The Race Place

English PL Highlights and lowlights

craigos1

• 2 weeks later...

Gee Craigos we have a large injury list and looks that many will be out for some time. Probably best we play the top teams now so that we get the weaker teams when hopefully we can get most of the injured back.

But hey we have been to hell and back many times, we are all used to this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, pete said:

Do you think Bielsa has had his day?

Pete, he won't adapt his method to suit the circumstance. Today they stood no chance but the next few games they need to park the bus and eke out some results that will put points in the bank with a scoring on the break strategy rather than the full press. Otherwise they are in deep shit. Bamford's absence has really hurt them this season. I still see them staying up by the skin of their teeth.

• Like 1

Just now, PWJ said:

Pete, he won't adapt his method to suit the circumstance. Today they stood no chance but the next few games they need to park the bus and eke out some results that will put points in the bank with a scoring on the break strategy rather than the full press. Otherwise they are in deep shit. Bamford's absence has really hurt them this season. I still see them staying up by the skin of their teeth.

Yes I have a feeling they may just stay up but Burnley's revival puts them on shaky ground, especially with Newcastle also appearing to be on an upward trajectory.

2 hours ago, pete said:

Yes I have a feeling they may just stay up but Burnley's revival puts them on shaky ground, especially with Newcastle also appearing to be on an upward trajectory.

If Trippier can make it back for the last few games Newcastle should survive. They might just anyway. Brentford are in freefall and I expect them to go down, Norwich & watford to accompany them

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brown fox said:

Well thats turned around pretty quick.If Newcastle's new owner gets his checkbook out next year the Geordie

fans might finally get a team they deserve.And welcome back Sky😁

I'm hoping Sky will at the very least show every game and hopefully on demand. Not holding my breath.

Very sad! Unfortunately he never adjusted his playing style as we have had horrific injuries for some months and have virtually been down to a reserve team.

We shall be ever grateful to Bielsa for returning us to the EPL. 

I have been a Leeds fan since I was a young boy and they have taken me to hell and back many times. However, for me  to walk through those iron gates at Elland Road  and join 35k other fans is the most amazing experience. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...