The Race Place

National Championships Summer Super Comp expressions of interest (new players welcome)

PWJ

2 hours ago, PWJ said:

Correct. Are you going to masquerade as a Kat ? Is Georgy a starter

miaow miaow...no masquerading here PJ

Georgy Boy is obsessed with lawn bowls ad cat multi-task the way Max can.. but G may well be back for the Super Comp in the autumn

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Jeepers Hesi, I thought I was having trouble with the others and now discover you've sold out to the chariot brigade 😮

Peter, both TC and I will be rejoining the Canes.

CVs welcome for that final spot 😊

Happy to rejoin the Canes, my post did say to put in the Pool for the mo, as you were still cogitating, and it would not really be a Canes team without you 

Might have to reassess the competition, as the Blues appear a spent force, too many lattes for Pete, at overpriced eating establishments, admittedly in West Auckland.

Howie's past his best, even with Geoff doing his picks, Gordy's too in love with his shirt and eating his pots of honey to care and Roland may be their only saviour 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Zig said:

Hey Pete....if the harness lads bond can you throw me in the Turbos?

Hey mate.... not one to be pedantic as a rule(😬) but I was just chasing that vacated spot left by Rees if a Harness team evolved. No real drama tho... just thought I’d mention. I have a new “holiday” job high on ...the list to focus on today. Fix the beer fridge!!! Bugger has been leaking these past 3 weeks....I’m sure of it🤔🤣

13 minutes ago, JustPlodded said:

I guess Hesi has received Howie’s rejection reply to his application for the Blues ??
There is always that Harness team ? oops .. no it seems he might have upset them too !

I already sent him the rejection Geoff.

It consisted of two words. The first one began with f

f u middle finger GIF by Midland

4 hours ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Took me a while to work out what you were eluding to there PJ 😉

Yes you may put vS in the pool if required to fill a spot.

Happy to sit out if you have 1 too many players though.

Silence, von Smallhausen!!PJ was not eluding to anything, though it's a fair bet he was alluding to something significant.

MM

Just now, Dancing Show said:

Yes it was pre the Maximustic era, the team has always included Sharne, Graeme and Jen as far as I can remember and Pam previously along with Firefly.. Graeme was a Tom amongst the Queens for quite a time 🙂

lucky Old Fox...it appears demand exceeds supply for the KKs in 2021...have we heard from the incumbent Rocky?

MM

I have given the spare slot on the Kats team to Pam given her prior history with the team. Mrs Max PM'd me and issued a warning about Baby and Max being teammates so that was heeded also 😄!

Maria has opted for The Ferdies. The remaining 4 players were placed in a random draw for the 4 remaining slots.  The Barbarians/Park Pacers need to have some sort of internal vote to decide on their final team name. If 5 more players show up then we can still have 9 teams but I think that's unlikely as I have contacted the "missing" players a couple of days ago.

Most importantly each side needs a Captain. Please put your hand up for this. There is precious little extra duties involved. Just being online at closing time for tips submission in case a spare set needs to be posted for a missing team mate and coordinating the Joker play decision. Nothing to it !

FINAL TEAMS STATUS:

KAURI KATS: Sharne, Graeme, Max*, Jen, Pam

BLUES: Howie*, Roland, Geoff, Pete, Gordy

TURBOS: Steve P, Gary, Ziggy, Ray, Blind Squirrel*

HURRICANES: John*, The Crucible, Porky, Virgil, Hesi,

FERDIES: PJ, Heather, Zac, Maurice, Maria*

CHIEFS: Ian*, Gee, Jack, Punter Pete, Stevie N 

BARBARIANS: Richie, Rees, Craig*, Von Smallhausen, Baby

CRUSADERS: Rob*, Tom, Rex, Robert, Wrinkles

Now we just need someone to post some odds....

Mrs Max PM'd me and issued a warning about Baby and Max being teammates so that was heeded also 😄!

Curses! Max has been gazzumped before the first race. Never mind Babygirl, we shall hook up at some stage and you shall sip bountifully from Max's almost endless supply of Moet.

The KKs look a formidable crew this year ... a couple of wily old critters surrounded by three charming women. What's not to like, eh Foxy One?! Wouldnt be surprised to see us #1 in the pre-post market (unless they're prepared by SNM).

MM

• Like 1