The Race Place

well bred horse at Ellerslie.

ngakonui grass

6 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

BRAZIER lining up in R3 at Ellerslie tomorrow.

By Iffraaj out of Katie Lee.

Previous 4 starts read 756x0

Owners include Rogersons,Hogans and Marcus Corban  bloodstock amongst others.

Trials win Dec. 2019. 

Four Starts:
Began awkwardly making contact (5.1L)
Began awkwardly then knuckled losing ground, raced ungenerously early stages getting head up, had some difficulty obtaining clear running until near 200m (3.5L)
Slow to begin then hampered shortly after losing ground. Steadied over the concluding stages when awkwardly placed. (3.9L)
Began awkwardly making contact. (4.7L).

Has ability and not far away but needs to keep out of trouble.

Dam Katie Lee classy racemare (1000 Guineas & 2000 Guineas) with 2 winners from 4 to race. Granddam Miss Jessie Jay a Group 3 winner and dam of 4 runners for 4 winners including Katie Lee & Banchee (G1 Diamond Stks; G2 Matamata Breeders Stks).

Nice pedigree structure. Bred by Patrick Hogan. 

2 hours ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Well bred but going by the cumulative record of all progeny out of that dam I wouldn't be confident.

agree...and based on the tendency to 'begin awkwardly' you'd hope some further effort has gone into barrier manners/nous since its first run this prep...encouraging, at least, that its not been all that far away despite the poor starts, ad todays trip is over further. Might help, and the jock is in-form. If I were training it, I'd be asking the rider let it flop out of the gates and give it time to settle. 

MM