The Race Place

English PL Highlights and lowlights

craigos1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Dancing Show said:

Staying above that line LB  🥂

only just !! my son is a die-hard Leeds supporter , so cheer them for him . He loves Man City too !!!!

He came 'home' to sleep over and try and beat my team CHELSEA in the Champions League Final and ended up hiding under the Blanket in the lounge as the mighty Blues took Victory !! . I took him to Sydney as I won a comp getting accomadation and a driver from airport, when Chelsea came out here Winter 2015 as the EPL champions,  and they beat Syd United 1-0

I have back up team of Leicester City Foxes too. even had a dollar on them when they won the very next season.

Hard to get a 1000-1 shot too. (unless you are Dancing Show at Kaikoura today lol...) copy of winning ticket in photo.

DSC02513.JPG

• Like 1

I do love teams that do what they can to survive and pull out the big plays in important games,  I'd love to see Leeds stay in EPL.    But .. you obviously haven't looked at my profile 🙂  I've been a Chelsea supporter since 1972, in saying that, have to admit when living in London in the late 80's,  I did start supporting Wimbledon as well, as lived in East Dulwich and the Wombles will always have a huge place in my heart, they took us to the FA Cup the following year 🙂  fantastic day and night.    Teams surviving and coming back in following years are special, Wolves are a good example.. and Leeds are another, Leeds just need to sort out their away game fans 🙂 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

I do love teams that do what they can to survive and pull out the big plays in important games,  I'd love to see Leeds stay in EPL.    But .. you obviously haven't looked at my profile 🙂  I've been a Chelsea supporter since 1972, in saying that, have to admit when living in London in the late 80's,  I did start supporting Wimbledon as well, as lived in East Dulwich and the Wombles will always have a huge place in my heart, they took us to the FA Cup the following year 🙂  fantastic day and night.    Teams surviving and coming back in following years are special, Wolves are a good example.. and Leeds are another, Leeds just need to sort out their away game fans 🙂 

Yes !! Leicester only stayed up by the skin of their teeth , and won the Title next season, 5 years ago. Vardy was playing so well and I liked the team structure. Kante doing well for Chelsea now too. (man of the match Champions League final)

Only been here a couple of weeks so didn't know about your Chelsea support. You would of had a blast with me in May this year, as the Champions League winner !! son Matt was distressed lol.... as Man City supporter. excellent !! lol...

Love wearing my Chelsea (or Brisbane Lions gear) and supporting the harness racing. Great job !! by you today tipping.

DSC02514.JPG

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

My brother supports Tottenham Hotspur.. has done for many years.. so not the best weekend for him 🙂 

Well guess Spurs had their moment in time to win something,  the 'Champions League' 2 years ago , but Mohamed the Egyptian, put them to the 'sword' , as he is still doing every week now.

Tell your brother Chelsea is where it's at , and we are taking GLORY this season again !!!!!! (hopefully lol) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Kante doing well for Chelsea now too. (man of the match Champions League final)

He's an exciting player that makes his own good fortune on the field and Dave rates him as one of the best players in the world 🙂     Azpilicueta (Dave) would have to be my fave though now that Drogba has departed.  He's a solid player.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 9:31 AM, Midnight Caller said:

Looks like Ole is Gunnar get it tonight,as Man U  board meet , after a heavy loss to Watford  tonight. ZZ is one of many names being thrown  around along  with Pouchatino and Mancini.Personally I  can't  see ZZ taking it on.

Goneburger.

My bet is Poch next season. Meanwhile they are going to flap about doing very little until May.

No sympathy. They're my least favourite team apart from Crippled Alice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Some lowlights from Leeds v Tottenham

Actually I thought whilst losing Leeds were much better.

Big grudge match this week Pete v Craig!

Bring it on Craig. We're not in great form at the moment so expect you to roll us.

Having said that our recent record is good against you.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 8:33 PM, pete said:

Goneburger.

My bet is Poch next season. Meanwhile they are going to flap about doing very little until May.

No sympathy. They're my least favourite team apart from Crippled Alice.

Its weird but with Ronaldo back I feel I have to watch!

I reckon his discipline to being to keep himself so fit at his age now is a credit.

In the Champions League match this week against Villareal the amount of tracking back he did I thought was outstanding.

My prediction on new manager is ZZ who says no amount of money would make him want the job!!

Man U will just keep upping the amount until he becomes interested!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

I reckon his discipline to keep himself so fit at his age now is a credit.

In the Champions League match this week against Villareal the amount of tracking back he did I thought was outstanding.

My prediction on new manager is ZZ who says no amount of money would make him want the job!!

3 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

I reckon his discipline to being to keep himself so fit at his age now is a credit.

It looks like Rangnick for the rest of the season then probably Poch. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 7:29 PM, craigos1 said:

Some lowlights from Leeds v Tottenham

Actually I thought whilst losing Leeds were much better.

Big grudge match this week Pete v Craig!

Well the draw was just about a fair result although the usual story with us. Hit the post a few times and Maupay (who looks shot to bits at the moment) missed a couple of sitters.

You know the cupboard's bare striker wise when you have to bring on Locadia. The guy's a complete donkey.

Two points lost from my point of view.

• Like 1