The Race Place

Sky Tv

barryb

11 minutes ago, barryb said:

I only really get Sky for the racing & bugger all else is watched.

Cost is over $100 a month so rung up this morning to cancel heaps of it & yep they are desperate to hold onto you as a customer and all of a sudden its now $49 a month.

Fuck me what a bloody rort.

I think spark sport has the racing. Half that price.

• Thanks 1

Sky has been a rort for years Barry

If we had a half decent racing administration the racing channel would be free to air, but big management changes needed before we get a racing industry committed to the punter 

Thank God I have my Victorian races each Saturday with superb professional lead up by people who know racing

NZ is muppetsvil

Edited by Turny

We have been seriously thinking about ditching Sky now that I am on the pension. Maybe just keeping basic plus the other package which gives you the racing channels.

The only thing I would really miss would be the cycling on one of the sports channels. 90 percent of the other channels are rubbish. I could easily get by with YouTube and Netflix for other entertainment.

• Like 2

Beware the common Sky rort of adding a 'free' channel eg Soho and after a month they start charging you if you haven't contacted them to cancel...today's SundayStar-Times has a profile of new CEO, whose 'credentials' apparently include having successful sportspeople in her family...what a joke, and she is on a hiding to nothing (as her predecessor must have realised. He didn't last long.).

MM

Edited by Maximus

3 hours ago, barryb said:

I only really get Sky for the racing & bugger all else is watched.

Cost is over $100 a month so rung up this morning to cancel heaps of it & yep they are desperate to hold onto you as a customer and all of a sudden its now $49 a month.

Fuck me what a bloody rort.

Glad you posted this

I just rung up and reduced my Foxtel package, there is so much shit I never watch, all I need is the sports and racing channels 

25 minutes ago, curious said:

Spark sport is $25 a month and includes trackside but it is only 18/month for sky decoder rental only which provides the free channels including trackside.

Yep I have signed up for Spark Sport, no contract & can cancel at any time. I am busy watching the Test on it now.

Sky is so un-user friendly which is why its lost its customer base.

I remember getting our first decoder in the early 90s & if I remember rightly we had to pay for it & was about $299, only had 3 channels, Movies, Sport and News. All through the years of being a loyal customer and they honestly treated me with contempt when I phoned to make changes this morning. Halved the price till 1 March so we would stay, after that period I am gone.

Not worth watching.  Sad, but that West Indian team is poor compared with the many teams and cricketers of the past

Joel Garner, Sir Gordon Greenidge, Sir Wes Hall, Desmond Haynes, Malcolm Marshall, Sir Garfield Sobers, Sir Clyde Walcott, Sir Everton Weekes, Sir Frank Worrell. Sir Curtly Ambrose, Sir Vivian Richards, Sir Richie Richardson, Sir Andy Roberts. Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Lance Gibbs, Carl Hooper, Alvin Kallicharran, Rohan Kanhai, Sir Clive Lloyd. Jeff Dujon, George Headley, Michael Holding, Lawrence Rowe, Alf Valentine, Courtney Walsh, Ian Bishop, Sir Learie Constantine, Larry Gomes, Brian Lara, Sonny Ramadhin.

Look at some of those names, absolute legends, and that is why it is so sad to see the demise of West Indian cricket, at test level

I understand, that a lot of the young talent goes off to play mainly NBA in the US, although Covid has probably put an end to that.