the exception. Time will tell.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 12:46 PM, Midnight Caller said:

Just watching  MOTD now Pete! Good solid effort  all round tonight by the Seagulls.

Leeds looked a little unlucky Craig.

You're right there numerous chances but saying that Everton goalie was in great form.

Nice to get 2-0 win over Palace though yesterday.

Going along ok for there first year back in the premier league.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Leeds had a gritty win over Sheffield United 2~1

Sheffield have been nemesis of Leeds more times than I'd like to remember.

Leeds now over 40 points.

Really happy with their efforts.

You've had a really great season Craig. You should be proud of your team.

I'd like to think my boys can give Manure a bit of a run for their money tomorrow morning.

Premier League Football GIF by Prime Video

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 8:54 PM, pete said:

You're right Ray. I'm just overly suspicious of top players who go for management. Many of them don't have what it takes.

Rooney may well be the exception. Time will tell.

image.png.1bbaca87892bec29349807faf94dcd8a.png

You may have been right after all Pete. Not looking good for the rams. ☹️

Edited by Rayzor

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

I heard on the radio Pete, that the Chelsea manager was blaming the distraction of the Super League goings on, for the 0-0 draw with your beloved Seagulls

They were crap. We should've won. Lallana missed an open goal and Welbeck hit the post.

I love my team at the moment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...