The Race Place

5 to Win Comp Round 4 - Sat Dec 9

PWJ

ROUND 4 - Te Rapa Dec 12 - 9 races  + one from Oz - closes 12.29pm

Races 1-9: Te Rapa card

Race 10:  Randwick Race 7 - QUINCY SELTZER RAZOR SHARP QUALITY HANDICAP (LR) $140k, 1200m

THE RULES

1. For each day of competition I will choose a meeting - some will be in NZ, some in Australia. All races at that meeting are eligible for your selections.

2. You will be required to make 5 selections of your choice each day, no more, no less. All selections must be made before the start of the first race on the program irrespective of whether you have a bet in that race. You may choose whatever races you like for your 5 selections but with the proviso of only one horse per any given race. See Rule 5 below regarding posting a sub.

3. Your first selection of the day will carry an imaginary $10/place investment. If successful, the return from this bet will carry over (the full dollar amount) to your second selection and so on. The aim is to get all 5 place selections on the day, in the money. If any miss, your only return from the day will be your loose change (cents not re-invested).

4. If you manage to get all 5 selections placed then your daily total will be banked towards your overall score (as will your cents if you miss). The player with the most $$ at the close of racing on Dec 19 wins. Sounds easy ? If all 5 of your selections WIN then your daily final total will be doubled !

5. Scratching Rule. You may replace scratchings up until 5 mins before the first race on the card at the stipulated meeting. Replace in a new post. Do not edit your original selections. If you don't replace a scratching then your entry will be invalid for that meeting. If you suffer a late scratching then your investment will go on the NZ TAB fave. You may post one sub that I will use in the event of a normal scratching. This sub must be posted with your original selections.

6. My decision and word is Final

Post your selections by race # and horse # below. Names are optional. Posting a sub is optional. If you post a sub in the same race as one of your selections then it will only be eligible to replace that one selection. It would make sense that if you are going to post a sub then select a different race from your 5 selections. There is no need to post a sub if you are aware of all scratchings and have posted accordingly with this considered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• PWJ pinned this topic
1 hour ago, brown fox said:

Just found one of the horses I backed in last weeks comp.🙈

Nahhh...that sounds just like me (well the first part anyway) after my 4th leg dipped out in the last at Trentham last Saturday. Actually I was making worse sounds than that ! 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PWJ said:

He reminded me a bit of Max 😁

Mustelids know the donkey-speak lingo...so allow me to translate:

Mr Donkey said, and I quote:  "Hey cute little girlie, long time no see...now where's my flockin' cocktail, the booze is flowin' like mud around here ...."

MM

• Haha 1

Just now, TooFast said:

This Saturday looks my "go" to advance my prospects in this comp.
These 5 jumped out at me from the racebook :-

R2 - 3 - Sword Of State
R6 - 1 - Son Of Bielski
R7)- 2 - Savy Young Blonk
R8)- 1 - Supera
R9)-11- Ever So Clever

Good luck, folks.

Thanks, PJ.

All the above are at Te Rapa.
Randwick race is too tough, me thinks.

• Like 1

Te Rapa

R4-05 Lilikoi

R6-11 Mai Tai

R7-06 Justamaiz

R8-01 Supera

Randwick

R7-02 Tactical Advantage 

Didn’t expect to end up in Hospital last Saturday, hopefully getting out tomorrow morning, just had 4 weeks annual leave although the wife had me doing this that and everything now I’ve got another 4 weeks off, pretty sure I’ll be watching a lot of sports and racing I’ll me milking it for everything 

Not sure how the image ended up upside down🙃

282F4D63-CA54-4D86-994D-A172CD49DFF0.jpeg

Away to Awapuni early tomorrow to hopefully cheer home Akela belle in the 3rd. Go girl - awesome trackwork yesterday ...track does worry me a tad as drying heavy tracks can be tough but she is really really well.

TeRapa

r2 3 Sword of State

R3 5 Brando

R6 13 Tabata

R7 5 Sherrif

Randy R7

3 Snitz.  Really like him in this race

Reserve TeRapa R6 13 memories Only

Well done tonight Rees - beaten by a slightly better horse on the night but a new national record. Awesome race between the two of them

Edited by Gazzac
  • Like 1

Hi there, I know I'm a tad late in this comp going by the rounds, but in for a grin and hope that's okay 🙂

Te Rapa Race 3  :  6  Illumination

Te Rapa Race 5  :  8  Conventina Bay

Te Rapa Race 7  :  2  Savy Yong Blonk

Te Rapa Race 9   :  11  Ever So Clever

Randwick Race 7  :  4  Passage of Time

Cheers PWJ and have a good day all 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Te Rapa

R1-13 Tears of Jupiter

R2-3 Sword of State

R3-5 Brando

R5-4 Prise de Fer

R6-1 Son of Bielski

SUB R9-11 Ever So Clever

Thanks PJ

Was sorry to hear of the very good Group winning Media Sensation going amiss earlier this week.Looked to be in for a huge Summer.Hopefully owners can get a win with Tears of Jupiter today after getting one with the impressive Slave to Love on Thursday