The Race Place

5 to Win Comp Round 5 (Final) - Sat Dec 19

PWJ

ROUND 5 (FINAL ROUND) - Awapuni - Dec 19 - 9 races  + one from Oz - closes 12.12pm

Races 1-9: Awapuni card

Race 10:  Doomben Race 4 - SKY RACING OPEN QUALITY HANDICAP $105k, 2020m, qlty hdcp

THE RULES

1. For each day of competition I will choose a meeting - some will be in NZ, some in Australia. All races at that meeting are eligible for your selections.

2. You will be required to make 5 selections of your choice each day, no more, no less. All selections must be made before the start of the first race on the program irrespective of whether you have a bet in that race. You may choose whatever races you like for your 5 selections but with the proviso of only one horse per any given race. See Rule 5 below regarding posting a sub.

3. Your first selection of the day will carry an imaginary $10/place investment. If successful, the return from this bet will carry over (the full dollar amount) to your second selection and so on. The aim is to get all 5 place selections on the day, in the money. If any miss, your only return from the day will be your loose change (cents not re-invested).

4. If you manage to get all 5 selections placed then your daily total will be banked towards your overall score (as will your cents if you miss). The player with the most $$ at the close of racing on Dec 19 wins. Sounds easy ? If all 5 of your selections WIN then your daily final total will be doubled !

5. Scratching Rule. You may replace scratchings up until 5 mins before the first race on the card at the stipulated meeting. Replace in a new post. Do not edit your original selections. If you don't replace a scratching then your entry will be invalid for that meeting. If you suffer a late scratching then your investment will go on the NZ TAB fave. You may post one sub that I will use in the event of a normal scratching. This sub must be posted with your original selections.

6. My decision and word is Final

Post your selections by race # and horse # below. Names are optional. Posting a sub is optional. If you post a sub in the same race as one of your selections then it will only be eligible to replace that one selection. It would make sense that if you are going to post a sub then select a different race from your 5 selections. There is no need to post a sub if you are aware of all scratchings and have posted accordingly with this considered.

• Like 1

• PWJ pinned this topic

TOTALS going into Final Round If Gordy and donkeyrides both fail to pick 5 to Win tomorrow, residuals may decide the winner !

Gordy 273.80

donkeyrides 273.50

Steve P 165.48

Maurice 92.60 

Rocky 90.30

Ray 64.00 

Gee 49.50 

Gary 1.50

Porky 1.26

Graeme 1.20

Stevie N 1.10

Howie 0.92

Senan 0.90

PJ 0.84

Punter Pete 0.70

Jack 0.70

Craig 0.60

Ngakonui Grass 0.50

Pam 0.40

John 0.40

Pete 0.40

Virgil 0.40

Georgy Boy 0.40

Richie 0.40

Roland 0.40

Zac 0.30

Ziggy 0.30

Ian 0.20

Blind Squirrel 0.20

Wandering 0.20

Geoff 0.20

Midnight C 0.20

The rest..... 0.00

• Like 3

Pounce late with 5 winners. Even fields and kept changing mind so here goes before I do it again

R1 6 Sumi

R2 1 Challa

R6 11 Aquila Star

R8 5 Sir Nate

doom

R4 4 Phaistos

Sub Puni R9 10 Kellys Inspiration

The others I had in and out were Aimees Jewel and Brazen Blue. We just secured a Priosir filly to replace the retired The Great Guru so keen to see the Proisirs winning and Aimees Jewel will be of interest for that reason.

Ok.

Good morning, folks.

3 place "certs 😁" ....so I only have to find two. Surely that's within my scope. 🙂

These 5 to bring me home :-

R1 :  1 - Invisible Spirit
R2 :  1 - Challa
R7 : 2 - Tavi Mac
(now it get's harder ....)
R8 : 3 - Platinum Invador      (time-honoured trend seen over recent years .... go to Australia and battle ..... come home and bolt in)
R9 : 5 - Hydroexpress           (best horse in the race, so hoping that the apprentice doesn't cover too much extra ground from the horror draw)   

Thanks for a fine comp. PJ.

• Like 3

Event - Awapuni - Race 1  - 1 -  Invisible Spirit 

Event - Awapuni - Race 3  - 1 - Dragon Biscuit

Event - Awapuni - Race 4  - 4 - Red Jakkal

Event - Awapuni - Race 5  - 10 - Mataro

Event - Awapuni - Race 10  - 4 - Phaistos

Bhios Spraoi. 

Nollaig Shona Agus Athbhliain Faoi Mhaise Daoibh Gach Duine. 

Senan.