The Race Place

Raceform subscription

pete

Unimpressed to say the least. I paid for 3 months on Tuesday because no shop where I live seems to stock it.

Come Friday post and no Raceform. I ring the 0800 number and the nice young lady says, yes it's at your local courier depot awaiting delivery. This was 10am today. As of now no courier no Raceform and I'm officially pissed off.

I'll be canceling on Monday.

Yep understand your angst.

I live in a rural delivery area and couldn't guarantee be here by Friday........hence wouldn't get till Monday......no Saturday delivery.

On the plus side for me generally available Sth Dunedin TAB by Thursday lunchtime.

Must say it is a good read.

23 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Yep understand your angst.

I live in a rural delivery area and couldn't guarantee be here by Friday........hence wouldn't get till Monday......no Saturday delivery.

On the plus side for me generally available Sth Dunedin TAB by Thursday lunchtime.

Must say it is a good read.

I was really looking forward to it today.

Whether it would have made any difference to my picking ability in PJs comp is highly debatable.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Mardy said:

What was the outcome of the chat Pete?..just for curiosity's sake.

Pick one:classic_smile:

1.  Pete has a new job at Raceform

2.  Pete has a date

3.  Liz is going to join TRP and give us all form updates....that would be nice

By the way Mardy, congratulations on becoming a Dad.  We have a new one in our household(not mine), and she is a joy to behold, even though Mum and Dad look very very tired

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

What was the outcome of the chat Pete?..just for curiosity's sake.

The outcome was a very pleasant call with Liz. Have to admit I always had a bit of a crush on her when she was on TV.

She had a look at raceplace but didn't volunteer anything further on that score.

Aside from my crush bias I was really impressed that she took the time to contact me personally.

And I love the publication too! Hesi would have you believe I'm a grumpy old man but not in this case.

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

2.  Pete has a date

By the way Mardy, congratulations on becoming a Dad.  We have a new one in our household(not mine), and she is a joy to behold, even though Mum and Dad look very very tired

Dreams are free. 1 2 and 3 are not happening.

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Its not when they turn 18 & tell you to get f'd, leave there room and your house a dump, do zero to help you with anything & constantly have there hand out for money.

Don't be fooled Mardy, the cute baby/infant becomes a bastard when they turn 13 and gradually gets worse until 18 when they become a complete bastard and vote Green or worse Labour. (joking for your benefit Hesi, even I wouldnt tolerate that)

Thanks for that Barry. I'm prepared for that too happen,as karma..because i was a prick as a teenager so i have no doubts that it will come back to bite me lol.

1 hour ago, pete said:

The outcome was a very pleasant call with Liz. Have to admit I always had a bit of a crush on her when she was on TV.

She had a look at raceplace but didn't volunteer anything further on that score.

Aside from my crush bias I was really impressed that she took the time to contact me personally.

And I love the publication too! Hesi would have you believe I'm a grumpy old man but not in this case.

When did I say that? You know I love you(and Barry) like brothers, even though you both hate Jacinda

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, barryb said:

Hesi, for a leftie you are not that bad either, hearts in the right place even though the brain is lala.

I will admit to even (possibly/maybe/just a tad) thinking Craig aint that bad.

Don't go too soft on it Baz.

Fear not, good people. For the silent majority will be out in force on 17 October. Having watched 3 years of incompetent administration of everything from housing to pandemic response; having led the world in virtue-signalling and political correctness, while failing to turn the tide of child poverty and failing to announce the billions for 'transformational change' until Election Year campaigning; having raised the cost to employers of compliance, annual leave, sick leave, wages, and added a national holiday (instead of removing an existing one); LABOUR will not make it back into Government. Neither will NZ FIRST.

The polls and the pollsters should be ignored. They got the UK election wrong; the USA election wrong; the OZ election wrong.

The NATS would have waltzed in if they had done the sensible thing and ditched Bridges in the summer of 2019. Collins is by no means my first choice as leader. But she's competent and cool under pressure - is she Muldoon reincarnate? (Put a wig on Rob the Goblin's head and you've got ... Judith! She even smirks like he did!)

Interesting times ahead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back to racing, or we will end up like the crackpots on RC and BOAY

Avondale accoutrements, there is a horse racing today, brilliantly named, out of probably the best horse in recent times not to win a race.

$20 to win on whoever can name it

I see also a horse out of a NZ Cup winner racing as well

On 10/6/2020 at 5:25 AM, Hesi said:

2.  Pete has a date

(1) Drink!

(2) Girls!

(3) Feck!

Or rotated in any order😁

Edited by Midnight Caller
  • Haha 1