The Race Place

Trump - Biden

Steve Paul

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many so called celebs have stated that they intend to leave the USA should Trump return to the WhiteHouse.

I say good and don't come back.

For the average Joe living in the USA they at certain times during their life may require a Vet,Doctor,Lawyer,Builder,Plumber,Accountant,Teacher just to name a few.

They won't ever require a so-called celebrity.

• 2 weeks later...

If you were into betting on politics - this election has provided so much variance in odds, it's incredible. During the counting, Trump went down as low as 1.24 on Betfair (now at 6.2), after starting at 3s. And similar range for Biden - so depending on who you liked, you could have got very good odds for either.

And some of the individual state betting has been equally volatile.

I haven't been betting, but have found it all quite entertaining.

On 10/25/2020 at 4:46 PM, ngakonui grass said:

Many so called celebs have stated that they intend to leave the USA should Trump return to the WhiteHouse.

I say good and don't come back.

For the average Joe living in the USA they at certain times during their life may require a Vet,Doctor,Lawyer,Builder,Plumber,Accountant,Teacher just to name a few.

They won't ever require a so-called celebrity.

Yes, I read a statement about how the list should be longer.  The last thing America needs is more celebrities passing judgement from behind their gated compounds

I recall, a lot of people were going to leave NZ if Jacinda got in.  There are a few I would be down at the airport to see them off, just to make sure:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

Yes been following it through the NY Times

Biden is edging ahead in those key states that Trump had good leads in last night, so he should take it, but Trump will wriggle.

IMO Biden will win however i think he has been the wrong candidate to get the Dems message thru to the people.

Like Schumer,Shiff and Pelosi he concentrated on attacking Trump and not pushing the""what i intend to do for you and this country"".

Looking at him last night he looked frail so Harris may become very important and frankly a lot of people don't like her and her politics.

Just pleased that i don't live there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hesi said:

All down to Nevada and it's 6 electoral college votes, which takes Biden to 270

75% of the vote counted and Biden leads by 7,600 votes 49.3 to 48.7%

If Trump loses here, he will file for a judicial recount, what a mess

Even though behind in Georgia and Pennsylvania - he is favourite for both in betting.

11 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Biden, but is strong fav to win Pa on betfair and slight fav to win Ga

If he wins those and Nevada, he gets to about 306

According to Associated Press, in PA, Trump is ahead 50.8/48 with 87% counted

GA, Trump ahead 49.8/49 with 98 % counted

2 minutes ago, Hesi said:

According to Associated Press, in PA, Trump is ahead 50.8/48 with 87% counted

GA, Trump ahead 49.8/49 with 98 % counted

That's right - Trump ahead, and Biden favourite on betting for both. (I think that is what I wrote 🙂 )

Pa - Biden is at 1.18 to win, Trump at 5.5

Ga - Biden is at 1.74, Trump at 2.24

Edited by mardigras

5 hours ago, Hesi said:

I don't get it, not a big follower of US politic though

GA Trump is ahead with almost all the votes counted

Might not be 100% correct, but I understand that AP were working on the % based on some formula against the previous election. But voting has been a lot greater this time. So if there are still a large number of votes to count, and I understand that the majority of those are postal or absentee votes. And the view is that as much as 70% of those are Democrat votes - meaning he can make up shortfalls pretty quickly. 

Looking at GA now, he is nearly equal and they are still saying 98% counted. Odds wise, Biden is now into 1.50 there.

• Thanks 1

Trump will still continue legal action,which under the constitution is ok.

Sad day for America when one candidate doesn't think  and the other who doesn't know what to think.

Please would somebody please rise from the murky country and take the bull by the horns.

Candidates include? and while your at it get rid of McConnell and Pelosi.

12 hours ago, mardigras said:

if you really believe Trump has lost - go to betfair ,you can lay him off for thousands at 20 - 23. 

23k in your account, easy 1k - unless he is the next pres.

Oddly, even the T&C's on this suggest the market should be over. As it refers to projected electoral college votes, not who becomes president (unless the former is a tie). Not sure why Betfair haven't settled the market - but there is a bit of an outcry about it on SM.