The Race Place

5 to Win Comp Round 1

PWJ

Welcome everyone to the first round of the 5 To Win Comp

it will be an individual comp which will run for 5 weeks (to Sat Dec 19). Mostly Saturday but I may throw in the odd mid-week fixture.

THE RULES

1. For each day of competition I will choose a meeting - some will be in NZ, some in Australia. All races at that meeting are eligible for your selections.

2. You will be required to make 5 selections of your choice each day, no more, no less. All selections must be made before the start of the first race on the program irrespective of whether you have a bet in that race. You may choose whatever races you like for your 5 selections but with the proviso of only one horse per any given race. See Rule 5 below regarding posting a sub.

3. Your first selection of the day will carry an imaginary $10/place investment. If successful, the return from this bet will carry over (the full dollar amount) to your second selection and so on. The aim is to get all 5 place selections on the day, in the money. If any miss, your only return from the day will be your loose change (cents not re-invested).

4. If you manage to get all 5 selections placed then your daily total will be banked towards your overall score (as will your cents if you miss). The player with the most $$ at the close of racing on Dec 19 wins. Sounds easy ? If all 5 of your selections WIN then your daily final total will be doubled !

5. Scratching Rule. You may replace scratchings up until 5 mins before the first race on the card at the stipulated meeting. Replace in a new post. Do not edit your original selections. If you don't replace a scratching then your entry will be invalid for that meeting. If you suffer a late scratching then your investment will go on the NZ TAB fave. You may post one sub that I will use in the event of a normal scratching. This sub must be posted with your original selections.

6. My decision and word is Final

ROUND 1 - Counties @ Pukekohe

Post your selections by race # and horse # below. Names are optional. Posting a sub is optional. If you post a sub in the same race as one of your selections then it will only be eligible to replace that one selection. It would make sense that if you are going to post a sub then select a different race from your 5 selections. There is no need to post a sub if you are aware of all scratchings and have posted accordingly with this considered.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Caislean Cloiche said:

Event  R2 / 8

Event  R3 / 1

Event  R4 / 1 

Event  R6 / 14 

Event  R9 / 3 

Good luck to one and all

Welcome aboard. What name would you like us to use when addressing you ?

Nice to have you join us 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Another ripper PJ comp coming up!

The early squirrel gets the nut!

Race 2 - #17

Race 4 - #2

Race 5 - #6

Race 7 - #5

Race 9 - #6

These would be some of the deepest fields in the north for quite some time so expect some value divvies and competitive racing.

Good luck one and all and thanks again PJ

I think it will be a very clever cookie who can get all 5 home on Saturday

Anyone scoring 5 nominated place-getters on Counties Cup day will be doing really, really well - given the strength and depth of the fields.

I'll try these ones :-

R1)     4      -       Star Tsar
R3)    9      -       Beldarra
R5)    1       -       Supera
R7)    4      -        Savy Yong Blonk
R8)    2      -        Dawn Patrol

Thank you very much for this comp, PJ.

The very best of luck to everyone. 😀

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Maximus said:

As an aside, may Maxi say that including the names of the horsies makes it easier to see who's picking what, and easie to follow other players' progress on race day.

MM 

Yes I agree with Maxi.
It's a help to be able to see at a glance what horses people are taking.
When I'm looking at numbers only the 'glance ' is turned into a somewhat protracted exercise.
Thanks to all who are posting numbers and names.
Yes I know .... I'm a troublemaker. ☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TooFast said:

Yes I agree with Maxi.
It's a help to be able to see at a glance what horses people are taking.
When I'm looking at numbers only the 'glance ' is turned into a somewhat protracted exercise.
Thanks to all who are posting numbers and names.
Yes I know .... I'm a troublemaker. ☺️

good to see you on the case here, Howie...hang on a mo, I may have to officially recruit ye .... Big Chief Deputy Howie (Troublemaker to his friends)

MM

Thanks PJ

R3 #1 Quattro Quinta 

R5 #5 Jennifer Eccles 

R6 #8 Loose Cannon 

R8 #5 It’s Destiny’s Child 

R9 #12 Ever So Clever 

At the FF odds I've backem at, Maxi's $10 place multi returns about $1700 but the TAB has a tendency to stuff all those juicy odds up.

MM