The Race Place

English PL Highlights and lowlights

craigos1

20 minutes ago, Maximus said:

In School C era Max caught the school bus every day (twice) and spent most of the 25k journey studying Turf Digest, Best Bets and the Friday Flash ..if memory serves, the Flash was studied on Fridays but don't take my word for it, I failed School C biology.

In some parts of Auckland like Grey Lynn(it was working man's, territory then), the Friday Flash was available on Thurs late afternoon, so a quick trip in from West Auckland.  And that was before the North Western motorway was built

7 hours ago, Maximus said:

pse post the evidence. I don't doubt your brilliance just wanna see the marks ..(Max sat School C in '72, and he did not trouble the scorers too much!)

Maths 86

English 83

Geography 78

History 73

French 66

Latin 42

It's amazing that I can still remember the marks.

• Like 3

It looks like I'm gonna have to get Spark Sport.

Enjoy the Champions League and I was told today that now is on Spark .............. can someone confirm that before I subscribe.

Now I only get 120gig Broadband being Rural Broadband at home

however

Unlimited on my phone

I have a cord from my phone to spare TV So I can do that.

Everyone says use this or that on your phone but as soon as I use those options the phone (cell) changes to WIFI which is as I've said is only 120gigs.

18 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

It looks like I'm gonna have to get Spark Sport.

Enjoy the Champions League and I was told today that now is on Spark .............. can someone confirm that before I subscribe.

Now I only get 120gig Broadband being Rural Broadband at home

however

Unlimited on my phone

I have a cord from my phone to spare TV So I can do that.

Everyone says use this or that on your phone but as soon as I use those options the phone (cell) changes to WIFI which is as I've said is only 120gigs.

Yep just checked Spark Sport and Champions League is on there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pete said:

Big thing about Spark Sport is you can stream straight onto your Smart TV via app.

OK as you may realise I'm not necessarily the most confident with computer language.

I suspect my phone will as soon I hit it too go to Smart TV will use home WIFI which is NO good.

I have just hit Spark Sport and have 7 day free trial.

Guess I'll try and watch Cricket later.

8 hours ago, craigos1 said:

Ok Pete

I now have the app

Treat me like a moron!

Tell me how to put onto smart TV WITHOUT using home WIFI.

Cheers.

You would have to set your phone up as a mobile hotspot and then connect your TV to that instead of your home wifi.

Don't forget to turn wifi off on your phone otherwise you will still be using home wifi via the mobile hotspot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...